IGNORED

We Were Tired!

KeepUpLino

...a couple of games with rest days in between (+ a bit of training, massage, etc etc) no wonder the poor little mites are exhausted, that'd tire out anybody let alone a group of young professionally super fit young twenty something 'athletes'.. hmmm.

If I was S Lansdown hearing that load of bollocks I'd want a shed load of my money back thats being wasted on wages for 'em, all they gotta ffs to earn his money is honour a commitment to make sure they're fit for purpose. 

I'd get 'em down on the dunes at Brean for a few hours every other day, bit of running over Brean Down then shovelling sand into sandbags until dark in support of the flood relief effort..that'd tire 'em out til the next time theye required to kick a ball around for 90 minutes on a lawn... Grrrrrr pampered or what?... preparing for & playing a game would seem like a day off on holiday for 'em then.  

Get 'em down the beach, blow a few cobwebs away. 

Nonsense, at least SOD spoke sense.

Nothing nonsense at all, Sods interviews were like his teams performances on the pitch, boring and predictable

And not forgetting making the club look stupid with his temper tantrum when asked a simple question by an interviewer

SC may say some strange stuff, but at least he tries to stay positive and upbeat and doesn't drone on about **** all for half an hour

Nothing nonsense at all, Sods interviews were like his teams performances on the pitch, boring and predictable

And not forgetting making the club look stupid with his temper tantrum when asked a simple question by an interviewer

SC may say some strange stuff, but at least he tries to stay positive and upbeat and doesn't drone on about **** all for half an hour

I found that in interviews (and his programme notes) SOD tried to explain what he was trying to do which I think was a good thing, yes, however, his tone and the way he put it across was as dull as dishwater. I find Cotterill's interviews less interesting because he doesn't go into as much depth or detail but he is more positive and less dull. Depends what you want from an interview.

EDIT: On SOD's interviews, I believe the 'stupid question' outburst was the beginning of the end.

Nonsense, at least SOD spoke sense.

"That's what a not pretty, ugly 1-0 looks like"

On Radio Bristol after we DREW 1-1

Cotterill shied away from criticising today and I hope didn't hold back in the changing room.

But don't remotely say that unpopular idiot before him was better. He was fired and even Lansdown now admits it was a disastrous time.

In the "olden days " when players were paid peanuts, they played on poor pitches which were basically a mud bath with a leather ball that weighed as much as a medicine ball when wet. There was also no such thing as squad rotation so if you could walk you had to play. Any player who made such a feeble excuse that he was tired would have been told where to go. Get a grip Cotts and stop giving us rubbish comments

I found that in interviews (and his programme notes) SOD tried to explain what he was trying to do which I think was a good thing, yes, however, his tone and the way he put it across was as dull as dishwater. I find Cotterill's interviews less interesting because he doesn't go into as much depth or detail but he is more positive and less dull. Depends what you want from an interview.

Problem was you listen to him and think we are going to see this awesome passing game.

Yet the football under him was utter dross and he took us down then to the bottom of the next league!!!

Talk whatever game you want, we were bottom of a league he took us all down to !!!!

I prefer the football under Cotterill and think we will stay up.

Tired my arse.

Pathetic excuse. I don't think today was too bad - in spells - and 4 points from those two games is probably 1 more than most of us hoped for.

But to trot out that nonsense....try working 10 hour days with a 2 hour commute 6 days a week lads then tell us how tired you are after a kickabout.

I hope he defends his players in the public, and blasts them in the changing room behind close doors, didn't do Sir Alex no harm with that method for 40 odd years managing

I too enjoyed reading his programme notes, I learnt a lot and now I don't even bother reading SCs programme notes because I know exactly what it will say, but sadly writing a good page in the programme doesn't make you a good manager, and SOD wasn't a good manager for this club

If Cotterill said once "I think ... I think they were tired" he said it 5 times. No substance in what he says at all. Oddly seemed to refer to them being tired after Brentford (weeks ago) then went on to talk about the win at Brentford! Assume he meant Orient and ok, maybe an easy mistake to make (perhaps he was tired) but I get the impression that he doesn't think, just opens his mouth and talks sh**te. Cannot imagine what it must be like being managed by him ... Almost feel sorry for the players.

The interviewer did ask a stupid question though. Doesn't drone on about *** all for half an hour? I'd argue that's exactly what Cotterill does!

Each to their own, but how anyone can enjoy Cotterill's interviews more than SOD's is beyond me. SOD came across as negative and clearly didn't enjoy having to do them, but he also said a lot of insightful stuff in his interviews - much different from the cliche-ridden interviews a lot of managers give. His programme notes were also a testament to that.

In the "olden days " when players were paid peanuts, they played on poor pitches which were basically a mud bath with a leather ball that weighed as much as a medicine ball when wet. There was also no such thing as squad rotation so if you could walk you had to play. Any player who made such a feeble excuse that he was tired would have been told where to go. Get a grip Cotts and stop giving us rubbish comments

Why do people refer to the 'olden days'?

It has no relevance to the present. Are you saying that you never witnessed a game where players didn't give 120%?

Players today are far fitter and more athletic than yesteryear.

Fact of the matter is that we were second to everything today and showed a complete lack of effort at times.

The interview did ask a stupid question though. Doesn't drone on about *** all for half an hour? I'd argue that's exactly what Cotterill does!

Each to their own, but how anyone can enjoy Cotterill's interviews more than SOD's is beyond me. SOD came across as negative and clearly didn't enjoy having to do them, but he also said a lot of insightful stuff in his interviews - much different from the cliche-ridden interviews a lot of managers give. His programme notes were also a testament to that.

Never said I enjoy his interviews, but at least he's upbeat, and tries to positive around the place. Funnily enough I agree we were tired, and it showed in our performance and how a poor team like Tranmere ran all over us.. I also enjoyed reading SODS programme notes, and learnt a lot from his writing, sadly writing a good programme note doesn't make you a good manager..

Steve Lansdown said in such words than he was a disaster for this club and his PR skills were bringing the whole club down with his boring negativity, this just shows that a managers words can have a massive affect on the supporters, the players and the fans in the whole, SC may not come across as the most articulate manager we've had, but if he keeps being positive and upbeat when times are hard I can live with that.

Problem was you listen to him and think we are going to see this awesome passing game.

Yet the football under him was utter dross and he took us down then to the bottom of the next league!!!

Talk whatever game you want, we were bottom of a league he took us all down to !!!!

I prefer the football under Cotterill and think we will stay up.

I hope he defends his players in the public, and blasts them in the changing room behind close doors, didn't do Sir Alex no harm with that method for 40 odd years managing

I too enjoyed reading his programme notes, I learnt a lot and now I don't even bother reading SCs programme notes because I know exactly what it will say, but sadly writing a good page in the programme doesn't make you a good manager, and SOD wasn't a good manager for this club

I agree with both of you that the stuff we're seeing with Cotterill at the reins is much more exciting and, importantly, we've picked up more wins.

I should hope Cotterill does have firm words, Ian.

Archived