IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

westred1

The 4 players you mention are top class Premier league players,not World class players.

There is a major difference.

After all, any International team with 4 World class players would win a major tournament,England haven't!

Messi,Ronaldo,Iniesta,Neymar,Suarez and Aguero are World class imo, because they can totally change a game with that extra bit of class.

Can see your point of view. I agree, none of the players I listed are in that bracket, but in my mind, world class would be if you were considered to be one of the best in the world in your position, which all of the players I listed are imo.

The 4 players you mention are top class Premier league players,not World class players.

There is a major difference.

After all, any International team with 4 World class players would win a major tournament,England haven't!

Messi,Ronaldo,Iniesta,Neymar,Suarez and Aguero are World class imo, because they can totally change a game with that extra bit of class.

Rooney when fit and in shape is a class act. He's been one of the top players in Europe for the past decade.

In the market in Florence last year, the only English replica shirt on sale was ROONEY 10. He's gone beyond being a footballer, he's an international celebrity. Man Ure can't afford to lose him, not for his ability, but for his name.

Does make you wonder. Hasn't the charisma of Beckham (has very little charisma at all).

People may not have agreed with "Brand Beckham". But you could see why It worked.

But Rooney attracting this sort of money just to sell shirts, really ??

Plus, as said he is not a world class player. Especially when he puts on an England shirt.

And let's not forget his utter contempt he showed the England fans in South Africa.

Fans that have scrimped and saved to get there, and subjected to his disrespect !

Does make you wonder. Hasn't the charisma of Beckham (has very little charisma at all).

People may not have agreed with "Brand Beckham". But you could see why It worked.

Plus, as said he is not a world class player. Especially when he puts on an England shirt.

And let's not forget his utter contempt he showed the England fans in South Africa.

Fans that have scrimped and saved to get there, and subjected to his disrespect !

If you Call someone a**** then you can expect to be told to **** off!!

Uruguay have some top strikers but the rest aren't any better than us. We will beat them.

Whereas we have? Our team struggled through the group. Struggled against Poland!! Who have Lewandowski and that's it!

Yet people think we have a better squad than Uruguay who have the Best striker in the world at the moment and bloody good striker to partner him. The rest of the team are average just like the England team

I can't see how we are going to get through the group if we struggle against Ukraine, Poland and Sweden

And this is where the usual pre-tournament England put-downs come out. I'm sorry but I completely disagree, man-for-man we are well ahead of Uruguay ffs. It's not long ago that Uruguay went with only 2 wins in 13 games. I'd be shocked if England have ever had that statistic in their history. Contrast that also with us under Woy, and no matter how much people like to put England down, fact is, we have beaten many teams that people consider to be above us; Italy, Belgium, Brazil, Spain, and avoided defeat against France and Brazil again.

We are not up there with the best (Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina), but we're right in the mix behind them, and we're lucky in that many other nations are quite poor too. France and Netherlands are nothing special now, Belgium have great prospects but are not a team yet, Portugal are crap without Cristiano. Man-for-man there is very little difference between us and the other nations in that 2nd bracket.

I don't think anyone puts England down,people are just saying it how it is and being realists rather than letting there heart rule there head.

We have reached one semi final in major competitions outside of this country in nearly 70 years of trying. ( read that again!)

It's a terrible record, I can't think of one reason why this will change in Brazil.

Anyone can hype up England,but the realist will know we aren't good enough to threaten in this World Cup,I hope I'm proved wrong.

As an aside,arguably the two best teams in England played each other at the weekend,

Man City v Chelsea.

The two teams had three English players between them,Lescott,Milner and Cahill.

Not very good is it.

Uruguay last played in November against Jordan and drew 0-0. They're definitely beatable.

Their side that day was:

GK: Martin Silva - Vasco da Gama (4 caps)

RB: Maximiliano Pereira - Benfica (87 caps)

CB: Diego Lugano © - West Brom (91 caps)

CB: Diego Godin - Atletico Madrid (75 caps)

LB: Martin Caceres - Juventus (55 caps)

CM/LM: Cristian Rodriguez - Atletico Madrid (70 caps)

CM/CAM: Nicolas Lodeiro - Botafogo (24 caps)

CM/DM: Egidio Arevalo - Morelia (52 caps)

ST: Edinson Cavani - PSG (60 caps)

ST: Luis Suarez - Liverpool (71 caps)

ST: Cristian Stuani - Espanyol (7 caps)

Add Walter Gargano (Roma - 60 caps), Alvaro Gonzalez (Lazio - 41 caps), Gaston Ramirez (Southampton - 26 caps) and Diego Forlan (Cereno Osaka - 107 caps) - plus a few others that I've left out - that's a side full of international experience.

However, head to head with England's starting line up it's probably quite even with England possibly shading the midfield and defensive quality.

It's going to be a close game, for sure.

Uruguay last played in November against Jordan and drew 0-0. They're definitely beatable.

Their side that day was:

GK: Martin Silva - Vasco da Gama (4 caps)

RB: Maximiliano Pereira - Benfica (87 caps)

CB: Diego Lugano © - West Brom (91 caps)

CB: Diego Godin - Atletico Madrid (75 caps)

LB: Martin Caceres - Juventus (55 caps)

CM/LM: Cristian Rodriguez - Atletico Madrid (70 caps)

CM/CAM: Nicolas Lodeiro - Botafogo (24 caps)

CM/DM: Egidio Arevalo - Morelia (52 caps)

ST: Edinson Cavani - PSG (60 caps)

ST: Luis Suarez - Liverpool (71 caps)

ST: Cristian Stuani - Espanyol (7 caps)

Add Walter Gargano (Roma - 60 caps), Alvaro Gonzalez (Lazio - 41 caps), Gaston Ramirez (Southampton - 26 caps) and Diego Forlan (Cereno Osaka - 107 caps) - plus a few others that I've left out - that's a side full of international experience.

However, head to head with England's starting line up it's probably quite even with England possibly shading the midfield and defensive quality.

It's going to be a close game, for sure.

Regarding the 0-0 score line,Uruguay had won the first leg ( it was a WC play off) 5-0 in Jordan.

Just to put the 0-0 in perspective.

Yet, I think this could come as an advantage IF the media don't make a big song and dance about the prospect of winning it.

Sturridge is on fire this season and Rooney has assisted a fair few; if they can form a partnership then we could dislodge Italy from second place.

At the moment, Raheem Sterling has to start too. But just hope his development doesn't lead the way of Rooney's in a sense of becoming a glorified celebrity due to decent performances at a young age.

Dislodge Italy? Italy will win the group followed by us in second, Uruguay aren't anything special aside from Suarez

Since when did Beckham have charisma?

Archived