IGNORED

Dave Lloyd Very Quiet On East End Events?

CLEVEDONTRIANGLE

Listening to BBC Radio Bristol on thursday morning just gone.

DL does a very good paper review,but I did not hear any mention of the Meeting about the East End events were too take place on thursday night. 

Okay so it was on the BCFC home page it was in the local papers etc.but we all don't have a computer,and the radio is their only media link to BCFC.

In the interests of good community relations,no one should ever assume anything,especially to those in the mature age group.

• Admin

Understand your predicament, but I don't think David, or City for that matter, are able to set the agenda for the radio stations....

To be honest, a preliminary meeting about something that affects about 1,500 people in the entire region probably wouldn't make it onto their radar

But as in many instances in the past, there is the assumption that the supporters ONLY used OTIB as a forum or the OS

I'm not sure last night was that important, more so just canvassing for opinions etc

I review the papers in a non BCFC capacity, though I always try and crowbar in a City reference wherever possible :-)

Last night's EE consultation was very positive, and it's helped staff get a clear idea of the wishes of the 19 supporters who attended. I think it's fair to say that there was very little disagreement on key issues. We'll be meeting internally next week so we can start to finalise arrangements for the Crewe game, and relocation next season.

Certain things still have to be finalised, and we still need to consult with fans in other stands who will be affected by phase one of the redevelopment.

Things I can say with some certainty which arose from last night are:

CREWE GAME

- We'll do everything we can to help promote a party atmosphere for the Crewe game.

- Please make suggestions as to what you would like to see. Inflatables welcome. Possibility of a  souvenir T shirt and maybe a band playing before the game were discussed. 

- We will have to give some of the EE to away fans, but will get as many City fans in as possible.

- We will hold an EE open day / evening, probably in the week following the Crewe game where people can come in, take photos etc. At this open day, people can also take away seats if they want to and our maintenance guys will assist with this. There will be no charge, but a donation to the Community Trust would be appreciated.

NEXT SEASON

- We think we have identified an area of the Williams stand where we can work with supporters to make sure the EE ethos continues next season. We will need to work together - staff and fans - to make that achievable. We will do everything we can to make this area affordable.

- Away fans will almost certainly be in the Atyeo next season, but we don't know which side yet. It's important that we consult with affected fans once we know for sure, and we will be holding a meeting for Atyeo fans in the next few weeks.

- We may also need to talk to some fans in the Williams and Dolman who may be affected by relocation / rebuilding next season.

- Once all the consultation is done we will announce details of pricing, phasing and relocation for next season.

The next two or three season will require a great deal of patience and understanding on all sides. We will work hard to make sure that everyone feels consulted and involved, and that all supporters concerns are met wherever possible. Please e-mail me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk if you have any specific concerns.

Dave

I review the papers in a non BCFC capacity, though I always try and crowbar in a City reference wherever possible :-)

Last night's EE consultation was very positive, and it's helped staff get a clear idea of the wishes of the 19 supporters who attended. I think it's fair to say that there was very little disagreement on key issues. We'll be meeting internally next week so we can start to finalise arrangements for the Crewe game, and relocation next season.

Certain things still have to be finalised, and we still need to consult with fans in other stands who will be affected by phase one of the redevelopment.

Things I can say with some certainty which arose from last night are:

CREWE GAME

- We'll do everything we can to help promote a party atmosphere for the Crewe game.

- Please make suggestions as to what you would like to see. Inflatables welcome. Possibility of a  souvenir T shirt and maybe a band playing before the game were discussed. 

- We will have to give some of the EE to away fans, but will get as many City fans in as possible.

- We will hold an EE open day / evening, probably in the week following the Crewe game where people can come in, take photos etc. At this open day, people can also take away seats if they want to and our maintenance guys will assist with this. There will be no charge, but a donation to the Community Trust would be appreciated.

NEXT SEASON

- We think we have identified an area of the Williams stand where we can work with supporters to make sure the EE ethos continues next season. We will need to work together - staff and fans - to make that achievable. We will do everything we can to make this area affordable.

- Away fans will almost certainly be in the Atyeo next season, but we don't know which side yet. It's important that we consult with affected fans once we know for sure, and we will be holding a meeting for Atyeo fans in the next few weeks.

- We may also need to talk to some fans in the Williams and Dolman who may be affected by relocation / rebuilding next season.

- Once all the consultation is done we will announce details of pricing, phasing and relocation for next season.

The next two or three season will require a great deal of patience and understanding on all sides. We will work hard to make sure that everyone feels consulted and involved, and that all supporters concerns are met wherever possible. Please e-mail me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk if you have any specific concerns.

Dave

Thanks Dave, could you confirm whether the desso pitch is arriving this summer?

I thought redevelopment was going to mean moving the pitch, so I would be surprised if they shelled out significant and then had to do the same again as the other stands get redeveloped.

Wouldn't it be possible to lay a desso pitch, and then when the need arises, we reclaim 5metres of the pitch from the Dolman side and replant a further 5metres on the Williams side?

Everyone is assuming that the whole pitch needs to be laid and desso in one go, surely it's possible to relay the missing 5metres at a later date?

