IGNORED

Jet's Current Form

headhunter

I'm sat in my lounge on a forum, not at Oldham nor at Ashton Gate.

See the difference?

No difference, the negativity bleeds through whichever medium of support. But hey, it obviouslymakes you feel good slating our players while neglecting your part in the team effort.

The majority of threads on this forum are negative towards our team and players, with people who are more concerned with getting the last word than supporting their team. Fill your boots.

No difference, the negativity bleeds through whichever medium of support. But hey, it obviouslymakes you feel good slating our players while neglecting your part in the team effort.

The majority of threads on this forum are negative towards our team and players, with people who are more concerned with getting the last word than supporting their team. Fill your boots.

Players, plural, this thread is about JET.

My part in team effort, you don't know what I do or contribute to on matchday.

You sound like that Redeye bellend, wouldnt surprise me if you are him.

Players, plural, this thread is about JET.

My part in team effort, you don't know what I do or contribute to on matchday.

You sound like that Redeye bellend, wouldnt

surprise me if you are him.

Why do people like you think only your opinion counts and everyone else's opinion is redeye or someone else you despise? JET's team effort or yours? Hmm, let me think.

Why do people like you think only your opinion counts and everyone else's opinion is redeye or someone else you despise? JET's team effort or yours? Hmm, let me think.

You're new to the forum, 28 posts in and you don't even ask who Redeye is....rumbled...welcome back mate!

You're new to the forum, 28 posts in and you don't even ask who Redeye is....rumbled...welcome back mate!

I've read the forum for a long time, of course I know who redeye is and enjoyed how people such as yourself were agitated with opinions that didn't mirror yours. In fact, you are agitated with me the same, which shows how desperate you are to get the last word. Once again, fill your boots with the last word and revel in the glory of it.

I've read the forum for a long time, of course I know who redeye is and enjoyed how people such as yourself were agitated with opinions that didn't mirror yours. In fact, you are agitated with me the same, which shows how desperate you are to get the last word. Once again, fill your boots with the last word and revel in the glory of it.

Still tutoring in uni?

Still getting your head flushed down the toilet by your colleagues in the staff room?

:clapping:

Still can't believe JET is getting slated as much as he is at the moment. 18 goals by the start of feb and 13 assists in a shit side not enough then? In fairness he probably deserved to be dropped today but some of the criticism has, as always, been well over the top. The trouble is at BCFC if you do well for a period, you are then hyped up to be the next best thing and are expected to win games on your own. When that doesn't happen you are either no longer up for the fight or need to be moved on.

It's pretty similar to what was expected of Adomah each week. It resulted in people claiming Albert had 'no end product', was 'lazy' and that the team was 'a lot better off without him'. Seriously don't understand what people expect sometimes. Seriously.

I would have thought some, just some on here might have appreciated a bit of ability over 'hard work'. Have those not realised that having a team of 'hard workers' doesn't always get you places? Hasn't done us very well the last few years has it? Adomah aside and Maynard for a season we haven't had any real exciting players for a while. Still, I must try and remind my self that all the 'hard working players' have contributed so much the last few seasons. Wagstaff bless him works his socks off....4 goals. No other players have the ability to show iniative to win games.

I can tell you now, had JET been given the service and time today he would have won us that. But no of course not, silly me. People would rather Tyrone Barnett, who off the back of a few anonymous sub appearances and two average starts is the answer to our prayers. Shame he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Only at City.

Since SC came in and basically said JET is not working hard enough, he has been on a poor run of form.

JET likes a free role with no pressure on him and SOD knew this.

SC should be praising what he did before he came here and making sure the defence and midfield are sorted so we are hard to beat along with having a match winner in the team.

Since SC came in and basically said JET is not working hard enough, he has been on a poor run of form.

SC should be praising what he did before he came here and making sure the defence and midfield are sorted so we are hard to beat along with having a match winner in the team.

Exactly - what JET is suffering from is basically the problem flair players have in Engand - managers favouring graft over ability and trying to get expressive creative players to conform to a more rigid system, thus shackling all the things they actually do well.  On a bigger stage it's the issue Le Tissier and Hoddle faced, on our smaller club terms, it's the problem Dziekanowski had under Osman.  

If this was Spain, Holland or Brazil a player like JET would be seen as the talent in the team and given the freedom to do what he does best but here he is constantly seen as a problem.  For what it's worth, I don't think there's much of a problem with JET's workrate and I don't consider him to be a lazy at all.  I think he's someone who just wants freedom to play and struggles a bit when he's trying to play in a more defined role but I don't think it's an issue of hard-work, more the fact he's someone who thrives on instinct rather than when restricted by a set of instructions.  Similarly I think his bad form comes entirely down to a system and a manager not getting the best out of him.

I feel really sorry for JET - I suspect he's going to get a career of people telling him he's a frustrating, ill-disciplined player wasting his talent whereas really he's just a type of player English football is not geared up to get the best out of.  If Cotterill is to be manager of Bristol City in the longer term, then I suspect JET doesn't have a future here and I really hope for his sake he gets himself a move to somewhere where a manager knows how to use him.

