IGNORED

Bristol Village

Aizoon

Two football teams that aren't quite going to be relegated.

A crocodile that just lies there and then disappears.

An earthquake that rattles a few teacups.

What next? A plague of frog? A mild cold for all the firstborn? The New Cut turning into mud? A slight overcast covering all the lands of the CUBA?

Two football teams that aren't quite going to be relegated.

A crocodile that just lies there and then disappears.

An earthquake that rattles a few teacups.

What next? A plague of frog? A mild cold for all the firstborn? The New Cut turning into mud? A slight overcast covering all the lands of the CUBA?

Nothing here except a solar flare or two

We could close down our ice arena and lose all our future olympian curlers to Cardiff?

Yes, that's a good ideal. We could do with more student rabbit hutches.

Thought. Why not a Bristol ice rink at AV under the aegis of Bristol Sport? That would make the NIMBYs happy given all the skating they did there in between emptying their dogs.

Certainly not. Dinsdale Piranha suffered from delusions - Uncle Norman is only about seven feet high - if you're quick you can see him on College Green.

Don't knock it - I've always found delusions a comfort in all my years watching City.

While we're here, why is Horace called Horace? I've always meant to ask. There aren't many that I can think of: Rumpole, Bachelor, the Poet (Carpe Diem and all that) and Ontlebars are about all I can think of.

Don't knock it - I've always found delusions a comfort in all my years watching City.

While we're here, why is Horace called Horace? I've always meant to ask. There aren't many that I can think of: Rumpole, Bachelor, the Poet (Carpe Diem and all that) and Ontlebars are about all I can think of.

I'm glad you asked that. He's named after Horatio Nelson Hedgehog who saved Britain from the French and Spanish at the Battle of Trafalgar and Publius Horatius Erinaceus who saved Ancient Rome by holding the bridge against Lars Porsena and the Etruscans.

He reckons he gets his literary talent from, as you've guessed, Quintus Horatius Spinosus, the Latin poet.

Aiz.......Horace's name means Timekeeper.....can you get him to take a look at the noisy clock in the Williams near the EE, drives me mad some games, plus while he's down there the LED display over the EE needs speeding up some games ( around 82mins) :gaah: :gaah:

Is the Williams the only football stand in the country, nay, the World, where fans would notice a noisy clock?

PS Didn't know that about "timekeeper", but it makes sense. Maybe we should know him as Horace the horologist?.

Arrrgh! You're kidding me!

Maybe we could hope for the next Bristol Channel earthquake to happen nearer to Bristol and create room for us to install decent public transport!!

But saying that, last time the Germans tried helping us out, look how we re-built Bristol..........*sigh*

The existing and disused rail routes were still there until very recently; they're gradually being built on or taken over by cyclists :(

The existing and disused rail routes were still there until very recently; they're gradually being built on or taken over by cyclists :(

The council should be looking to use the Bristol-Bath railway path as a shared venture between a metro rail and cycle path with the rights to compulsory buy any properties in the way.

Also, is there any chance of the new cut being drained, blocked up and then used for a metro/underground line?

This council needs to think BIG if it wants to solve the public transport problems of Bristol, even if it means they need to start buying up land and property over a number of years or decades to get the proper routes it needs.

The council should be looking to use the Bristol-Bath railway path as a shared venture between a metro rail and cycle path with the rights to compulsory buy any properties in the way.

Also, is there any chance of the new cut being drained, blocked up and then used for a metro/underground line?

This council needs to think BIG if it wants to solve the public transport problems of Bristol, even if it means they need to start buying up land and property over a number of years or decades to get the proper routes it needs.

There already is a rail line along the New Cut that connects with the Portishead line arcAshton Gate. The Council is ripping it up for a bendy bus route :facepalm:

There already is a rail line along the New Cut that connects with the Portishead line arcAshton Gate. The Council is ripping it up for a bendy bus route :facepalm:

Yup - bendy busses all the rage in the 1990's until cities realised they were crap, and sold them - Bristol being a decade or two behind the curve catch onto this "new craze to ease traffic congestion" and go buy bendy busses - wonder if they paid full whack or took advantage of the hundreds of 2nd hand ones others have given up on.

Yup - bendy busses all the rage in the 1990's until cities realised they were crap, and sold them - Bristol being a decade or two behind the curve catch onto this "new craze to ease traffic congestion" and go buy bendy busses - wonder if they paid full whack or took advantage of the hundreds of 2nd hand ones others have given up on.

Boris Johnson was delighted to flog his bendybuses off to Red Trousers. He is a clever bugger who acts like a clown; Red Trousers is a clown who acts like a clown.

Archived