IGNORED

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

SimplyRed

Relegation looms, wide and black... 

The club is an absolute shambles and, considering we have one of the wealthiest owners outside of the Premier League, it is shameful.

The club is spending millions on ground re-development while sliding into obscurity in the basement and, possibly, beyond.

Lansdown and his cronies on the Board need to hold their hands up and admit they've made a complete hash of appointing a manager who is capable of taking the team by the scruff of the neck and leading them into some consistency of performance.

Like it or not, Cotterill was a cheap option, as was O'Driscoll and McInnes and Lansdown, and the board, are glaringly guilty of that. Instead of spending millions redeveloping the stadium, Lansdown should have spent millions bringing in someone who knows what they are doing and can lead the team, instead of appointing the cheap option every time.

Disgusted.

The club is an absolute shambles and, considering we have one of the wealthiest owners outside of the Premier League, it is shameful.

The club is spending millions on ground re-development while sliding into obscurity in the basement and, possibly, beyond.

Lansdown and his cronies on the Board need to hold their hands up and admit they've made a complete hash of appointing a manager who is capable of taking the team by the scruff of the neck and leading them into some consistency of performance.

Like it or not, Cotterill was a cheap option, as was O'Driscoll and McInnes and Lansdown, and the board, are glaringly guilty of that. Instead of spending millions redeveloping the stadium, Lansdown should have spent millions bringing in someone who knows what they are doing and can lead the team, instead of appointing the cheap option every time.

Disgusted.

The ground redevelopment is an absolute joke. Yay, let's have a 40,000-capacity stadium with 4,000 fans in it. Berks

40k?? The ground needs redeveloping,yes, were shite now, but whose to say in 5 years time ( with a newish ground) we won't be doing well.

Football can turn round very quickly.

Might turn around quickly for other clubs but apart from getting worse fast BCFC takes years to improve for the better, relegation to the bottom rung will be an utter disgrace given the money spent and the resources available..

Todays result shows the difference between 2 clubs one with a history , tradition and pride the other drifting from one crisis to another grabbing at straws no direction from top to bottom and a manager with no tactical skills ..  

I'm not sure Cotterill was even a wrong answer in hindsight.  I'm not convinced to was a cheap option (and I'm sure SOD wasn't - he was in demand from other clubs and that would have enabled him to raise his demands) but I do think Cotterill was a panic option that we're paying the price for now.

Cotterill was the outstanding candidate interviewed in a field of one .

and as he himself says he is a "winner". :blink:

Disgusted.

Agree except the last sentence....He was not the cheap option he was the only option....The board have said so....Christ please go and get Warnock for the last 13 games!

should never have left - the club should have backed the manager and told the players to get on board or **** off if they didn't want to play

Exactly this - said it for years.

There are a lot of fickle fans who can take some responsibility for where we are.

Agree except the last sentence....He was not the cheap option he was the only option....The board have said so....Christ please go and get Warnock for the last 13 games!

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then - if the board have publicly stated he was the ONLY option then they were either:

1. Lying

2. Were limited by funds Lansdown made available

3. Incompetent

Personally, I suspect option 3.

For me, the ONLY way out of this mess is to appoint a board of directors who actually KNOW what they are doing - and the only way that will happen is with a change of ownership.

Pie in the sky? Maybe, but the club is dying on its feet and something DRASTIC is required before the club falls out of the football league - for me, it's THAT serious..

Disgusted.

Here here, sooner the leave the better

It will be 27,000 capacity. Where on earth did you get 40,000 from??

Personally im glad its happening. The only ray of light in this doom and gloom.

Yeah because the new stadium will be loved when it looks all shiny and empty...

Honestly I like a good stadium as much as the next but why do we need to redevelop any more? When the plans first surfaced we were in the Championship looking to push for the Premiership, now we're in League One looking very likely to be in League Two next season.

I honestly can't get behind this club as it is any more. I know people will say "oh well, you won't be missed" but being as the club is going down the s***er and the next generation of fans will have two options in the same league to choose from to support I have a feeling the future could see much smaller numbers.

Archived