IGNORED

Back Four

Eco

In my opinion a better back four than yesterday's would be;

Moloney - RB

Osbourne - RCB

Williams - LCB

Cunningham - LB

Flint and El Abd still give me kittens and Williams does his best at LB bless but not a natural going forward down the left flank. Not sure why Greg is out of starting XI again.

Moloney - RB

Osbourne - RCB

Williams - LCB

Cunningham - LB

Flint and El Abd still give me kittens and Williams does his best at LB bless but not a natural going forward down the left flank. Not sure why Greg is out of starting XI again.

Problem with the Williams/Osbourne pairing is that neither of them are ' first ball ' winners like Flint is and you need a center back who basically heads it and kick it at Div 1 level with all the high balls you see coming into the box.

I agree that Flint and El Abd look very dodgy at times but both looked solid enough yesterday.

Problem with the Williams/Osbourne pairing is that neither of them are ' first ball ' winners like Flint is and you need a center back who basically heads it and kick it at Div 1 level with all the high balls you see coming into the box.

I agree that Flint and El Abd look very dodgy at times but both looked solid enough yesterday.

Agree about yesterday - but in no small part that was because of the fantastic job that Gillett did breaking up play before it got to them. That meant that most of what they had to deal with was high balls coming straight at them - and Flint particularly will always eat those for breakfast.

Pretty sure Osbourne is.

Moloney - RB

Osbourne - RCB

Williams - LCB

Cunningham - LB

Said on another thread yesterday that the most likely reason Greg was left out was that we went with a small midfield. What with having Reid, Elliott and Gillett in their meant we needed Williams extra aerial ability to help thwart the long throws etc coming into our box.

Moloney - RB

Osbourne - RCB

Williams - LCB

Cunningham - LB

Cant disagree with that, pretty much the back 4 I would go with.

Agree about yesterday - but in no small part that was because of the fantastic job that Gillett did breaking up play before it got to them. That meant that most of what they had to deal with was high balls coming straight at them - and Flint particularly will always eat those for breakfast.

Therein lies our problem all this season - and last.

Not combative enough in midfield.

Gillet was excellent yesterday, but we've allowed teams to pass through us this season too easily.

With a non existent midfield it doesn't matter who plays in Centre Defence

Flint played very well yesterday.

Gillingham were like some throwback to the 80s with their long ball rubbish but he dealt with it excellently.

El-Abd is still struggling though, it was him who lost Akinfenwa for the goal and he looks nothing at all like the player Brighton fans told us we were getting.

Maloney is a must. He is actually a good player, not sure why SC doesn't like him. He seems the only natural RB we have..

Flint is also a must, he's a ball winner.. Lets just pray he's not up against fast, pacy strikers

then for LCB position is Osborne/Williams/ al abd.. All similar players, none stand out..

LB Cunningham is a must also. One of our better players.

Archived