Wouldn't it be possible to lay a desso pitch, and then when the need arises, we reclaim 5metres of the pitch from the Dolman side and replant a further 5metres on the Williams side?

Everyone is assuming that the whole pitch needs to be laid and desso in one go, surely it's possible to relay the missing 5metres at a later date?

I'll say 'yes'.

Being an office-boy qualifies me to comment on complex pitch installations. (Seriously though, I have no idea. Although I would imagine heavy lifting equipment will be needed for the redevelopment and the only point of access will be the pitch so I would be surprised if they put an expensive pitch in place and then drove all over it in plant equipment. ).

I'll say 'yes'.

Being an office-boy qualifies me to comment on complex pitch installations. (Seriously though, I have no idea. Although I would imagine heavy lifting equipment will be needed for the redevelopment and the only point of access will be the pitch so I would be surprised if they put an expensive pitch in place and then drove all over it in plant equipment. ).

Hurrah! Those digger drivers will need plenty of chips (possibly plated, possibly not) once the work commences :city:

I'll say 'yes'.

I only have limited knowledge of constructing football stadiums, however my experience of wind turbines will lead me to think they will need a large area to set up a crane; something which can't be afforded other than by going on the pitch (the lifting radius from the williams/winterstoke car parks will be too great for the Dolman end of the east end). Will be interesting to see how they will protect the pitch regardless of whether its desso or not. My bet is on the use of temporary trackway such as Megadeck but no idea what sort of impact this will have on the pitch (and associated infrastructure eg drainage) which is below.

• Admin

Dave

And that is the big thing everyone needs to remember.

Over the next few years we are all going to be affected at some point, no doubt many of us won't be happy with what is put in place, but it is not forever!

Good info from David L, but what I think is the most important point is that only 19 people attended. We get a lot of hot air on the forum about the Wedlock stand but the majority comes from a small number of posters. We also get a lot of complaints that the club doesn't listen, but when given the chance, many don't bother to attend events where they have a chance to actually speak to somebody. (I didn't attend as I don't go to the Wedlock

Good info from David L, but what I think is the most important point is that only 19 people attended. We get a lot of hot air on the forum about the Wedlock stand but the majority comes from a small number of posters. We also get a lot of complaints that the club doesn't listen, but when given the chance, many don't bother to attend events where they have a chance to actually speak to somebody. (I didn't attend as I don't go to the Wedlock

9 - 90 it depends on who the chaps are. It will be follow the leaders no matter how much huff and puff there is on here telling people what they think the sketch is.

Agreed on this. In an area where the club didn't listen for so long... The roles reversed last night.

Agreed on this. In an area where the club didn't listen for so long... The roles reversed last night.

Sorry chaps, have to disagree with you here.

19 fans there last night is plenty enough for me on a Thursday evening.  You have to remember that a lot of people don't actually live in the immediate vicinity of the ground so might find it difficult to get there on a Thursday evening.  I live locally and had intended to go, but having got home from work late and having to care for my 8 week old daughter, meant I couldn't make it.  However, I had spoken in advance to some of those I knew were attending and they know exactly my feelings and what I would have wanted out of the meeting.

The 19 fans there last night will have spoken to others long in advance of this and will be representing the views of many many more.

Anyone who wanted to have an opinion on the matter will have had someone they could have shared this with who would represent them.

Sorry chaps, have to disagree with you here.

19 fans there last night is plenty enough for me on a Thursday evening. You have to remember that a lot of people don't actually live in the immediate vicinity of the ground so might find it difficult to get there on a Thursday evening. I live locally and had intended to go, but having got home from work late and having to care for my 8 week old daughter, meant I couldn't make it. However, I had spoken in advance to some of those I knew were attending and they know exactly my feelings and what I would have wanted out of the meeting.

The 19 fans there last night will have spoken to others long in advance of this and will be representing the views of many many more.

Anyone who wanted to have an opinion on the matter will have had someone they could have shared this with who would represent them.

It doesn't make a difference to what a tiny proportion of the EE that is. Since this is such a topic of importance on here you'd think more than 19 could make a special effort. 19's not even one row in one block ffs.

It doesn't make a difference to what a tiny proportion of the EE that is. Since this is such a topic of importance on here you'd think more than 19 could make a special effort. 19's not even one row in one block ffs.

Some of those that went were representing others that didn't go.  That is not rocket science.

How many recently went in the Williams v MK Dons? It appears that an "identified an area of the Williams stand" could be resulting from that.

Stop talking nonsense pal.  There were people there representing the views of others, having spent many an hour talking to people in the weeks leading up to the event.

19 fans from the EE out of approx 1200 season ticket holders is about, what, 1.58%

The other week for Lansdown and Cotterill's big night out there were no more than about 50 people there, out of what, 8600 season ticket holders - that's approx 0.58%.

By your rationale, based on percentage turn-out, the EE'ers care more about the EE, than all of our ST holders do about the club in general.

Quit the nonsense.

So some - not all - of the NINETEEN were representing a few others... Possibly. Sorry guys, you're right. Great attendance. As you were.

See my previous post - Where's your criticism for the rest of the fanbase for not turning up at the AGM?

Archived