IGNORED

Dressing Up

sglosbcfc

Last Halloween, I dressed up as a suicide bomber, why? Because the amount of poo I received for growing a beard "oh look, grown a beard, must be a suicide bomber" so Halloween I thought fork it, I did it not to be offensive, but to poke fun of the people who poked fun of me and they were the only people who got offended, no one else cared, now was I in the wrong or them?

I hope you did n't "go off" on one !

I told the girls, I'm a suicide bomber, take me home and I will explode allover you....

no one took me home

Wow, surprising really. Would have thought with that silky tongue they would have been putty in your hands! Also in the spirit of this thread, surely I have to add ..................." they must have been lesbians!!" :P

World gone mad.

The fact that a white person has to apologise for dressing up as a black person - presumably someone she chose because she likes the person she was imitating - is nonsense.

If I buy a Morgan Freeman mask made from plastic of a colour imitating his skin tone and wear that to a fancy dress party, does it make me racist? No, but if I try and achieve the same tone in a 'home made/DIY' costume effort, it's apparently offensive?

Absolute rubbish.

Are you for real? In what way does a choice of hair colour link directly to race?

The whole point here is that 'blacking up' is an offensive tradition (check out the history of minstrel shows, or DW Griffiths film 'Birth of a Nation') which has long been accepted as unacceptable. Anyone who does it is bound to be treading a fine line...

I once went to a fancy dress as an umpa lumpa.

Was my orange face a racial slur that I should apologise for..?

What about all the midgets that may have been offended..?

What the hell is wrong with someone going to a fancy dress party as a character that whoopie Goldberg played..? Can I never go as Charlie Chaplin, because in dont have a moustache..?

The world has gone mental!

Erm, have you ever known anyone to be discriminated against because of the colour of their eyes?

Have you never heard of Adolf Hitler and his "master race"..?

Wasn't that based around people having blonde hair & blue eyes..?

If I was a tart at a party I'd be most offended if a load of piss-taking vicars turned up.

Seriously, I'm totally sick & tired of do-gooder good for nothings who take every opportunity to make issues out of non-issues -what a load of bollocks this 'offence' is...

Even more pissed-off that so many people are able to make money, even careers out of bull-shit PC non-sense.. (ala Sol C etc) ... its a band wagon jumping opportunity for tossers to jump on, mores the pity they are so often taken seriously.

This kind of PC non-sense does nothing but harm for instances where real problems & issues exist... these self-important,self-promoting,self-interested opportunists are a disgrace & more fool our PC society who are afraid to say boo to a goose for pandering to them.

Sadly I'm reminded of the little boy who cried wolf story... theres a danger that real issues will evetually get lost or dismissed amonst all the crap that gets spouted on a daily basis.

I hope the England girls (black & white) had a great night, I'm just sorry some petty feeble minded idiots who werent even there deemed fit to stick their bigotted oars in, & sadder still that an apology was forthcoming when non was justified.

That a bit of harmless fun was turned into something unsavoury leaves a nasty taste in the mouths of all right minded people -regardless of colour!

I love the irony.

Whoopi dresses up as a nun in the film and essentially takes a humourous view of a religious order. No problem.

Someone then dresses up as the actress in that role. Controversial. But no one expresses any issue with dressing as a member of the catholic church.

So the implication is that one is allowed to dress as a member of another religion but not of another racial background.

I am just trying to clarify the rules.

Aarrgghh no!! Surely not the "Why isn't fake tan racist?" argument!!!

Erm, have you ever known anyone to be discriminated against because of the colour of their eyes?

You need to get out more and explore it all yourself.

Archived