IGNORED

Bristol City And The Moaners

I made my position very clear on the lengthy thread last week, and I stated on there that I will not mention Cotterill's name again this season.  Hence you will not find me 'moaning' (I'd rather use the term 'expressing my opinion') until the season is done.

DOH!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we have any more or less than any other mid tier or range football club.

My best mate said its also a constant issue at Watford, that there is now an expectation to blow everyone away 4-0 with a brand of passing flowing football and when it doesn't happen people moan.

I think I am neither a moaner nor a happy clapper. More I pay my money, go down there and will base whether I am happy or displeased based on what I see.

I got fed right up at the end of the SOD era because I was seeing truly awful football and poor results to boot - stuck firmly in the relegation zone. I had every right to moan in my opinion. But it wasn't preformed before I went.

Also another thing I'd add is potentially the likes of my dad - they have seen what I would call proper football down there. Liverpool. Everton, Man U etc all for league football matches.

Therefore watching the dross that is lower end L1 football is probably somewhat of a very very poor comparison.

Bang on mate.

Pretty much my thoughts on it as well.

They were losing

We were 1-0 up for gods sake!! People complaining about passing it backwards and sideways. Moaning JET isn't moving into the 'correct' positions when the ball is on the other side of the pitch

all of that when we are winning and in control of the game. No need for it

the clue is the name 'supporters' so when we are winning lets support not moan :)

Jet moved. ? Bloody hell , must've been in the toilet at that moment!

You tell me what there has been NOT to moan about for the last few YEARS ?

Although im not a forum moaner, and I know the type of threads your are referring to im afraid 1 win does not detract from the utter shit we have been watching for the last few years, that coupled with the mess in the boardroom, the mess with tickets, the AV mess and god only knows what else... you tell me what there is to NOT moan about.

No I can see exactly why people come on here and moan, and yes it bores me too to see the same people posting the same moans after every game, but I can see why they do it, they are simply not happy after watching and experiencing what we all have over the last few years.

Still onwards and more importantly upwards

COYR

Cheers

Mark

There was moaning way before there was anything to moan about. 08 season was full of moans about the likes of little Lee, Sprule, McCoombe etc and we were one game away from the big time. 

Unfortunately there's always been a good number of moaners at the games, a number of them probably have problems outside of football and come to games to let off steam. The only good point about the team having a poor run of form is that most of them stop turning up and you actually get a better atmosphere with a small crowd!

Yes that is really good smaller crowds and less money for the club.I must admit I missed that big benefit.

There was moaning way before there was anything to moan about. 08 season was full of moans about the likes of little Lee, Sprule, McCoombe etc and we were one game away from the big time. 

Was thinking recently about how the much derided boring football that we had under GJ even when we were sat in the top-half of the Championship a few months before the end would be very welcome now.

The truth is there are moaners everywhere supporting all teams no matter how high or low - the basic root of the moan is that the team should be doing better or be more exciting to watch and the fact they are not is someones fault. So pick a scapegoat and hammer them. Don't get me wrong I moan about certain players in certain circumstances- Barnett and JET at Sheff Utd were both woeful as were most of the team (Elliot excepted) but that was one terrible performance. When moaning and blaming continues when the team are playing ok it is a reflection of the moaner - in other words - nothing is ever good enough and someone is to blame - a sad state of mind really. 

Unfortunately there's always been a good number of moaners at the games, a number of them probably have problems outside of football and come to games to let off steam. The only good point about the team having a poor run of form is that most of them stop turning up and you actually get a better atmosphere with a small crowd!

Hmmm? Might start watching the Dog and Duck on the Downs then. Three men and a dog watching must be great, much better than the video clip I watch yesterday of 19,000 watching us beat Palace 2-1 in the play offs...

Archived