IGNORED

More Of A 'must Not Lose' Than A 'must Win'?

old_eastender

Whilst it would be very welcome to take 3 pts tomorrow, a draw would not necessarily be a bad result I suggest.

Not that I'm suggesting we should set up negative o'dismal style to avoid defeat, as that will surely result in defeat, we need to get out and at them from the off. This is a game we should be capable of winning - but there again thought that when we played them at home!

Heart says 1-3 City, head says 1-1.

The first goal is crucial imv. If City concede it then I don't have any confidence in them being able to turn it around to win the game. However if they can get the first goal 3 points is a distinct possibility.

Avoiding defeat is crucial but a win would be a great result. Hopefully Cotterill will set up positively and go for all three points.

The first goal is crucial imv. If City concede it then I don't have any confidence in them being able to turn it around to win the game. However if they can get the first goal 3 points is a distinct possibility.

Avoiding defeat is crucial but a win would be a great result. Hopefully Cotterill will set up positively and go for all three points.

They have pulled results out of the bag after having conceded first so it just needs a strong perfomance.

I fear the 'don't lose' mentallity. Get at them straight away and set the tone BUT HEY, we could end up getting countered and find ourselves 2 down in 20 mins. The gaffer should have the intel to know if they are likely to do that. I want to see another Orient like start to a match but my confidence in the lads is not matching my hope.

Agree with all of that. They have drawn their last two at home, against Brentford and Port Vale, and picked up 4 points in their last two away, so do not see us walking it. There can always be a difference between intent and outcome. We must aproach the game positively and play to win. If the outcome on the day is different, so be it.

Whilst it would be very welcome to take 3 pts tomorrow, a draw would not necessarily be a bad result I suggest.

Not that I'm suggesting we should set up negative o'dismal style to avoid defeat, as that will surely result in defeat, we need to get out and at them from the off. This is a game we should be capable of winning - but there again thought that when we played them at home!

Heart says 1-3 City, head says 1-1.

Clean sheet first and foremost.  Then we will have a chance to take all 3.

Steve

It is a true relegation 'six pointer'; the idea a draw would be an 'okay' result is crazy.

We need to pull away, not stay hovering.  

If the team go out today looking to 'not lose' rather than win, I agree with ten minutes of... from above; we'd have no right to complain if relegated.

And BTW; you can bet your behind the Shrews will be going full-tilt for a win, so us doing damage control in the face of that with our leaky defence is asking for trouble.

Win or bust.

Their last 8 home games read as following..

6 losses, 2 draws, 0 wins.

I would accept nothing less than a win tomorrow.

Cant afford to let Shrewsbury gain points on us - for that reason a draw wouldnt be the end of the world, but a loss is unacceptable - I reckon it will be a draw so get ready to not accept. 

Archived