IGNORED

We Were Tired!

KeepUpLino

Talks a load of sh**e almost constantly. Awful to listen to and comes across as not having a clue.

Well I make that a full house, shit manager, shit fans, shit players, shit board. Maybe that's why the gas call us shit heads...

Or we might just be rock bottom on confidence...

"That's what a not pretty, ugly 1-0 looks like"

On Radio Bristol after we DREW 1-1

Cotterill shied away from criticising today and I hope didn't hold back in the changing room.

But don't remotely say that unpopular idiot before him was better. He was fired and even Lansdown now admits it was a disastrous time.

Louis Carey said he was the best manager he had worked under and that was after he was sacked! On talksport around the time he got the most appearances. Just saying!!!

What are your guys opinions on SC RB interview... Scrapping the bloody barrel to say the least. Tired??? Desire and effort can always overcome tiredness? Let these ***** try attempting a 60 hour week.. Beggars belief that excuse

I thought he was spot on.

We were lethargic from the off, and he summed the game up perfectly.

I personally think, everyone should start giving him a break. 

He talks BRISTOL CITY with enthusiasm, 

Has has quietly gone about almost doubling our points total in just 12 games, and has made safety a far more realistic proposition than when Mr O'Driscoll was here.

Four defeats in 13, (Two of which were against top 2 sides) to me suggests he is slowly improving the situation, which, let's be fair, was dire, when he came aboard.

Not quite sure who else was available at the time of his appointment.

It's time for one and all to rally behind our manager. The appointment has to work. We have run out of options.

O'Driscoll - Failed, 

McInnes - Failed, 

Millen - Failed,

Coppell - Failed,

Tinnion - Failed.

With the exception of McInnes, none of the above spoke with any enthusiasm in the press, and were a hard listen.

So, let's get off Mr Cotterills back and give him our support and together, we can survive this season, and hopefully learn, and move on.

To accuse Mr Cotterill of talking nonsense is ridiculous - And yet to think some of you on this forum would've chosen Holloway beggars belief.

The shit sprouting Gas ****

in all fairness to the manager he did say pre-match that it was going to be a totally different game with tranmere like so many other teams coming here set up not to lose unlike orient who were going to attack. he also said we have to be patient in our build up play and have to try to break them down as there wouldnt be gaps to exploit.

sounds to me like a lot of that might have been spot on??

Tiredness is a bullcrap excuse to be fair.

Cotterill has changed the line up in every game since he's been here, and used the tiredness excuse for dropping people like Williams, Pack, JET, Reid at various times.  So today, for the first time, he plays the same line up, and now trots out the tiredness excuse for those that started.

For me, this again smacks of pure hypocrisy from the bloke.  If they were so tired why didn't you rest them, like you did when others were supposedly 'tired' in earlier games?

It's just a convenient excuse for the team (nay, certain players) not performing.

OK we get it, you don't like SC and your heart is broken because SOD has gone, you give grudging praise for a great away win and scathing criticism after a home draw, we get it, however please explain to me what has actually changed during the past 5 years, we are drawing and losing far too many games especially at home, we have had/have lightweight midfields, mistake prone defences, nervous keepers, uninspired performances and so it continues.

What has changed since SC arrived is that results have improved as has our position if only marginally and for the 2nd home game running we have missed out on a chance to improve our position even more and that is disappointing but as the title of another thread said 'let's move on', as SC also said it was a game earlier in the season we would have lost.

I find it very strange that all of sudden fans are calling for the coach to publicly criticise his players or leave himself wide open to criticism by changing a winning team, I get your point about Pack being dropped after Carlisle, I suspect the reason is more likely to be the fact that evidently we were lucky against Carlisle which means some individual performances were not as good as they should have been unlike Orient.

Oh ffs...are you aware of sport science? A tired athlete is so because they are exhausted and their body is at the limit....extra training, how will that help?

No I'm not an expert in sports science. I'm more the master of good old fashioned common sense as you asked me so nicely, not. If I walk up the big hill near my house once a week I find it a struggle. After a couple of weeks walking up once or twice a day it's much easier, I could walk that hill and another. Extra/different training for them as whatever they are doing now could be better.

