IGNORED

Stadium Plans Ammended

Super

So the dolman boxes are now not happening. Looks as if we are trying to do it on the cheap now and are gonna end up with a sub standard stadium.

"plans for the Dolman Boxes will be removed to allow for a greater number of seats within the ground"

Would you prefer they kept the boxes and had fewer seats?  And as already noted, it might happen in future.

The Dolman exec boxes were always intended to be optional. The club applied for a capacity of 27,000 rather than 26,500 to allow such flexibility. This was explained in the planning application. The rest of the Dolman renovations will be implemented. This is the only change.

It's unlikely the club could fill all the plan exec boxes without being in the premiership. It seem a prudent decision and doesn't stop us installing the additional boxes when the time is right.

Its looking worse and worse.

Cheap option that doesn't solve any long term issues.

I can't see any pictures - would like to see what it looks like even if it's just a sketch

Before I got to the bit about thinking of nearby residents I thought that would be the reason, yes cost will have something to do with it but if a legal type has said

"if you do ...x... the residents may kick up a fuss like those did with ashton vale, if you do ...y... not only will they have less reason to kick up a fuss, it'll cost you less" - could you blame any business man for doing so

Aesthetically what difference is it going to make?

Eh? Doesn't make sense.

The Dolman exec boxes were always intended to be optional. The club applied for a capacity of 27,000 rather than 26,500 to allow such flexibility. This was explained in the planning application. The rest of the Dolman renovations will be implemented. This is the only change.

It's unlikely the club could fill all the plan exec boxes without being in the Premier League. It seem a prudent decision and doesn't stop us installing the additional boxes when the time is right.

Agree - it's doubtful we'd need so many exec boxes.

Does the omission of the boxes mean the capacity will be closer to 27k then?

Will these new plans (regardless of whether it's full committee or delegated) require a further 6 week waiting period? If so, I think we can forget about starting in May.

The minor amendment decision could be JR'd but even if successful it would only serve to quash the minor amendments proposed, not the main planning decision that approved the overall redevelopment.

In short, no this will not stop us starting in May. Only a JR to the main application would do that, which is frankly very unlikely.

So the dolman boxes are now not happening. Looks as if we are trying to do it on the cheap now and are gonna end up with a sub standard stadium.

You'd think from some of the comments on here the fans were paying for the new stadium. In fact SL's footing the bill, we're getting it for free. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Always thought that putting boxes at the back of the Dolman looked pretty crap anyway.

The stadium will look better without them with increased capacity and the option to install at a later date will still be available.

Assume the mezzanine area removed are the classrooms on the attached plan:

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/5D7FA9680F4A7A922C71A12027331494/pdf/13_03517_F-PROPOSED_MEZZANINE_FLOOR_PLAN-1036426.pdf

Lot of negative comments on something that won't affect any supporter whatsoever.

Prudent move to omit the optional Dolman boxes and associated costs at this time.

Said Cynic!

I'm not sure we really need the Dolman boxes until we hit the big time anyway. I would have thought there would be more interest in the ones over in the new Williams as they'll have more facilities available. I do have an interest in this, as I sit in the last but one row of the Dolman. I'd be pretty peed off if I lost my seat (and the people I've sat with for years) for some boxes that were never used. 

Woo hoo, no boxes which will bring in income even if some are empty, in preference for a few extra seats that we will never fill as we won't get to the Prem with the current mob in charge!

Great thinking boys.  Genius!

There will be 15 boxes lost from the Dolman stand leaving 22 in the new Williams plus directors box

and a break out hospitality area in the Williams corner of the new Wedlock.

More than ample for the foreseeable future.

So I assume the corporates will have to make do with a hospitality break out area in the wedlock/Williams corner when the Williams is pulled down

Archived