IGNORED

Yesterday's Goals

Super

I don't think Fielding could do much about either.

The first, Fielding had players in front of him, Wouldn't of expected a CB to hit it from there and the fact that it hit the post left him with very little chance of getting it.

Second goal was due to 4 defensive errors

1. El abd not passing back to Fielding who could then give it a whooooosshhh

2. Pearson letting his man go past him with ease

3. El Abd not putting any pressure on the crosser

4. Moloney forgetting to head the ball at the back stick

A header from 6 yards out from that angle would require a remarkable save to keep it out. All parry had to was hit the target

First goal Fielding tried to save the ball with his wrong hand.. I don't know if he would of saved it if he went with his right.. but still, midfielders should of clearly closed down the defender

Don't blame him for either personally....first one looks like a deflection, which it wasn't, which I guess shows how much the ball moved.

I don't blame him for the goal per se, their man should never have been afforded the opportunity to pick the ball up in his own half(!) and go unchallenged before getting a shot off to be fair.

But when you slow it down and study it, it's very odd goalkeeping. He dives far too early, and is already committed and diving and is at ground level before the ball reaches him. Because of this he has no chance of getting to it with his right hand (the natural way you would attempt to save a shot when diving to your right) as it's already far too far below the ball, underneath his body. To compensate he has to attempt to reach it with his left - very unnatural when diving to your right - and is too far away to reach it with that hand.

6852182310a631da94cff43adc60c158.png

This point about El-Abd is that the ball was going out for a goal kick easily and all he had to do was cover it off...instead he punted it into the stand for a throw in. After that Pearson got the wrong side and was too eager to get the ball rather than stand his man up then Maloney ducked under the header trying to be top clever.

Still a win is a win.

Fair enough I wasn't there so only commenting on what I could see in the video, I can't comment on the bits i don't see

There was quite a wicked cross wind at times on Saturday and do wonder if if accounted to some degree on the first goal

Difficult to argue with that to much, it was like he was sure he had it covered, and the balls movement meant he had to adjust at the last moment. No doubt if JET had scored it we would just say it was a great shot. I suspect he will be a little disappointed with it, but not going to flog it to death.

Pearson missed the tackle, both cb came across to cover leaving 2 on 1 at the back post. What I can't work out is where is Williams for surely if he's lb he should be in Pearson position or behind him as part of a back 4.

The crux of the matter, and the reason we conceded, is Moloney should have prevented Parry getting a free header.

Inexpliccably he completely failed to do that.

When fans berate SC for playing the taller, and much more physical, Osborne at right back they'd do well to remember this goal.

I agree said it Saturday at the game it was a poor effort from moloney to clear it. But he is left 2 on 1 at the back and was thinking if our back 4 were in a line 3 are (el abd flint moloney) then el abd wouldn't have to come out and flint would be marking with moloney back post.

Seemed Williams was somewhere in the box but not doing a job or should of passed his man on so he was in the line.

Just my thought when at the game and after seeing the replays still think the same.

Archived