I bow to your greater knowledge but stand by my view that our players don't look as fit as most other teams. I understand they maybe demoralised from our league position, the position they put us in. But there is no excuse for them being second to the ball so many times.

Edit; to be clear I'm not seeing the players give up like they did this time last season, they are still showing some fight but just don't seem to be able to play any length of time with tempo

I thought he was spot on.

We were lethargic from the off, and he summed the game up perfectly.

I personally think, everyone should start giving him a break.

He talks BRISTOL CITY with enthusiasm,

Has has quietly gone about almost doubling our points total in just 12 games, and has made safety a far more realistic proposition than when Mr O'Driscoll was here.

Four defeats in 13, (Two of which were against top 2 sides) to me suggests he is slowly improving the situation, which, let's be fair, was dire, when he came aboard.

Not quite sure who else was available at the time of his appointment.

It's time for one and all to rally behind our manager. The appointment has to work. We have run out of options.

O'Driscoll - Failed,

McInnes - Failed,

Millen - Failed,

Coppell - Failed,

Tinnion - Failed.

With the exception of McInnes, none of the above spoke with any enthusiasm in the press, and were a hard listen.

So, let's get off Mr Cotterills back and give him our support and together, we can survive this season, and hopefully learn, and move on.

To accuse Mr Cotterill of talking nonsense is ridiculous - And yet to think some of you on this forum would've chosen Holloway beggars belief.

The shit sprouting Gas ****

I talk with enthusiasm about City. I could also be enthusiastic to the press? Does that qualify me to be our manager then?

I get where you are coming from and I try to back every manager. But hearing SC come out with rubbish which amounts ti nothing after every game - and the impression that he gives that he doesn't have a clue - makes it a tough ask sometimes.

The OP asked for opinions and mine was an honest one. Still at least when we draw or lose we don't have to hear him blatantly claiming credit for every little thing!

Think we'll have to agree to disagree ArPaul. Oh and I never wanted Holloway. As to who was available, you don't know, I don't know and the Board don't know because they didn't invite or interview any other candidates.

I talk with enthusiasm about City. I could also be enthusiastic to the press? Does that qualify me to be our manager then?

I get where you are coming from and I try to back every manager. But hearing SC come out with rubbish which amounts ti nothing after every game - and the impression that he gives that he doesn't have a clue - makes it a tough ask sometimes.

The OP asked for opinions and mine was an honest one. Still at least when we draw or lose we don't have to hear him blatantly claiming credit for every little thing!

Think we'll have to agree to disagree ArPaul. Oh and I never wanted Holloway. As to who was available, you don't know, I don't know and the Board don't know because they didn't invite or interview any other candidates.

I think what ArPaul was saying SC is in very good company, everybody and especially the last bloke talked more than their fair share of bollox in post match interviews, it must be very tempting to take a personal swipe at certain individuals who you believe were not up to par on the day, when you are still angry at the end of the game, that is not his job, that's ours.

Also it's easier to admit mistakes when things are going well, because hopefully it's a blip, but when the performance/result is just another in a 5 year long line of mediocrity, the excuse rule book has been used cover to cover more than once.

Very well put response Pickled Onions.

They always say you can't press for 90 minutes. Don't know if this is right or not and I don't know  how the fitness of footballers compares with tennis players for example who sometimes press for 4 hours+  (yes I know they have rests Mr Pedantic).

Anyhow I saw those lads ran their boll*cks off for 30 minutes, bless 'em, at Orient and they got the result.

Can they do it every game. Can any football team do it every game

???????????????????????????

What we do know is that SC has found a way to make Sammy really effective. On the other side, nothing could have stopped that second Tranmere goal, I think we have to be pragmatic about a defence that will often be dodgy right to the end of the season

Always remember what Paul Merson said when he was managing Walsall and they beat us at AG.

