IGNORED

Man City V Barcelona: Live Champions League Football On Itv 7.45

Mr Mosquito

That is harsh on City that had 0-0 written all over it until that one mistake. Thought they defend very well. Wasn't impressed with Barca don't see them being in the mix to win it this year. Tonight proved how much they miss Auguero.

I had to turn it off straight after the game finished. I simply cannot believe ITV commentators first statement at the whistle was "they were in it until a dubious penalty and red card were awarded against them".

**** me. Anything other than Sky is really not worth listening to.

BT Sport seems pretty good to me and often a good bit of swearing post match thrown in for good measure. :thumbsup:

As for Manchester Citeh, they lacked the Champions League nous that Barcelona have. I still fancy Citeh to produce a win on the away leg - especially if they get Sergio Aguero back from injury. Aguero v Messi - Aguero shades it for pure attacking prowess.

Up until the sending off they never looked like scoring.

I think 5-10 mins before the pen (which was harsh but a difficult one for the ref) Barca were just starting to look threatening, then that killer through ball 'created' the goal scoring opportunity. Great away performance by them, kept the ball and limited Citeh to a few openings and considering Citehs home form this season. That's quality.

Barcelona were superb, but one thing that stood out in that game for me was there was only ONE Englishman on the pitch in that game and he was stood between the posts, until of course the legendary Lescott came on for a while.

I watched the 'big' clash of the English sides last week Man City v Chelsea where I think there were three or four English players in OUR big game (Lescott, Cahill, Milner struggling now). No wonder the national side are second rate thesedays.

Man City's best players against the Spaniards last night were Silva, Negredo and maybe Navas.................. all Spanish!

Sad really!

Barcelona are riding of the crest of the wave that came with winning the UCL 2 years running.

I thought Man City didn't look too bad and looked stronger in the first half - Messi did nothing in the first half, he was completely annonymous.

Both look like world class teams and one slip-up is going to be capitalised on, unfortunately for City, Barcelona's experience taught them how to avoid said slip up and the sending off really hurt City.

Penalty or no penalty, Di Machelis should have let Messi through and tried to cover the goal.

Second goal was a very well taken goal and came as a result of City not having enough men to sit as close as they'd like to the Barca players

Archived