Exactly - what JET is suffering from is basically the problem flair players have in Engand - managers favouring graft over ability and trying to get expressive creative players to conform to a more rigid system, thus shackling all the things they actually do well.  On a bigger stage it's the issue Le Tissier and Hoddle faced, on our smaller club terms, it's the problem Dziekanowski had under Osman.  

If this was Spain, Holland or Brazil a player like JET would be seen as the talent in the team and given the freedom to do what he does best but here he is constantly seen as a problem.  For what it's worth, I don't think there's much of a problem with JET's workrate and I don't consider him to be a lazy at all.  I think he's someone who just wants freedom to play and struggles a bit when he's trying to play in a more defined role but I don't think it's an issue of hard-work, more the fact he's someone who thrives on instinct rather than when restricted by a set of instructions.  Similarly I think his bad form comes entirely down to a system and a manager not getting the best out of him.

I feel really sorry for JET - I suspect he's going to get a career of people telling him he's a frustrating, ill-disciplined player wasting his talent whereas really he's just a type of player English football is not geared up to get the best out of.  If Cotterill is to be manager of Bristol City in the longer term, then I suspect JET doesn't have a future here and I really hope for his sake he gets himself a move to somewhere where a manager knows how to use him.

Jet is all of the above but the point is in spain etc, its totaly different all the players are ball players they can all carry it and pass it .here we cant. Here jet goes missing regularly and leaves holes in the team where ever he wanders into.a team is a unit and with jet its not a unit.even at this level other managers know he wanders and pulls us out of shape. They exploit it . You can have a luxury player in a very good side you cant have one in a poor one. Its 11 committed players to fight for 90 mins 10 isnt enough .

JET is undoubtedly a talented player with amazing individual technical skill, certainly at this level. But what he doesn't seem to possess is the ability to use his skill in the right way to benefit the team. Of course he has scored a lot of goals and provided many assists, but how many times does he get caught in possession trying to beat player after player and thereby immediately putting us under pressure as the opposition counter attack.

Be interesting to see if we have conceded many as a result of JET losing possession. If we had a stronger midfield and defence then we could cover for him being robbed more easily, but at the moment we don't.

I was somewhat concerned when I read a Tweet from JET this morning that was timed at 11.41 PM on Thursday night saying " .... it's been a good night".

Might I just contribute to the debate and swopping of insults here, specifically on the issue of bedtimes. And this top, top insight will be of invaluable use to "the likes of" Harry and any others on here with nippers, nappy-wetters, tiddlers and toddlers etc, even young JET himself, of course.

The latest top, top thinking from the coaching manual of raising young 'uns suggests it is not how late you put your babber to bed, but how CONSISTENT you are in what time you do so. In other words, stick the little buggers in their Cott and scarper quick-sharp out the room AT THE SAME TIME (by and large) every night. CONSISTENCY. So, presumably, just so long as JET is turning the bedside lamp off, finishing the last tweet and giving the missus a nice little smoocheroo AT THE SAME TIME every night (approx, 11.45/ 12 midnight) he should be okay. As long as he manages that CONSISTENTLY, he should be fine. But then, being an enigma, he probably struggles to achieve this, consistently.

I would imagine that young JET was enjoying Nigel Ogden's "The Organist Entertains" on Radio 2 and was just staying up to catch the last 20 minutes. He might even have caught some of Bob Harris's Country show earlier in the evening. That's a "good night" in my book.

Finally, on bedtimes and CONSISTENCY with his babber, I wonder if JET is allowed a "free role" or whether he is expected to conform to a more rigid, disciplined approach? You know, go with the flow, make it up as you go along; or the routine of bath, teeth, jim-jams, story, lullaby, kiss, tuck you in, creep out the room with yer fingers crossed (while tweeting, probably) EVERY BLOODY NIGHT WITHOUT FAIL?

Agreed.

As soon as SOD left, the writing was on the wall for JET.

Reminds me of Johnson getting Trundle in - he had absolutely no idea how to use the player to get the best out of him and his career went backwards here.

Unfortunately, JET isn't fit enough and never has been, Wenger said it and said it would hold him back from being a great player and Cotterill recently said JET isn't 100% fit. I have no idea if that is the fault of JET or successive managers he's played under, but I suspect its his own fault.

But an unfit JET is easily good enough for this division and any manager with on ounce of intelligence would be looking to build the team to get the best out of him.

Problem is though that every player we have has to also compensate for the deficiencies of others.

I watched Kilkenny midweek look outstanding for Preston against Forest, (he was also MoM yesterday by the way) but the guy alongside him Keith Keane was also excellent, winning virtually every tackle and giving the ball to Kilkenny to use.

Yet the common belief on here is that he was shit, yet miraculously he's now a first choice in a top four side unbeaten in the league in ages..

Whereas sadly we still have players who cannot do their own job correctly to allow others to simply do theirs.