He was really chuffed at his team because they had played exactly how he had instructed them and said something like "What you've got to remember is that players at this level cannot perform like that at every match"

Always remember what Paul Merson said when he was managing Walsall and they beat us at AG.

He was really chuffed at his team because they had played exactly how he had instructed them and said something like "What you've got to remember is that players at this level cannot perform like that at every match"

Jesus, Paul Mearson was a terrible manager for Wallsall and he still managed to beat us??

I think it was poor use of language by Cotterill. What he really meant is that the players lacked that sharpness of mind and zip in movement that was evident at Leyton Orient. He didn't actually mean that they were so physically exhausted they couldn't put one foot in front of the other. Anyone who has played football to a decent level will know exactly what he meant rather than the actual words that came out of his gob.

But when you don't like someone you use his words literally to create an argument that trys to show him in a stupid light. Common amongst a small minority of apparently "intelligent" football fans who think nothing of calling everyone else stupid.

Using a 50 hour working week argument to compare against the physical requirements needed by professional athletes to perform at their best consistently is as pathetic as it gets and I've done my share of those hours and a lot more. It's like comparing grapes with water melons!!

I think it was poor use of language by Cotterill. What he really meant is that the players lacked that sharpness of mind and zip in movement that was evident at Leyton Orient. He didn't actually mean that they were so physically exhausted they couldn't put one foot in front of the other. Anyone who has played football to a decent level will know exactly what he meant rather than the actual words that came out of his gob.

But when you don't like someone you use his words literally to create an argument that trys to show him in a stupid light. Common amongst a small minority of apparently "intelligent" football fans who think nothing of calling everyone else stupid.

Using a 50 hour working week argument to compare against the physical requirements needed by professional athletes to perform at their best consistently is as pathetic as it gets and I've done my share of those hours and a lot more. It's like comparing grapes with water melons!!

Thank goodness for this post!!!

OK we get it, you don't like SC and your heart is broken because SOD has gone, you give grudging praise for a great away win and scathing criticism after a home draw, we get it,

Es, I'm sorry that my opinion is different to yours, but my heart is not broken over Sod.  In actual fact, I didn't want Sod when he came in, I was fully behind McInnes right until the end.  I gradually came round to Sod as I could understand what the plan was.  I've been behind every manager to walk through the doors down here until this one.  I'm perfectly entitled to my view on Cotterill without being accused of having a love-in with any previous managers.

I find the timing and manner of his appointment to have been quite disgusting and I don't like the way 'some' of our board members/owners think the sun shines out of his backside.

I've heard the bloke speak, many times, and I mostly think he's full of it and rates himself way above his station.  I have also seen the way he deals with people and I find him to be rude and arrogant.

I've not once asked that he should be sacked though, I think even that would be yet another disaster for this club, and simply can't happen.  I will support the team in every match, and hope SC does the business and saves us from League 2, but it won't stop me being disappointed that he is in charge of my club.  I'm just happy in the knowledge that one day soon he won't be here, and hope he doesn't leave the club in tatters before he moves on.

Es, I'm sorry that my opinion is different to yours, but my heart is not broken over Sod. In actual fact, I didn't want Sod when he came in, I was fully behind McInnes right until the end. I gradually came round to Sod as I could understand what the plan was. I've been behind every manager to walk through the doors down here until this one. I'm perfectly entitled to my view on Cotterill without being accused of having a love-in with any previous managers.

I find the timing and manner of his appointment to have been quite disgusting and I don't like the way 'some' of our board members/owners think the sun shines out of his backside.

I've heard the bloke speak, many times, and I mostly think he's full of it and rates himself way above his station. I have also seen the way he deals with people and I find him to be rude and arrogant.

I've not once asked that he should be sacked though, I think even that would be yet another disaster for this club, and simply can't happen. I will support the team in every match, and hope SC does the business and saves us from League 2, but it won't stop me being disappointed that he is in charge of my club. I'm just happy in the knowledge that one day soon he won't be here, and hope he doesn't leave the club in tatters before he moves on.

It's sad, I try to convince myself that I can back the guy but I agreed with every word reading that.

Archived