IGNORED

Crawley Off Again

BS4 on Tour...

Lee Miller assists for both goals. Grr!

Still, at least the team below us playing a game in hand is losing, and by a team we beat same time last week.

For me, that counts for more right now, as I'd not mind if we couldn't climb the league much more, but certainly don't want to be dropping places between games.

Still, at least the team below us playing a game in hand is losing, and by a team we beat same time last week.

For me, that counts for more right now, as I'd not mind if we couldn't climb the league much more, but certainly don't want to be dropping places between games.

Stevenage have to win all three games in hand to go above us which says it all really. We are in with a good shout of staying up providing we can keep our current ratio of points up. COYR's 

Stevenage have to win all three games in hand to go above us which says it all really. We are in with a good shout of staying up providing we can keep our current ratio of points up. COYR's 

Yeah, that is why tonight was so important, as though they COULD still get above us, it is a steep ask.

Tomorrow night's match between Gillingham and Sheff U is a big one; United cannot go above us unless they win by 6 or more, but having them three points behind when we head there at the weekend would useful, as we could draw and maintain a nice gap.

Because if we don't have the games in hand, we want those who do to have to play every game like a cup final, just to catch us.

That's my thinking too; not only will it need to get up to playing condition, but maintain that with game after game after game on it.

Never happening, especially if the weather doesn't lift completely in the next month (which it likely won't).

Think the league must (surely) be thinking about what to do, as they'll face a scheduling crisis very soon unless something is done.

Crawley have 2 away fixtures next so have a chance to do some work on the pitch but then have 5 home games scheduled in March including 2 back-to-back Sat-Tue home games

Crawley have 2 away fixtures next so have a chance to do some work on the pitch but then have 5 home games scheduled in March including 2 back-to-back Sat-Tue home games

True, but then they've technically had since 8 Jan when they played Rovers to get it up to scratch, and still failed.

Obviously, the weather has been bad, but there is on guarantee it'll be better during the period they are playing on it every second day.

Don't see them completing their fixtures, at least on their own pitch.

Does anyone on here remember years ago when the Gas were out at Trumpton - think it was their first season there - the big fat donkey from HTV West news went and did a piece stood in the centre circle - with gloopy mud literally up to the top of his wellies?

Think the Gaseous few had to play about 4 games in a week at the end of the season to be finished in time.  

Naturally, we were hugely sympathetic (no, we weren't really, actually we just laughed so much we dislocated our jaws)

Ours, rather have points than games in hand and Crawley should have some bad fixture congestion toward the end of the season.

We're level on points

I expect them win some of their games. But us to pick up points on them when they lose. It could go down to the wire!!

Now that would be horrible. Having to beat them on the final day to stay up

We're level on points

I expect them win some of their games. But us to pick up points on them when they lose. It could go down to the wire!!

whoops, my mistake!

Playing Crawley on the final day would be horrible but also very exciting!

We're level on points

They have one point less than us and 7 games in hand. We have the same goal difference as theirs. Personally expect them to pick up a few points and finish above us, along with Sheffield United. If we assume that we are likely to finish above Stevenage, Shrewsbury and Notts County then our competition for the final relegation place is Crewe, Tranny and whoever else drops into the race - Carlisle and Oldham look possibles to me.

They have one point less than us and 7 games in hand. We have the same goal difference as theirs. Personally expect them to pick up a few points and finish above us, along with Sheffield United. If we assume that we are likely to finish above Stevenage, Shrewsbury and Notts County then our competition for the final relegation place is Crewe, Tranny and whoever else drops into the race - Carlisle and Oldham look possibles to me.

Gillingham could also get sucked in - I appreciate they are 6 points ahead but they're not on the best run and are one of the few teams to not have games in hand on us!

Archived