IGNORED

Sheffield Away

Who Are Rovers?

Sorry, but you will be making a wasted journey if you think we will get anything at Bramall Lane.

We have roughly the same record there as we have at Molyneux and we know how visits there turn out.

My advice to you.....drink heavily......it will soften the blow.

I'm going and for some reason unknown to me I've booked cats coach also..last time I sat on these was in Beryl's hey day..I fear the worst

Bear in mind that these days you can't smoke, drink or play a musical instrument on the coach. I believe a little mild snogging on the back seat is still permitted...

........& it's a ground where we have an absolutely woeful record.

I don't think I've seen us even get a point there.

Time to change that though  :chant6ez:

August 1970 City were 3-0 up at half time and we held on for a 3-3 draw!

May 1988 City finished 5th in Div 3 so in the play offs we met the 20th placed team in Div 2 (Shef U).

City drew 1-1 at Bramall Lane after winning 1-0 at Ashton Gate thus relegating The Blades.  Trouble is City then progressed to the play off final and lost to Walsall. The next season Sheff did the fouble over City and went straight back up as Champions.

For the majority of the last 45 years (my time as a City fan), we've been in different divisions. Promotion for one club coinciding with relegation for the other. 1975/76 they were in Div 1 and City replaced them at the end of the season..

When we have met over the years,, all too often  Sheff U won 2--1 at Brammall Lane.

All records have to change sometime.  We had a terrible record at Forest but won a crucial relegation clash there a few seasons back

We kept a clean sheet that day.

This current team couldn't keep a clean sheet, even if Stacey Penton was in bed.

Even in play off season, when we were at the top of CCC and they were in a relegation season,  we lost ... after going one up as well... 

But if i judged which away games to attend based on our previous records I doubt I would attend many.....hope to be there as I like Bramall Lane ,,,, much better than Hillsborough ....

Travel in style, back in the 80s a sausage roll and Russian slice from Mountstevens in Bemmy and then onto coach one. Tea and coffee served on route, those were the days.

January 1975 (FA Cup 3rd round) my mate slipped the coach driver a couple of quid to put his foot down and not stop en route and he did!

We then had enough time on arrival to get in a few pints of Ward's Sheffield Bitter before watching the game.

Bear in mind that these days you can't smoke, drink or play a musical instrument on the coach. I believe a little mild snogging on the back seat is still permitted...

Back seat??

You have to watch Green Street before the trip and smuggle in a bottle of WKD to share between 4 of you to have the privilege of the backseat!!

You think I'm joking they have a checklist upon entering the coach :noexp:

Archived