IGNORED

J J O'toole

Major Isewater

Rovers were a terrible team, and O'toole was awful. Their first half especially..it was like watching the downs league, made US look good ffs, that's how bad they are.

O'Toole looked pretty decent that game, and we only just shaded the game aided by two class goals.

• Admin

Another hugely depressing OTIB thread, in a way some of you deserve 4th division football, a disgrace to think you might class yourselves as City supporters, get a grip or ship out, you lot are very much part of the problem. 

Excatly my thoughts on the situation!!

I don't know what has happened to John ward. He has declined to a Peter Reid/ Bryan Robson kind of manager, not in terms of their aggression, but in terms of the value he places on the physical side of the game, rather than skill and tactics,

Maybe, more to do with getting the best out of the players available, and adapting to that level of football

As for the JPT match I didn't notice him at all, the only players they had that impressed me were the goalkeeper Mildenhall and the winger on the Dolman side in the 2nd half, 1st half was men against boys.

Agree with you, they were never really in the game, we had a few uneasy moments from corners / free kicks, but that was more to our frailties than their qualities

Slightly harsh. For a while at 1-1 they looked like winning the game.

Certainly not how I remember the game, can't recall Rovers having any spells or posession or putting us on the back foot for long periods of the game

I also heard from a Rovers fan that he was arrested the other week, but this story involved him being outside the Hippodrome.

Ahh the joys of Chinese whisper on social media, no doubt the story evolved from the same person?

No big deal, hardly the first person to get into a scrap on a Saturday night

I've seen him play few times this season and I honestly wouldn't mind him in our side.

I'd love to manage a player like that - big, scary, gets about, eye for goal and technically sound.

This takes us full circle back to the first quote and reply.

Didn't realise an average player in a side in the lower reaches of the basement would generate so much excitement amongst City fans!

Agree with you, they were never really in the game, we had a few uneasy moments from corners / free kicks, but that was more to our frailties than their qualities

Certainly not how I remember the game, can't recall Rovers having any spells or posession or putting us on the back foot for long periods of the game

Didn't realise an average player in a side in the lower reaches of the basement would generate so much excitement amongst City fans!

The first half of that game we made you look like a really, really good team but the second half we were probably the better team. Two very different halfs and a draw would have been fair, but you had two very good goals.

On JJOT it's clear he doesn't want to be here so as long as he keeps scoring and we get a decent fee for him in the summer I wouldn't be too disappointed. More worried of losing our full backs.

Another hugely depressing OTIB thread, in a way some of you deserve 4th division football, a disgrace to think you might class yourselves as City supporters, get a grip or ship out, you lot are very much part of the problem.

Don't see what's depressing Ten ,discussing the merits of a rival player and an ex-city manager ,who got us promoted and was/is well liked down here.

The only depressing thing is the reality that our club is in disarray and risk dropping into the same division as the blue few.

You tell me to do one and it could be "pints" at dawn if you're not careful ! ;0)

The first half of that game we made you look like a really, really good team but the second half we were probably the better team. Two very different halfs and a draw would have been fair, but you had two very good goals.

On JJOT it's clear he doesn't want to be here so as long as he keeps scoring and we get a decent fee for him in the summer I wouldn't be too disappointed. More worried of losing our full backs.

Behave. 2nd half you put up a lot more of a fight, but we still edged it. You are the first gas head I have heard say a draw would of been fair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26275785

Christ, watching that I'm amazed the lad can get himself out of bed in the morning; makes SO'D sound like Mr Motivator!

If I was a Rovers fan I'd be pretty miffed; guy clearly doesn't give a pirate's raw behind about them.

People slag JET for apparently not caring about City; well, at least he's not effectively come out and said we were his last resort like this lad has for Rovers.

Not sure I'd want someone like that in our dressing room...

A 6 minute long 'come and get me' plea. A bit ungrateful considering no one else was obviously going to give him a chance in the summer.

I laughed so much that I sprayed coffee out of my nose when he said "few bad decisions, few injuries and I've ended up here, but what can you do?".

• Admin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26275785

Christ, watching that I'm amazed the lad can get himself out of bed in the morning; makes SO'D sound like Mr Motivator!

If I was a Rovers fan I'd be pretty miffed; guy clearly doesn't give a pirate's raw behind about them.

People slag JET for apparently not caring about City; well, at least he's not effectively come out and said we were his last resort like this lad has for Rovers.

Not sure I'd want someone like that in our dressing room...

A 6 minute long 'come and get me' plea. A bit ungrateful considering no one else was obviously going to give him a chance in the summer.

I laughed so much that I sprayed coffee out of my nose when he said "few bad decisions, few injuries and I've ended up here, but what can you do?".

That's possibly the worst interview I've ever seen..

I know you're hardly going to be jumping for joy playing for that lot, but Christ..

That is TV gold, clearly doesn't want to be a part of Rovers for any longer than needs be! :rofl2br:

He looks like he is under the influence of something the way he can't focus on anything during the interview

He looks an absolute mess ! Surely someone should have had a word and told him to put on a club suit / tracksuit

All he was missing was a banner with a link to his CV etc.

That is TV gold, clearly doesn't want to be a part of Rovers for any longer than needs be! :rofl2br:

He looks like he is under the influence of something the way he can't focus on anything during the interview

He looks an absolute mess ! Surely someone should have had a word and told him to put on a club suit / tracksuit

All he was missing was a banner with a link to his CV etc.

True, but if I was a potential employer looking at that, I'd not want him near my dressing room, that's for sure.

A lot of wishful naivety going on here. JJOT is undoubtedly saying what a lot of our players think themselves.

Nobody has said otherwise. Next time a Gashead try's to tell me that all their players fall in love with the club the minute they sign because they're so loyal and unique compared to us I'll point them in the direction of that interview.

If I was a rovers fans watching that video I would be well hacked off. He's an average league 1 player who clearly thinks hes better than he is, poor diddums having to play league 2 football and getting a decent wage while hes at it. His attitude is clearly one of the main reasons he is playing at that level, what an arse.

We have a new manager at the reigns, and although we are not pulling up trees I think the bloke deserves a lot better support, looking over towards the Blue side is only going to make things a whole lot worse, I had a great deal of time for John W one of the true gents in the game, but he is managing that lot and therefore along with the Tool good luck, but what annoys me is some on here have already conceded defeat and to add the Gas are going to do the double over us next season.

WHAT???

Like I say some deserve to watch 4th division football, perhaps then they will be fully welled up inside in thinking that we really are that bad. Like I say shut up or ship out.

I have no truck with you Always, and would no doubt enjoy a pint or three with you.

Thanks Ten,i am amusing for the first pint or two ,then i become wittier and more intelligent than Oscar Wilde 's and Stephen Fry's lovechild. At least in my own mind !

Nobody has said otherwise. Next time a Gashead try's to tell me that all their players fall in love with the club the minute they sign because they're so loyal and unique compared to us I'll point them in the direction of that interview.

I'm under no illusions, and I'll take honesty over a badge kisser any day of the week.

JJ always sounds like that in his interviews, I think that he must have been taramacing somebody's drive on the day of the media skills training lecture.

Archived