IGNORED

Tom Cleverley Petition.

Talk Of The Town

A bit ridiculous. Since when was the national side picked by a democrstic process?

It's Hodgson's job on the line so his decision. Think some people are getting ahead of themselves if they think this petition is hoing to make any difference.

Tom Cleverly or not, England are highly unlikely to reach the 1/4 finals. Harsh to scapegoat one player for that.

Never would have happened before the days of the internet.

Shocking footballer is a tad harsh. He's a Premier League footballer and league winner not a downs player.

Still can't believe how Man Utd won a premier league title with Cleverly and carrick in the midfield

Think 7th is their rightful position with the players they have

Still can't believe how Man Utd won a premier league title with Cleverly and carrick in the midfield

Think 7th is their rightful position with the players they have

He only played in half their league games last season and some of those appearances were from the bench. I think the criticism has been a bit harsh. He's exposed in a central midfield two but looks good in a three.

As for United, if you look at best starting elevens they should be 3rd or 4th but their squad is now so weak after that. When you have Young, Nani, Buttner and Welbeck as first reserves then it isn't great.

Because he's a shocking footballer. Simple as that

But the petition is OTT, will hardly do anything to a young mans confidence

hardly a shocking footballer he's help a club win the prem ffs,

this petition is completely over the top and anyone one who's signed it should be ashamed of theirselfs

The England squad is nothing short of demoralising and abysmal.

4 GK's

3 CB's

+ many players not in form in front of some who deserve their chance to represent their country, such as the likes of A. Cole, Carrick & Cleverley.

Gerrard. Henderson. Lallana. Rodriguez. Sterling. Townsend. Rooney (CAM) will be first on the list. I would have Carrick ahead of Cleverley any day of the week as well

At the moment he is no where near as good as those we have

I ignore most Prem fans opinions of players as they just follow the trends rather than make an opinion for themselves. I remember arguing with some in a pub a while back during a friendly about the merits of Owen Hargreaves (at the time playing in Germany) and they all told me to shut up and that he wasn't fit to wear the shirt etc turned out to be our best player in the next major tournament.

I don't rate Cleverly but Roy obviously does and so did SAF and I would like to think that they know a little bit more than me on the subject of good players.

The England squad is nothing short of demoralising and abysmal.

4 GK's

3 CB's

+ many players not in form in front of some who deserve their chance to represent their country, such as the likes of A. Cole, Carrick & Cleverley.

Actually think for the first time in a while we've got some very good youngsters coming through

Love to see a bit of progression at this world cup, and aim for the Euro's..

Because he's a shocking footballer. Simple as that

But the petition is OTT, will hardly do anything to a young mans confidence

The arrogance (and ignorance) of your statement is unbelievable.

Cleverly is a young player who has broken into the Man Utd first team over the last couple of years (something very few achieve). Not only did one of the greatest managers to ever live regularly include him in a title winning side, but he has regularly been selected for England squads in recent times. Bad form/ bad season or not (and you can argue that nearly all utd players have had a bad season), he's clearly not a 'shocking footballer', rather quite the opposite.

I'm not cleverley's biggest fan either but this petition and comments like 'he's a shocking footballer' make the people who say/ write them look like such fools.

Actually think for the first time in a while we've got some very good youngsters coming through

Love to see a bit of progression at this world cup, and aim for the Euro's..

The next Euros has Belgium written all over it. I just can't look past the youngsters they have that will be on top form by the next Euros

The next Euros has Belgium written all over it. I just can't look past the youngsters they have that will be on top form by the next Euros

We have some very good youngsters as well.

The arrogance (and ignorance) of your statement is unbelievable.

Cleverly is a young player who has broken into the Man Utd first team over the last couple of years (something very few achieve). Not only did one of the greatest managers to ever live regularly include him in a title winning side, but he has regularly been selected for England squads in recent times. Bad form/ bad season or not (and you can argue that nearly all utd players have had a bad season), he's clearly not a 'shocking footballer', rather quite the opposite.

I'm not cleverley's biggest fan either but this petition and comments like 'he's a shocking footballer' make the people who say/ write them look like such fools.

I retracted my statement about him being a shocking footballer, but he's not Manchester United standard, yet. He is clearly struggling in a team that is slowly declining, and it's uncomfortable to watch a young man getting slaughtered everyday in the media/social sites (he deleted his twitter) and petitions like this, I agree it's disgusting and I hope he has thick skin.

I seriously hope he achieves his potential as a football player, prove all the doubters (like myself) wrong.

Typical of the radio phone in mentality too prevalent these days.

I heard some dick say on Twentyman once that Skuse should play on the downs, another **** who thinks he knows more than Mick McCarthy, GJ, etc...

Archived