IGNORED

....Thoughts Of An Oldham Fan (Merged)

Cider red

'I rarely attend games these days but went yesterday. poor conditions but a poor Latics team against the worst Bristol city team I have ever seen. can see why we are one of the worst supported teams in the league.'

Depressing but he has a point. Can anyone remember us being worse than currently? Its not like we have the excuse of being bankrupt this time

'I rarely attend games these days but went yesterday. poor conditions but a poor Latics team against the worst Bristol city team I have ever seen. can see why we are one of the worst supported teams in the league.'

Depressing but he has a point. Can anyone remember us being worse than currently? Its not like we have the excuse of being bankrupt this time

I've watched City regularly since '89-90 season, and a few sporadic games earlier than that, but this has got to be the most consistently bad I've ever known us.

Yes, is was bad under Osman and Pulis, but within a season or two we'd always be back on track.

it just feels like we're on a constant slope and no matter what we do, it just continues to get worse.

Were down as it stands, sack SC clueless chancer that he is and employ someone who has a brain and can shake this useless club to its foundations.. Embarrassed!

The board direct the manager, how they want the club run. The board we have got will never employee any manager that will shake this club up. They will always employee a safe manager someone they can control/direct. Much the same as the FA and the England job. One of the reasons why Brian Clough was never England manager.

Were down as it stands, sack SC clueless chancer that he is and employ someone who has a brain and can shake this useless club to its foundations.. Embarrassed!

Someone who everyone reckons is great - like Lee Johnson? Who's side, er, couldn't beat us at home.

Someone who everyone reckons is great - like Lee Johnson? Who's side, er, couldn't beat us at home.

Hmmm he's only 6 months into his managerial career to be fair, not 16 years plus like SC.

The budget he's working with is also much smaller than ours.

Notwithstanding the above, i don't think anyones saying he's ready for the City job just yet. Though whether he wouldve done any worse than 5 wins in 30...possibly not

Hmmm he's only 6 months into his managerial career to be fair, not 16 years plus like SC.

The budget he's working with is also much smaller than ours.

Notwithstanding the above, i don't think anyones saying he's ready for the City job just yet. Though whether he wouldve done any worse than 5 wins in 30...possibly not

I was being a bit flippant tbh Kid. A response to that LJ love thread that was on here recently.

Nonetheless I'd be a bit more worried about my team if I were this Oldham fan.

I can empathize though. Very few sides I've seen in this division have looked particularly good - even those near the top

Makes our current plight even sadder...-

weve been shit in the past {remember under les q ?} I know everyone's feeling pretty numb now and chances are the rot hasn't stopped yet.

but sometime people things will change it always dose.hard to have faith now  but if you can hang in there long enough wele come back.

just remember your first game as a kid? [mine was leyton orient 65} what league were we in? at the time didn't have a clue, was 2nd div in old terms.

anyway shit players,shit managers,shit board,shit owner. the joy will always be the city as has been said many times you the fans are this club

you have every right to moan and groan about the state of it. {believe me every Tuesday,Saturday I'm the same}

we will come back,if you don't believe that what's the point of caring anymore? urrrrreeeeddddssss!!!

I stick by my view that any team could play us these days and would be favourites to win. We are a very, very poor 'team' that struggles against everyone we play. We are almost a charity shop giving points and free goals away each week that opponents take full advantage of.

I dont think that Oldham fans view of us is any different to the majority of City fans. We have become a woeful team that is showing we are in a higher Division that we should be.

Well being third from bottom no other fan is going to say what a good side we are, when clearly we are rubbish. Of course with so many changes in players and managers, and we still get the same rubbish, means the hole we are in is dramatic. I thought SC got off to a good start, it started going wrong when he was able to bring players in in Jan, and then started putting players out of position. His signings in January have been rubbish in my view, not one of them has improved the team. If you are in the squad, and being told there will be changes in January, then see the rubbish that was signed, I think you would be wondering what was going on. On top of playing players out of position, the team is chopping and changing every game, and there is no consistency. I thought he had stopped the rot, I think now, he has got to sort himself out very quickly, because our recent performances have been of clear relegation standard. I am not one to say I did not want SC, but I was surprised at his appointment. He was proving us all wrong, but now seems to have got himself in a right mess. He needs to show quickly that he knows what he is doing, as his comments on signing Wade Elliot were terrible ( did not seem to know why he had signed him), and Adam El has been in the Gus Caesar class so far, or for younger fans, Tony Dinning. He was doing fine until January as I say, then he seems to have lost the plot.  

I have a lot of sympathy with the poster here!

