IGNORED

Dean Horrix

36 Years of hurt

I was at the match and watched the players arrive at the ground. Dean actually bumped into me and apologised. To hear of his death a few hours later really shocked me. Didn't he die after going back to Millwall (?) for a farewell dinner with his ex team mates. I think his wife was driving too.

That was the only time I've been there, until Saturday.

I remember turning up to play football on the Sunday morning and being told, we were worried it was Bob as the guy that told us didn't know the name just that it was a striker. It was a real shame looked a decent player in the short time he was here.

Shockingly sad.

A truly terrible event in my favourite season (apart from finishing second to... well, I can't recall who finished first).

The biggest compliment that I can pay him is that in those three games he looked as good a player as his successor, Nicky Morgan.

Hope he still rests in peace.

Was only thinking the other day when i realised we were playing Shrewsbury about Dean Horrix and its so close to the anniversary too,was there that day and remember how chuffed Dean looked with the victory,still remember the shock of reading it on teletex the next morning,glad others still remember him too,hope hes still resting in peace

Last minute Dave Smith winner if I recall correctly, so very sad.

There that day myself, Smith certainly was the scorer with a late goal, we had a couple of good wingers then with Smith on one side & Gavin on the other feeding super-bob

I was at the match and watched the players arrive at the ground. Dean actually bumped into me and apologised. To hear of his death a few hours later really shocked me. Didn't he die after going back to Millwall (?) for a farewell dinner with his ex team mates. I think his wife was driving too.

I was at the game, so shocked to hear the news the following day. I believe his wife had been drinking and was to blame for the smash that killed him. For once our judiciary had its sensible hat on and realised there was no way of punishing her any more than she would already be punishing herself and let her off with

Archived