IGNORED

J J O'toole

Major Isewater

They were lucky to get him in the first place, punched well above their weight

It was Ward's influence.

To be honest i would have been happy to have Ward back when SOD was ambushed.

He is a straight forward guy and his interviews are good listening .

I better shut up now before someone accuses me of being a Gas sympathiser .

It was Ward's influence.

Ward will step down at the end of the season and the assistant (forgot his name) will be taking over.

He's having a fairly good season in league 2. I dont understand the point Pack had 3 good seasons in league 2 and he's been ok for us. O'Toole has steadily got worse since he broke onto the seen at Watford. He looked bang average when we played them earlier in the season and we're a bad league 1 team. So struggle to see how he'll get a big move in the summer. Maybe back to Colchester or S****horpe if they get promoted.

He's having a fairly good season in league 2. I dont understand the point Pack had 3 good seasons in league 2 and he's been ok for us. O'Toole has steadily got worse since he broke onto the seen at Watford. He looked bang average when we played them earlier in the season and we're a bad league 1 team. So struggle to see how he'll get a big move in the summer. Maybe back to Colchester or S****horpe if they get promoted.

I thought him and Reid were the stand out midfielders that night.

A rovers fan told me on Thursday he didn't whether O'Toole would be available for Friday's match (obviously was as he scored) because he'd been arrested for fighting a City fan in Walkabout?!

Anybody else heard this?

Everything he touches seems to hit the target at the moment, so it wouldn't surprise me if he knocked the city fan out..

Rovers were a terrible team, and O'toole was awful. Their first half especially..it was like watching the downs league, made US look good ffs, that's how bad they are.

Rovers were a terrible team, and O'toole was awful. Their first half especially..it was like watching the downs league, made US look good ffs, that's how bad they are.

Slightly harsh. For a while at 1-1 they looked like winning the game.

Rose tints much?

We were awful for most of the game and they were 'in the game' for large spells of it. At 1-1 it could have gone either way.

Rose tints much?

We were awful for most of the game and they were 'in the game' for large spells of it. At 1-1 it could have gone either way.

When it was 1-1 I wasn't worried that they'd score another, it was more that our defence would concede - if that makes sense.

O'Toole wasn't great that night but he was certainly better than Pack and probably the second best CM  besides Reid.

A rovers fan told me on Thursday he didn't whether O'Toole would be available for Friday's match (obviously was as he scored) because he'd been arrested for fighting a City fan in Walkabout?!

Anybody else heard this?

I also heard from a Rovers fan that he was arrested the other week, but this story involved him being outside the Hippodrome.

Rose tints much?

That's why I said especially in the first half, the second half they improved considerably, nothing rose tinted at all.. but I stand by what I said about O'toole, he couldn't get close to reid

In all honesty it was two shocking teams going at it, and it just shows the state Bristol football is in

I thought him and Reid were the stand out midfielders that night.

I can't say I thought much of him. Probably because all my Rovers supporting mates had been bigging him up before hand , I was very underwhelmed. He got totally shown up by JET for the majority of the game not least for both goals where he backed off and invited shots. If our midfielders would have done that they would of been slated. He looks busy and runs around alot and is having a great scoring season but as has been shown throughout his career he is average lower league midfielder.   

It was Ward's influence.

Given who you were replying to it won't be long.

How they laughed when some of us said that O'Toole was a good signing for the Gas.

Well chaps ,some of us know a good footballer when we see one

Who laughed? Most City fans I know thought he was a good signing for them. I know Gasheads who were pissed off because they thought they spent too much time trying to get him to sign and that he had used up their budget.

As for the JPT match I didn't notice him at all, the only players they had that impressed me were the goalkeeper Mildenhall and the winger on the Dolman side in the 2nd half, 1st half was men against boys. Anyway If Rovers don't get promoted this season you'll probably get the chance to get his autograph next year.

It was Ward's influence.

He's hardly done amazing at Rovers though

Think of the crap situation at City ,multiply it by 50 and then you might have some indication of the job he's doing.

Steady and honest.Just what we need / needed .

SOD was steady and honest.. Look how he did

In fact our fans hated SOD being honest..

Ward went on a run winning one game in 21 appearances, at Colchester so he'd fit in fine

Think of the crap situation at City ,multiply it by 50 and then you might have some indication of the job he's doing.

Steady and honest.Just what we need / needed .

I disagree.

Spent big on JJ O'Toole, Clarkson etc, but needed to strengthen other parts of the team.

Got more strikers in on loan even though they need a winger.

Only now moving away from the relegation zone, but awful awful football.

I don't know what has happened to John ward. He has declined to a Peter Reid/ Bryan Robson kind of manager, not in terms of their aggression, but in terms of the value he places on the physical side of the game, rather than skill and tactics, which seems to be to complicated for him to understand. If you hear him speak, he sounds almost simple, like he is only using short words to explain his thoughts. Maybe I am going mad or something?!

Archived