It was as if he just wanted to sign someone for the sake of it...The comment at the time was  we were unbalanced...I'm not sure Moore, Wade Elliott and El Abd have done much to sort that out (not even sure what he meant).

Osbourne and Williams looked ok (Hurray Back KO). Cunningham and Maloney are decent! Midfield he has any number of options but was probably where we needed a ball player and a ball winner, however despite being a bit light weight and a little bit light on guile I cant understand why we can't put together a lower mid table midfield from Pack, Bryan, Wynter, Wes, Bobby, now Elliott, Gillett, Maloney, Marv (get better) and a forward line from JET Baldock Barnet (and why did Taylor get outed)! 

The fact is the players are good enough to be better than where we are, so what is fundamentally wrong...? Our defenders make dreadful errors our forwards miss sitters and our GK's are both a bit dodgy, but why? I dont get it! Occasionally yes, more than usual annoying, but nearly every week....**** what is going on?? 

PS you can see the transfer requests flying in from certain players if/when we are relegated...PPS Skuse and Gerkin are first choice at 7th place Ipswich!!

I have a lot of sympathy with the poster here!

It was if he just wanted to sign someone for the sake of it...The comment at the time was we were unbalanced...I'm not sure Moore, Wade Elliott and El Abd have done much to sort that out (not even sure what he meant).

Osbourne and Williams looked ok (Hurray Back KO). Cunningham and Maloney are decent! Midfield he has any number of options but was probably where we needed a ball player and a ball winner, however despite being a bit light weight and a little bit light on guile I cant understand why we can't put together a lower mid table midfield from Pack, Bryan, Wynter, Wes, Bobby, now Elliott, Gillett, Maloney, Marv (get better) and a forward line from JET Baldock Barnet (and why did Taylor get outed)!

The fact is the players are good enough to be better than where we are, so what is fundamentally wrong...? Our defenders make dreadful errors are forwards miss sitters and our GK's are both a bit dodgy, but why? I dont get it! Occasionally yes, more than usual annoying, but nearly every week....**** what is going on??

PS you can see the transfer requests flying in from certain players if/when we are relegated...

I agree we have the players individually to be much higher up the league. The problem is we haven't played as a team all season. We've mainly relied on jet and now he's off the boil were screwed!

I was chatting to a Wolves fan ( daughters boyfriends mate ) all the way back from Llantrisant and he said much the same. He was nervous at first as my daughter had told him I was nuts and a city fan. But when he felt he could talk freely he said that we are the worst city team he has seen without doubt, which is to me damning in the extreme as we have been terrible against Wolves for seasons now. He wasn't being nasty or trying to wind me up as tbh he was scared shiette less to start with. The worrying thing for me is as already stated above. SC came in and seemed to bring some positivity in the first few games and the team who I believed had turned a corner also seemed to be more motivated. But his signings have not gone well and disrupted a recovering team. The Carlise game was a massive concern. I am an optimist and I will give my all till its over and think we can stay up

I take everything he says as rhetoric and waffle. He keeps telling us we are unbalanced then he tells us people spend too much time focusing on formations.

I no longer have a clue about what he's trying to achieve, what his preferred way of playing is or what he's asking the players to do.

Fans are in unison saying A, B, C and D are wrong and he comes out in the interview saying E is fine.

When you say it like that it's pathetic!

You couldn't really make it sound not so. Unless maybe you owned the club.

This has to be the most underachieving 'squad' of all time. The time we were in the fourth we'd jsut gone t1ts up and lost the squad. Down to youth and YTS, and probably the most underrated manager.

I can empathize though. Very few sides I've seen in this division have looked particularly good - even those near the top

Makes our current plight even sadder...-

Yes I've thought this myself having seen a fair bit of this division, not just the games involving City. It really is a very poor league, certainly when compared to how it was when we were last in it.

I've seen us ocupy positions like this before but not with a real threat of relegation. It is sad to see.

But we will rise again, we have too many City people not to. There are clubs like Luton, though, that make you think.

We survived 82*

*Awaits a load of old timers telling me to man up!

I take everything he says as rhetoric and waffle. He keeps telling us we are unbalanced then he tells us people spend too much time focusing on formations.

I no longer have a clue about what he's trying to achieve, what his preferred way of playing is or what he's asking the players to do.

Fans are in unison saying A, B, C and D are wrong and he comes out in the interview saying E is fine.

tbh, too much emphasis is put on what people in football say.

They're not orators, they're football people. Football punters (us) want a healthy club preferably playing entertaining and winning football. Not a load of ******* feeding us bird feed. We have politicians for that.

Makes me think we deserve what we get, at times. A bloody soap opera.

Do t

Archived