IGNORED

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

SimplyRed

Relegation looms, wide and black...

The club is an absolute shambles and, considering we have one of the wealthiest owners outside of the Premier League, it is shameful.

The club is spending millions on ground re-development while sliding into obscurity in the basement and, possibly, beyond.

Lansdown and his cronies on the Board need to hold their hands up and admit they've made a complete hash of appointing a manager who is capable of taking the team by the scruff of the neck and leading them into some consistency of performance.

Like it or not, Cotterill was a cheap option, as was O'Driscoll and McInnes and Lansdown, and the board, are glaringly guilty of that. Instead of spending millions redeveloping the stadium, Lansdown should have spent millions bringing in someone who knows what they are doing and can lead the team, instead of appointing the cheap option every time.

Disgusted.

Landsdown is redeveloping the stadium for Bristol Rugby.

Just one word - Darlington.

Darlington? You are seriously comparing us to Darlington? They built a brand new 25000 seater stadium on the back of laundered money from a crooked chairman who then left them in the shit. They had a tiny catchment area with crowds no bigger than 3000. This is an upgrade or our current stadium to a capacity that is very reasonable given the size of our crowds when we are doing well.

Yeah because the new stadium will be loved when it looks all shiny and empty...

Honestly I like a good stadium as much as the next but why do we need to redevelop any more? When the plans first surfaced we were in the Championship looking to push for the Premier League, now we're in League One looking very likely to be in League Two next season.

I honestly can't get behind this club as it is any more. I know people will say "oh well, you won't be missed" but being as the club is going down the s***er and the next generation of fans will have two options in the same league to choose from to support I have a feeling the future could see much smaller numbers.

Because better infrastructure = more revenue. More revenue = higher playing budget and in a better condition to cope with fair play regulations.

It's true

A load of ***** hounded out the best manager we had for years.

They can go **** themselves as they got what they deserve, I take it you were one of them

I think that your attitude is moronic and one dimensional.

Darlington? You are seriously comparing us to Darlington? They built a brand new 25000 seater stadium on the back of laundered money from a crooked chairman who then left them in the shit. They had a tiny catchment area with crowds no bigger than 3000. This is an upgrade or our current stadium to a capacity that is very reasonable given the size of our crowds when we are doing well.

Because better infrastructure = more revenue. More revenue = higher playing budget and in a better condition to cope with fair play regulations.

I think that your attitude is moronic and one dimensional.

I couldn't give a **** what you think. I'm fed up with fickle City fans who don't have a clue about anything

and what makes you Mr Knowledge?

Are city fans not fickle?

It's not rocket science that someone one day has to be given time to be successful,

weather it was GJ to rebuild, Mcinnes and SOD were not given enough time and now SC will no doubt be given the boot if we go down.

His son has a lot of give at Oldham. They reckon next season is another transitional and that he is doing great things on a shoestring. My source. Someone who used to work for their commercial department and lives and breathes Oldham.

I agree Ralph, Lee does have a hec of a job to do at Oldham but importantly he is being given the time and freedom to do it.

Sod wanted the time, and very much needed it, but was never given the freedom, nor, importantly, the backing of the owner.

If we go down, I'd be all for giving LJ the job and letting him rip everything up and build it from scratch in the best way he sees fit, with no pressures or demands to get immediate results.

I dont think he would drop down. I think the plan is another season of transition and then a promotion push. He seems happy from what Ive seen. Oldham fans seem to rate Wilson too.  Shall see. Hope it doesnt end up like Lee Clark at Huddersfield :/

Ooh, I reckon he'll come if asked nicely, and if given the freedom required.

Ooh, I reckon he'll come if asked nicely, and if given the freedom required.

Would you honestly trust our board to give them the freedom and time to sort things out?

If I was LJ I would say thanks but no thanks at this current time.

I don't trust the people running this club one bit to get things right.

Would you honestly trust our board to give them the freedom and time to sort things out?

If I was LJ I would say thanks but no thanks at this current time.

I don't trust the people running this club one bit to get things right.

And why would he come back to a club where a sizeable chunk of the fans constantly abused him anyway? The dignity and professionalism with which he handled the crap always impressed me, and let's face it dignity and professionalism have not been a conspicuous at AG in recent years. But why would he risk all that abuse happening again when things are going well for him now?

And why would he come back to a club where a sizeable chunk of the fans constantly abused him anyway? The dignity and professionalism with which he handled the crap always impressed me, and let's face it dignity and professionalism have not been a conspicuous at AG in recent years. But why would he risk all that abuse happening again when things are going well for him now?

Because he said he would like to given the chance! Sado masochistic maybe. Not sure he would want to right now though.

I agree Ralph, Lee does have a hec of a job to do at Oldham but importantly he is being given the time and freedom to do it.

Sod wanted the time, and very much needied it, but was never given the freedom, nor, importantly, the backing of the owner.

If we go down, I'd be all for giving LJ the job and letting him rip everything up and build it from scratch in the best way he sees fit, with no pressures or demands to get immediate results.

But why would he even think of leaving a club where he is given the time and the support to do a proper job, to a club with a track record of doing just the opposite. No brainier really.

He did, but could he really have said "Not after the way I was treated by the fans"?

Quite easily. I was surprised he showed interest after some of the stick he took. Clearly he must have liked it here, even with the pockets of abuse.

He could easily of said. 'I am happy at Oldham at the moment' but went out of his way to give glowing praise and interest in the job in the future

Quite easily. I was surprised he showed interest after some of the stick he took. Clearly he must have liked it here, even with the pockets of abuse.

He could easily of said. 'I am happy at Oldham at the moment' but went out of his way to give glowing praise and interest in the job in the future

We shall see, though we appear to be stuck with the incumbent for a long time, by which point Lee may have moved onwards and upwards.

We shall see, though we appear to be stuck with the incumbent for a long time, by which point Lee may have moved onwards and upwards.

To be honest I think the list of decent managers wanting to come here will get shorter as shorter as the working conditions under the owner and his yes men get leaked out from the management fraternity that head through our revolving door.

I think out path is at a 45 degree angle and has a lot of ice on it.

Archived