IGNORED

Memories Of 1981

Mr Mosquito

Too true about biased. At the 2 minutes mark, you can clearly hear "Swindon aggro, Swindon aggro".

We were quite naughty that day though!!

I can still remember having to climb over the fencing to get out of the pen that I was in.,I'm pretty sure the police locked us in some of the pens.

We were treated like caged animals,so they got a response.

It just helped to galvanise the already growing feeling that it was ' us against the world '  A feeling that would burn brightly after 82 . Bear in mind that the city crowd then was hardcore to say the least , but has there been a time since when the club and fans have been together like that ? We had to be best at something attitude, if we couldn't win the football, then we could win the fighting. The club then knew a big part of the crowd were no angels, but they embraced us nevertheless.

Too true about biased. At the 2 minutes mark, you can clearly hear "Swindon aggro, Swindon aggro".

Indeed, the pig towners were throwing stones and other missiles at Jan Moller. Jan Moller being the finest goalie I've ever seen play for City - and we have had some great goalies in my lifetime.

Was that our last away clean sheet?

Writing of clean sheets, I reckon we'd just lost Kevin Mabbutt, Gerry Gow and Tom Ritchie by the time of that game or else we'd have won. Losing Mabbutt, Gow and Ritchie that season had to be the real reason we plummetted through the divisions.

Archived