I still don't really get this myth that "it's like playing with 10 men when JET plays". Complete nonsense and ignores every header he wins when defending corners, how he's the only player we can throw to to consistently keep the ball and how he actually tracks back and defends far more than he's given credit for.

I still don't really get this myth that "it's like playing with 10 men when JET plays". Complete nonsense and ignores every header he wins when defending corners, how he's the only player we can throw to to consistently keep the ball and how he actually tracks back and defends far more than he's given credit for.

The thing is when he goes walk about and he does quite often,the other 9 outfield players have to do his work dont you see that. I have watched him stroll around somewhere on the pitch like he was in a different world , pro footballers should be on there heals practically all game.when he walks others have to fill the area he should be in. They can all run themselves into the ground then we can bring subs on , i bet jet barely comes off with a sweat on.

The thing is when he goes walk about and he does quite often,the other 9 outfield players have to do his work dont you see that. I have watched him stroll around somewhere on the pitch like he was in a different world , pro footballers should be on there heals practically all game.when he walks others have to fill the area he should be in. They can all run themselves into the ground then we can bring subs on , i bet jet barely comes off with a sweat on.

His work rate wouldn't be an issue if the manager could get a settled formation that suited our players. Take the pressure off JET from focusing so much on doing the donkey work like SOD did and get him scoring/assisting every game like he was - do that and we will stay up.

His work rate wouldn't be an issue if the manager could get a settled formation that suited our players. Take the pressure off JET from focusing so much on doing the donkey work like SOD did and get him scoring/assisting every game like he was - do that and we will stay up.

Completely agree. I think people fail to realise that you have to allow your best players freedom to create. Pretty much most other teams do it so we can't we?

Also JET does work back when he loses the ball. Is he meant to be doing the work of the right back, left back, centre backs and all the defenders as well now then? It's pretty clear that if he is doing lots of work off the ball and chasing back he will not be saving his best for the final third where it actually counts.

I have a horrible feeling he will replicate his form at Ipswich for the rest of the season. He's being managed by someone who doesn't know how to get the best out of him. Looking at his performances/comments from supporters of his previous clubs, he's only really been in form when he's had the license to roam. If Cotterill can sort out the defence and midfield there is no reason why JET shouldn't go back to having that free role. Cotterill needs to be less stubborn if he wants JET's form to return.

I have a horrible feeling he will replicate his form at Ipswich for the rest of the season. He's being managed by someone who doesn't know how to get the best out of him. Looking at his performances/comments from supporters of his previous clubs, he's only really been in form when he's had the license to roam. If Cotterill can sort out the defence and midfield there is no reason why JET shouldn't go back to having that free role. Cotterill needs to be less stubborn if he wants JET's form to return.

Cotterill and less stubborn don't go though I don't think mate.

His constant praise of Tyrone Barnett's apparent work rate is almost in itself an indirect pop at JET.

Completely agree. I think people fail to realise that you have to allow your best players freedom to create. Pretty much most other teams do it so we can't we?

Also JET does work back when he loses the ball. Is he meant to be doing the work of the right back, left back, centre backs and all the defenders as well now then? It's pretty clear that if he is doing lots of work off the ball and chasing back he will not be saving his best for the final third where it actually counts.

That's a good point. If he has a free role and is allowed to roam everywhere going forward it seems expected of him to cover just about every position defensively too. And defending isn't his strong point.

He does frustrate me though when he is given the ball and instead of moving it forward he always wants to draw the opposition towards him to do something clever, a little flick, to skin the bloke. Many times he stands still and waits instead of getting on with it. Just vary it a bit sometimes. After pinging a few passes together Jet receives the ball and stops. Other players have got into positions ahead only to look back and see the ball heading back down the pitch, the chase is on to get back and we find ourselves outnumbered. All because Jet has tried to be too clever.

Obviously jet isn't responsible for everytime this happens but this has cost us a few times. Maybe this can be overlooked if Jet is also scoring regularly too, or scoring more than we are conceding but when he isnt he is hard work and the other players must feel they are carrying him. They want/need him to as much as anyone for their win bonus and to ease the pressure. When Jet is good and on form I think the team is very different than when he isn't, for all concerned.

I think the last time Jet was rested he responded well, hopefully sitting on the bench will make him hungry again soon

Ah good old English football and its fans!! Unless a player is running around at 100mph an hour for 90mins he's deemed as lazy no matter how many goals or assists he gets. That my friends is the reason why Spain and Brazil etc win world cups etc and we don't. If you want to see nice passing flowing football we need players like JET in the team.

Nobody was questioning his work rate and attitude when he was banging them in under SOD when he had a roaming role, now he's not being played like that and the position doesn't suite his style of football. Cotterill either needs to drop him or play to his strengths and let him roam and create little pieces of magic.

He hasn't scored in 8 games, but he also had a 6 game dry patch under SOD.

I'd be opposed to asking Jay to do things that do not come naturally to him. I don't think this has been happening though has it. I've missed a fair number of games since Christmas, but JET has still been played in a free role hasn't he?

Archived