IGNORED

Crawley Off Again

BS4 on Tour...

TBF to Crawley, even more rain has fallen on West Sussex than it has in the West Country. The figure I've read for there is 250% of the normal winter rainfall level and at that saturation you won't need to be near a river, groundwater will flood you. Aquifers will soak sports pitches regardless on whether covers are on.

It is a situation unique in 250 years,

If they have to play 3 times a week for the rest if the season, fine by me. They'll go down.

Think we are clutching at straws here. All for points instead of games in hand, but not at an exchange rate of 7 games to one point! They will be knackered by the end, but should be fresher than most for a while, and a lot of their games left are home ones. I look at more interest at Sheff Utd who whilst they do have games in hand are stil playing tough games in the cup.

Think we are clutching at straws here. All for points instead of games in hand, but not at an exchange rate of 7 games to one point! They will be knackered by the end, but should be fresher than most for a while, and a lot of their games left are home ones. I look at more interest at Sheff Utd who whilst they do have games in hand are stil playing tough games in the cup.

Just looked at the home and away league table. Of their 25 league games played so far 13 have been at home and only 12 away.

It would.

Think in the circumstances this would be very unlikely, but if it did happen, think I am right in saying all their results are also scratched, which would cost us three points.

The unable to fulfill your fixtures one is usually if they go bust or whatever and in essense seize to exist. They may well be forced to play elsewhere, but will find some way of muddling through. Hopefully by the last game they are safely up or down, and completely knackered.

Other results ok tonight.

Just looked at the home and away league table. Of the 25 league games so far 13 have been at home and only 12 away.

Interesting - had just assumed most of their cancelled ones were at home. It must be a bit scary to be looking at March fast approaching and still have pretty much half your league season still to go!

Absolute shambles. What makes me even more angry is that they are complaining they do not have the squad to play 3 games a week, this just 3 weeks after the club shut down the youth academy (not because of finances but because of a lack of academy garduates progressing into the first team). Makes my blood boil, hope they are relegated more than any other club.

Absolute shambles. What makes me even more angry is that they are complaining they do not have the squad to play 3 games a week, this just 3 weeks after the club shut down the youth academy (not because of finances but because of a lack of academy garduates progressing into the first team). Makes my blood boil, hope they are relegated more than any other club.

Yeah I saw that - Crawley let go of 16 youngsters. Might want to get on the blower and get em back!!

If they've spent all there money on there squad instead of there pitch,then that's not fair on other teams who make sure they have a suitable playing surface.

Think league should say or bring in rules about playing surfaces.

Guess playing rovers in that abandoned match didn't help for that totally wrecked the pitch that evening.

So, they've barely played on it for weeks and now they expect to play on it on a frequent basis to catch up?

No chance.

That's my thinking too; not only will it need to get up to playing condition, but maintain that with game after game after game on it.

Never happening, especially if the weather doesn't lift completely in the next month (which it likely won't).

Think the league must (surely) be thinking about what to do, as they'll face a scheduling crisis very soon unless something is done.

Archived