IGNORED

The Official 'i Blame Lee Johnson' Vs Bristol City Match Day Thread

bissellredhead

Just back home now.

A well-earned point in horrible conditions. Oldham might feel hard done by if we'd nicked all 3, but we slightly edged it in terms of chances and never really looked like losing the game either.

The defence looked a lot more solid in a flat 4. Flint in particular was excellent, and El Abd had a good game too. I hadn't seen him in the flesh before today but the comments from those who had were that it was his best game for us by some distance. Williams looked a bit out of place at left back, he defended well enough but certainly didn't provide as much threat going forward as Cunningham does. I'd have to see the goal we conceded again, but from my angle I thought Moore could have got nearer to it. Other than that he looked very solid, didn't have too many saves to make but much more commanding of his area than Parish. That said, the goal could have been prevented if we'd attempted to close their player down.

Going forward we created a few chances but nothing really clear cut, and I can't recall their keeper making a save of note. Barnett holds it up well, but seemed a bit lazy when we didn't have the ball. Burns was very lively but we didn't get the ball to him enough, especially in the 2nd half. The midfield were a mixed bag, some nice passing and battling tackles, but also a hell of a lot of squandered possesion.

In isolation, that's a decent result. Unfortunately we really need to start winning these types of games and bar the odd moment, we didn't look that likely to do so today. If he sticks with 4 at the back, then I'd be confident we can pick up enough points at home to be alright. It was 4-3-3 today and it looked solid for the most part, the problem is how you get JET into that formation. He came on for Burns on the right of the front 3 but didn't look entirely comfortable there.

What was Wade Elliott like,  never heard him mentioned in commentary!

Can we start saying we are ''good' at corners yet? Seems a fair share of our goals are as the result of them at the moment.

Well seemed JET started putting good ones in when Reid was dropped, then he was himself dropped!

He was okay, but no better than that. Some nice passes but gave the ball away cheaply on a few occasions too.

Marv was having a very good game until he had to go off.

Seems a strange signing to me.  Not really a winger anymore, not really a central midfielder.  Not entirely sure what he is supposed to give us.

On commentary they said Marv was sat on the bench after being stretchered off, is this right?  Hope so, because the way they were describing it it sounded like a serious injury, then all of a sudden he is sat on the bench applying ice!

So fingers crossed

Seems a strange signing to me.  Not really a winger anymore, not really a central midfielder.  Not entirely sure what he is supposed to give us.

On commentary they said Marv was sat on the bench after being stretchered off, is this right?  Hope so, because the way they were describing it it sounded like a serious injury, then all of a sudden he is sat on the bench applying ice!

So fingers crossed

I think because we play with 3 central midfielders pretty much all the time, SC thought we were lacking cover. Wade Elliott just provides numbers until Kelly and (perhaps) Pearson are back.

TRL, it might have already been mentioned but I believe Marv is doubtful for Tuesday as he has a massive lump on his head after clashing heads and then fell awkwardly on his ankle. So not as bad as feared maybe, but could be better.

TRL, it might have already been mentioned but I believe Marv is doubtful for Tuesday as he has a massive lump on his head after clashing heads and then fell awkwardly on his ankle. So not as bad as feared maybe, but could be better.

Thanks for this, judging by some posts he may have broken his leg in 3 places, his neck and maybe even broken the record for most injuries in on incident! 

Anyway hope the bloke is okay, not had much luck in recent years.

Archived