IGNORED

Burns

Eco

Definitely a glimmer of hope on a mainly poor performance. Coventry had a few very quick players and Burns being the same caused them problems. I couldn't quite see who scored at the time, somehow they didn't announce it either, I thought it was Gillett for some reason so I'm glad it was Burns.

The only thing that concerns me is he looked too good for us. I think he will attract attention.

Definitely a glimmer of hope on a mainly poor performance. Coventry had a few very quick players and Burns being the same caused them problems. I couldn't quite see who scored at the time, somehow they didn't announce it either, I thought it was Gillett for some reason so I'm glad it was Burns.

The only thing that concerns me is he looked too good for us. I think he will attract attention.

Looking too good for us should n't in all fairness be too difficult !

Looked good when he came on, think Cotterill will be in a dilemma as to whether to start him. I'm unsure if he has enough in his locker to be able to mix it up enough when he is marked and has two players on him. And I don't think as a team we are clever enough to exploit the space created by him being marked by two players.

Would be nice to see him get a chance. As I believe if he keeps up the good work he can become a top player for us!

somehow they didn't announce it either, I thought it was Gillett for some reason so I'm glad it was Burns.

Both the fourth official and I called it as an own-goal at the time, which is why I didn't announce anything. More than happy that the credit has now gone to Wes though.

Both the fourth official and I called it as an own-goal at the time, which is why I didn't announce anything. More than happy that the credit has now gone to Wes though.

Thanks for that. I did wonder if that was the case, possible own goal.

I still wouldn't start him yet. It'll end up another Ivan Sproule scenario where's he's probably best just coming on for a short space of the game and using his pace against tired legs. With Sproule, fans just assumed he could sprint at full pelt for 90 minutes and not be blowing after the 4th/5th time and got on his back - can see the same happening to Wes

I still wouldn't start him yet. It'll end up another Ivan Sproule scenario where's he's probably best just coming on for a short space of the game and using his pace against tired legs. With Sproule, fans just assumed he could sprint at full pelt for 90 minutes and not be blowing after the 4th/5th time and got on his back - can see the same happening to Wes

Whilst that's true, Burns has a few more strings to his bow and more talent than Ivan had, IMO.

Perhaps he isn't ready yet, you won't know until you experiment. Joe Bryan was thrown in the mix out of the blue for his debut by McInnes against Leicester and it hasn't done him too much harm.

Let him start for Christ sake can always take him off but be better two be 2 up for a change and then have to make subs while we always have to bring on when we are in the shit . Sure when he starts with the write formation and selections of the rest the team we mite take somebody to the cleaners !

Agreed and good luck with the grammar and spelling Police !

I always felt that Burns had the most potential out of the latest batch on youngsters to come through. Strange how he hasn't started any games as yet but genuinely believe he will achieve more than Reid and Bryan. I just think with his pace he also has trickery. It will be interesting to see how Wes developes. I certainly think we could have a fans favourite on our hands in the future.

We play better when both he and Barnett have come on and more importantly score goals and don't concede when they both come on. Only makes sense then to start the both of them! Drop JET, put Burns on the right and stick Baldock and Barnett up front! Play the rest of the players in their natural positions, none of this square pegs in round holes nonsense like Waggy at RWB. That's a start!

Archived