IGNORED

Back From Oldham - Thoughts On Today's Performance

headhunter

Those on here describing it as the worst 1st half they have seen cant have been really watching some of the recent home games.

It was me that said that and, no, I haven't seen any of the home performances. I've been listening on Player and we do sound awful at home and my mate who is a ST holder tells me it has been truly woeful.

My abiding memory of yesterday (other than the "half a Lee Johnson, there's only half a Lee Johnson" song was looking at my watch to see how much of the first half was left when it was 3:15.

Conditions may well have had a huge influence, Johnson has had plaudits for getting his team to "play the right way" but I thought that Oldham yesterday looked like a pub team.

Just for the record I was the "David" that was first up speaking to Twentyman on Radio Bristol at 5, so I was there to all those that think I wasn't!!!!!

Yes, I perhaps did put a negative spin on the whole thing but that's because I care about a club I have supported for 47 years and it is depressing to watch a decline that has been going on for far too long.

btw, for the person who said they were at Halifax in 82/83 , I wasn't at that one but was at Newport in Jan 82 watching what at the time could have been City's last game.

Football is all about opinion's..... one mans carp is another's Lionel Messi!!!

Would we have been in any worse a position had McInnes still been here? I think not. Relegation yes, but going out without a whimper no. Bottom 2 in mid-Feb, I very much think not.

Just for the record I was the "David" that was first up speaking to Twentyman on Radio Bristol at 5, so I was there to all those that think I wasn't!!!!!

Yes, I perhaps did put a negative spin on the whole thing but that's because I care about a club I have supported for 47 years and it is depressing to watch a decline that has been going on

btw, for the person who said they were at Halifax in 82/83 , I wasn't at that one but was at Newport in Jan 82 watching what at the time could have been City's last game.

The person on here who said they were at Halifax in 82/ 83 was also at Cremonese in 93/ 94, thanks in no small measure to (modesty forbids...okay, it was me) our glorious European adventure under the inspired leadership of this club, and Jules Rimet-esque vision of the same said person (me). There were about 9 Reds there that day, he said. Or 17, or something (ItalianDave, you must've been there?!) Rovers would've taken 29, or 37, of course.

That person (who was at Halifax and Cremona) was also in the bogs in the Dolman at half-time last weekend, along with a top, top BCFC Legend (me). And it would be appreciated if he didn't email this news around to all and sundry the following morning, as exciting as it must be for humble fans like the bloke that was at Halifax in 82/3 to be "rubbing shoulders" with me at half-time (rubbing shoulders that was, just shoulders)

The OP isn't too far off the mark. We just look devoid of any confidence to actually go and win a game so the rest of the season is a worry for me with games quickly running out.

Meat and potato pie very average just a 2!

I think JET was still recovering from wearing the smallest & tightest sub vest I've ever seen, was this an SC punishment for something?

Archived