IGNORED

New - Lee Johnson Exclusive: "i'd Love To Manage City!

The Exiled Robin

For this week's Inside Line on Oldham I've interviewed ex-City player Lee Johnson, now manager at the Latics.  

In this exclusive interview he revealed a little about his time at Ashton Gate and how he dealt with the stick he got whilst here, as well as talking extensively of his love for the club and how he would love to return as manager. He also explains how his first year in management has gone, how Gary helps him out and the small part Steve Lansdown played in his Oldham job interview.

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/lee-johnson-exclusive-id-love-to-manage.html

Thanks for reading - all comments and feedback welcome

[as are likes on Facebook & RTs on Twitter, thank you ;-)]

Nice read ta!  Interesting and picking up on the theme of abusing players in another thread at the moment.  Personally I can't think of a more unfairly maligned player in recent history.

Despite Lee's weaknesses in the physical department I always thought he was a complete professional at the club.  It's funny to think that other players who dragged the club's name through the gutter press with prison sentences are treated almost as cult heroes.

Very good read that. If he moves up the leagues as a manager in time I could see him being a future Swansea manager, wouldn't be surprised if they listen to former managers like Martinez and Rogers as to who they think other successful managers could be and LJ appears to have Rogers as a fan of his as a manager.

Nice read ta!  Interesting and picking up on the theme of abusing players in another thread at the moment.  Personally I can't think of a more unfairly maligned player in recent history.

Despite Lee's weaknesses in the physical department I always thought he was a complete professional at the club.  It's funny to think that other players who dragged the club's name through the gutter press with prison sentences are treated almost as cult heroes.

It wasn't just the weakness, it was the way he'd run away from a tackle.

That said, a lovely passer who'd chip in with goals from midfield.

I agree, his critics were OTT.

I'd love him to be our manager one day. Shame the last managerial change here would have been just that bit too soon for him. He seems intelligent and wants to play the game the right way, didn't he fine or suspend his own player for diving earlier in the season? I would have no problem with him coming back and representing our club in the media etc. I can imagine he is a likeable, popular person amongst players and managers etc in the game so would be able to attract good people to the club...maybe one day huh?

I was an LJ fan and am the proud posessor of a Lee Johnson mug ! Glad he's doing well in Management and holds no grudges against us.  As he says City's ppg ratio was pretty good when he played compared to when not, and I agree that he was brave in always taking the ball and keeping things ticking over.

What is fascinating is his verdict on James Wilson v Swindon, one of their better players !   Aaarggh comes to mind.

Still to this day think had he not got injured towards the end of the season the year we got promoted would would have gone up in second place. He was one of those players where you dont really notice what he does but when he isn't in the team you sure as hell miss him.

He was a model professional, almost always available for selection. No surprises he is now doing well as a manager.

Its clear from that interview he is stipl great friends with SL, I suspect he is on the one for the future list. I hope next time we are looking which wont be long he wipl be top of the list.

He is a charming respectful knowledgable bloke, with those qualities he will come accross bettee as a manager as will be in the media more and our fans wouod warm to him.

Cracking read, thanks for posting.........Maybe now he will lose the "Daddys Boy" tag that many on here seemed to think was the case...

As a player it was the case. A vast majority of his pro games came under his dad.

Not opinion simply a fact.

Doing well as a manager off his own back tho so well done to him.

Archived