IGNORED

Yesterday's Goals

Super

Got to be said that Fielding could and should have saved both, though the angle is unkind on the second.

The first, should have been bread and butter. No real pace on the ball, sees it all the way but still doesn't get across to it quickly enough.

Second, OK he shouldn't have got past Moloney but Fielding just seems to watch as he floats it over, where it seems like he should have been able to just pluck it out the air. It seemed to be played across at a perfect height to just reach out and catch, it must be a strange perspective!

Either way very soft goals. Thankfully we were able to score one more!

The second one not alot he could do and came as a result of Al-abd not wanting to make a simple pass back for fiedling to clear instead he just mindlessly kicked out out for a throw in then further on letting his man turn him. Fielding was running to the far post to expect a header there its very hard to change position that quickly to stop a header across goal. Saying that Maloney should of also done better. 

Got to be said that Fielding could and should have saved both, though the angle is unkind on the second.

The first, should have been bread and butter. No real pace on the ball, sees it all the way but still doesn't get across to it quickly enough.

Second, OK he shouldn't have got past Moloney but Fielding just seems to watch as he floats it over, where it seems like he should have been able to just pluck it out the air. It seemed to be played across at a perfect height to just reach out and catch, it must be a strange perspective!

Clueless as ever.

Clueless as ever.

Save your agenda sweetie.

I even said that the second could well have been a misleading angle/perspective.

The first was very poor goalkeeping frankly. Soft goals have been the problem all season and continue to be. If we gift Peterborough goals like that we will get nothing on Tuesday.

Clueless is bemoaning our lack of goalscoring when there's a team in the playoffs with fewer goals than we have. But that's another matter.

no way he could've saved the second. Absolute bullet header - don't think the highlights do it justice. 

Both were soft goals, first one was the midfields fault more than anything for giving him so much room even if he was 35-40 yards out. Credit to the guy it was a good strike, curling away from fielding into the corner- nothing more that little Frankie could do there.

Second goal (can only comment from the video) Pearson lets their guy get past him too easy this means El-Abd has to leave his man to try and stop the cross and it was a tidy header to score, i think it should have been defended better in several areas but from reading comments on other threads some are making El-Abd into a scapegoat already.

Honestly i do panick a bit when el-abd gets the ball and he's been the weaker link in our defense since joining but his performances but from those highlights I'd say he wasn't at fault for either goal yesterday, certainly not the first

The second one not alot he could do and came as a result of Al-abd not wanting to make a simple pass back for fiedling to clear instead he just mindlessly kicked out out for a throw in then further on letting his man turn him. Fielding was running to the far post to expect a header there its very hard to change position that quickly to stop a header across goal. Saying that Maloney should of also done better. 

totally wrong, their player walked past Pearson, Al-abt had to leave his man to try and cover, Flint had to leave his to try and cover Al-abt, and Maloney instead of heading the ball back where it came from, tried to back head it clear and ducked under it, saying that, the cross came along the line of the 6 yard box, maybe fielding could have come for it.  Can see Moore being back on Tuesday if he's fit

Honestly i do panick a bit when el-abd gets the ball and he's been the weaker link in our defense since joining but his performances but from those highlights I'd say he wasn't at fault for either goal yesterday, certainly not the first

This point about El-Abd is that the ball was going out for a goal kick easily and all he had to do was cover it off...instead he punted it into the stand for a throw in. After that Pearson got the wrong side and was too eager to get the ball rather than stand his man up then Maloney ducked under the header trying to be top clever.

Still a win is a win.

Yet another goal of the month contender from JET. Got the slightly early strike and what a strike, still rising as it went in.

I remember him scoring a tap-in against Stevenage, and if being more talked about than some of his stunners, because he's scored so many of them.

Nice to see him both back on the score sheet, and getting another assist.

Against Peterborough, who for all their attacking prowess have a questionable defence, I hope the confidence JET will have got from that performance will make a difference for us.

no way he could've saved the second. Absolute bullet header - don't think the highlights do it justice.

I was referring to the fact that it appeared the cross BEFORE the header was at the perfect height to be caught by FF, but did state that the camera angle might have been misguiding.

On repeated viewing I seem to have done Frankie a disservice, but it was poor team defending all round.

But that first one is just a shocker the more you watch it. Truly bad goalkeeping! Dives way too early. No real force in the shot, sees it all the way. Again, let down by the defense.

The fact that he can pick up the ball on the halfway line and then go unchallenged, hit a fairly weak shot at almost ground level and score is really poor.

But I can't post my opinion on here these days about anything without one muppet who appears to be infatuated with me resorting to personal insults.

Watching their 2nd live it was difficult to pick up what happened in the box, looking at the highlights it seems Maloney was trying to chest it round the post and just missed, probably afraid of heading over in case he scored an OG. It started with a lazy throw in given away by El Abd, he let the ball run way too far before putting it out. Pearson missed a tackle and Maloney missed it altogether. Don't think you blame Fielding for it to be honest.

On another note, there is a picture on the website of Bryan jumping for the 3rd, he must be 4 ft off the ground, amazing leap, in the highlights he seems to jump and keep going, he headed it down over the keeper!

That wasn't a weak shot. Not a bullet but certainly not weak.

I'm sorry but it should take something absolutely spectacular for a keeper to not even GET to a shot from that distance, especially one that only ever gets 2ft off the ground.

It was well placed but it was shot from such a distance that there's really no reason at all for FF to be unable to reach it

Either way very poor that he was even afforded so much space to get a shot away in the first place.

Soft goals have been the scourge of the season and continue to be so.

Haven't checked the stats but BTTS must be a bloody good bet when City are involved.

I'm sorry but it should take something absolutely spectacular for a keeper to not even GET to a shot from that distance, especially one that only ever gets 2ft off the ground.

It was well placed but it was shot from such a distance that there's really no reason at all for FF to be unable to reach it

Either way very poor that he was even afforded so much space to get a shot away in the first place.

Soft goals have been the scourge of the season and continue to be so.

Haven't checked the stats but BTTS must be a bloody good bet when City are involved.

Still doesn't make it a weak shot.

This point about El-Abd is that the ball was going out for a goal kick easily and all he had to do was cover it off...instead he punted it into the stand for a throw in. After that Pearson got the wrong side and was too eager to get the ball rather than stand his man up then Maloney ducked under the header trying to be top clever.

Still a win is a win.

I'd rather El Abd put the ball out for a throw in rather than fanny about trying to do something that isn't sensible.

The problem wasn't giving them the throw in, but the way we defended the throw in. Pearson should have stopped the cross - he gave up far too easily, and Maloney should have done better with the defensive header.

Up to that point, Pearson was playing very well making driving runs from midfield, but I thought this tainted his game and shortly afterwards he went off.

I don't think Fielding could do much about either.

The first, Fielding had players in front of him, Wouldn't of expected a CB to hit it from there and the fact that it hit the post left him with very little chance of getting it.

Second goal was due to 4 defensive errors

1. El abd not passing back to Fielding who could then give it a whooooosshhh

2. Pearson letting his man go past him with ease

3. El Abd not putting any pressure on the crosser

4. Moloney forgetting to head the ball at the back stick

A header from 6 yards out from that angle would require a remarkable save to keep it out. All parry had to was hit the target

Archived