IGNORED

Stadium Plans Ammended

Super

Woo hoo, no boxes which will bring in income even if some are empty, in preference for a few extra seats that we will never fill as we won't get to the Prem with the current mob in charge!

Great thinking boys.  Genius!

You're right, I'm 100% sure there will be a waiting list for the boxes in the Williams as a result of this... :facepalm:

The modernisation project was to create more revenue outside of matchday, which I'm sure the Williams, Wedlock and Dolman (area outside of executive boxes) will service perfectly. 

We have such minimal income outside of a matchday at the moment any increase will help

Pretty chuffed the dolman is being kept box free...for now anyway.

Will look much better.

On the other hand, bit gutted about the tge loss of the mezzanine on the EE. That had the potential to look quite cool from the outside, but now it'll look life any other cheap-clad warehouse.

Call me an old cynic but I have my doubts if this stadium rebuild will take place. Relegation looks a real possibility , if this happens I expect the club to announce that the building work will be put on hold.

It may be completed when the arena in built in other words never.

Call me an old cynic but I have my doubts if this stadium rebuild will take place. Relegation looks a real possibility , if this happens I expect the club to announce that the building work will be put on hold.

You're an old cynic.

This is happening

I agree with Phileas Fogg - you're an old cynic. Absolutely nothing wrong with that as I'm probably one as well. But I think that relation will not affect the rebuild. Being in league 2 would just mean that there are less fans to fit into a smaller ground. Better to rebuild when in league 2 with low gates than when in the Premiership (5 years time ?) with big gates.

I agree with Phileas Fogg - you're an old cynic. Absolutely nothing wrong with that as I'm probably one as well. But I think that relation will not affect the rebuild. Being in league 2 would just mean that there are less fans to fit into a smaller ground. Better to rebuild when in league 2 with low gates than when in the Premier League (5 years time ?) with big gates.

Yes I agree with you....If we get relegated there simply wont be a better time to do this...Even if the miracle of a few wins happens and we stay up its a good time to do this for the L-T.

My preference is Ashton Vale and remains so....But I suppose I'll just have to let that go!?

Are we now saying that the new EE won't be any higher than the old one? If so, that's total crap !

No, not at all.

I'm still yet to see the actual amendments, but I think it will be mostly cosmetic; just a removal of the upper rear facing windows, although it does say the floor will go as well. But you can't rely on the post to get anything right. Internally will look the same.

The link doesn't mention it, but the actual newspaper report mentions that "the seating bowl has been revised so that it is lower". It doesn't really make it clear what that means though.

What, you mean the article in the physical newspaper mentions it? Disappointed if true. It means the rake will be lower.

I have no idea why people are getting wood about SL paying for it.

It's his stadium, despite us being told that could not happen.

This is just the equivalent of the landlord doing the first stage of renovations prior to resale.

The second will be the installation of Bristol Rugby and Bristol United Football club as joint tenants.

The third will be a sale of all the assets to a very rich person and SL will walk away with all debts paid, a nice profit and acres of prime south Bristol land ready for housing when the zoning is inevitably changed.

You don't get to make a billion by being a bloody idiot. He may be a crap chairman - but he is an astute businessman - and they do not like to lose money.

There is a great deal of naivety present. The clubs major asset has been hived off and in turn the FC has got relegation, debt and a loss of control of its own future.

Mr Lansdown can change everything. The FC could end up asking Bristol Sport if it can do anything right down to which kit the team wears like a child and its Mother.

Public pledges and guarantees should be sought from Mr Lansdown and Bristol Sport.

There is a great deal of naivety present. The clubs major asset has been hived off and in turn the FC has got relegation, debt and a loss of control of its own future.

Mr Lansdown can change everything. The FC could end up asking Bristol Sport if it can do anything right down to which kit the team wears like a child and its Mother.

Public pledges and guarantees should be sought from Mr Lansdown and Bristol Sport.

How has the ground been "hived off"? Also, the FC is debt free.

The stadium always looked like a patchwork quilt IMO and this news only goes to serve that re-developing stadia in residential areas is stupid especially when there is a perfectly good and viable site nearby, a site where every inherent problem caused by a football stadium in a residential area is solved.

of course unless you want to have a dog walking ice skating festival.

Not out of the blue news that some are using to bash the club and sl with yet again, seems some don't need any excuse.

Two points

1: Those of you moaning or uninformed about the boxes, the dolman ones where always optional, taking them out will actually increase the capacity to at least 26 500 (possibly 27). The main corporate areas and 22 boxes as others have said will be in the Williams, logistically this is the best place to have them anyway. If we see a day when we need more then we can look at installing them at the back of the dolman. I see no issues here.

2: The new wedlock hasn't suddenly dramatically changed in height, all the amendments mean is that we wont have windows overlooking raynes road to A) stop the residents kicking up a fuss, and B) decrease costs (A it could be argued is a guise for B).

Now that's clear I fail to see how such small changes can drum up so much negativity, SL has tried with AV, we need facilities now, and he is giving us state of the art ones at our spiritual home. Time to stop moaning about everything and get behind the team, if we can stay up this season and start redevelopment in the summer the club will be on the up sooner rather than later.

Not out of the blue news that some are using to bash the club and sl with yet again, seems some don't need any excuse.

Two points

1: Those of you moaning or uninformed about the boxes, the dolman ones where always optional, taking them out will actually increase the capacity to at least 26 500 (possibly 27). The main corporate areas and 22 boxes as others have said will be in the Williams, logistically this is the best place to have them anyway. If we see a day when we need more then we can look at installing them at the back of the dolman. I see no issues here.

2: The new wedlock hasn't suddenly dramatically changed in height, all the amendments mean is that we wont have windows overlooking raynes road to A) stop the residents kicking up a fuss, and B) decrease costs (A it could be argued is a guise for B).

Now that's clear I fail to see how such small changes can drum up so much negativity, SL has tried with AV, we need facilities now, and he is giving us state of the art ones at our spiritual home. Time to stop moaning about everything and get behind the team, if we can stay up this season and start redevelopment in the summer the club will be on the up sooner rather than later.

it's called opinion and mine is it looks shit, sorry if that offends you but it's my opinion.

Amen

it's called opinion and mine is it looks shit, sorry if that offends you but it's my opinion.

Amen

Your more than entitled to your opinion esmond. You don't like how it looks that's fair enough, I was reffering to people using this news as an uninformed excuse to bash sl for 'doing things on the cheap', when that's clearly not the case.

SL has tried with AV, we need facilities now, and he is giving us state of the art ones at our spiritual home.

Agree with your post, but for this line.

State of the art?? Hmmm. Improved, yes. SOTA? No way.

But also cider red, tbf there still is a question mark hanging over the height of the new ee seating, if we are to believe the post earlier.

Also, we are still yet to see detailed images of the final design from which we can form an accurate opinion.

Agree with your post, but for this line.

State of the art?? Hmmm. Improved, yes. SOTA? No way.

But also cider red, tbf there still is a question mark hanging over the height of the new ee seating, if we are to believe the post earlier.

Also, we are still yet to see detailed images of the final design from which we can form an accurate opinion.

Agreed we need to see images of the latest development. I would imagine they are waiting for the original 6 weeks JR period (the 13th I believe) till the unveil anything, so as not to disappoint supporters further.

I don't see anywhere in that article that states the high of the stand or bowl will be any lower than previously. It just talks about the changes to the windows at the back that look onto raynes road. Correct me if im wrong?

Archived