IGNORED

Jet's Current Form

headhunter

He hasn't scored in 8 games, but he also had a 6 game dry patch under SOD.

I'd be opposed to asking Jay to do things that do not come naturally to him. I don't think this has been happening though has it. I've missed a fair number of games since Christmas, but JET has still been played in a free role hasn't he?

True but it was only 4 league games in those 6. Now it is 7 league games!

True but it was only 4 league games in those 6. Now it is 7 league games!

Worse for us, Alex, true. However I haven't given up hope that he'll come back onto form with a three-goal stunner like last time.

He does often look totally disinterested and indeed pissed off when he plays - but, hey, that's JET!

Worse for us, Alex, true. However I haven't given up hope that he'll come back onto form with a three-goal stunner like last time.

He does often look totally disinterested and indeed pissed off when he plays - but, hey, that's JET!

He will do something special at some point I'm sure but I doubt we will be seeing his best over a run of games with SC in charge.

He will do something special at some point I'm sure but I doubt we will be seeing his best over a run of games with SC in charge.

Seemed OK when Cotterill took over. I think the main thing that might screw him up would be playing him against type. I remember one game where Sean experimented with him up front as part of an orthodox front two. He was utterly useless,

As you say, it's free role or nothing with JET.

What's to say that Cotterill isn't getting Barnett fit to do all of JETs work and drop Baldock?

Not saying it's what I would do but 4-4-(1)-1 would suit JET as he would receive the ball from pretty much every direction.

His touch hasn't been the same recently, I'd say since the Dagenham game with the Stevenage game as a positive exception when, as someone near me said "To be fair, apart from 2 goals and 2 assists, he's done bugger all else today".

JET is not an impact sub, at the moment, Burns is - in my eyes that would be an ideal change that could be pencilled in every week, replacing a player you have to get tight to with a player who has shown he has the strength and speed to get away from tight marking higher up the pitch.

I hope it is the weather, with all this talk of formations, freedom, and fitness!

Archived