IGNORED

Our Goalkeepers!

cowleyred

Next year I can see parish and fielding leaving along with Maloney Fontaine with Osborne and Flint the main centre backs

Really interested to know which clubs are taking over Fielding's 3 year deal and Parish's 2 year one..

What worries me about Parish is that he hasn't excelled in a division below and with less pressure. He has still dropped at least two clangers.

Perhaps Newport can't justify the deal or perhaps part of his wages if he's not comfortably better than what they have.

Next year I can see parish and fielding leaving along with Maloney Fontaine with Osborne and Flint the main centre backs

Osbourne who joined in Jan? Moloney who is hardly turning heads here but is far from bad?

I have more confidence in Flint than I do El Abd now that is saying something!!

Fielding and Parish wouldn't leave.

I'm with you on Fontaine though

Osbourne who joined in Jan? Moloney who is hardly turning heads here but is far from bad?

I have more confidence in Flint than I do El Abd now that is saying something!!

Fielding and Parish wouldn't leave.

I'm with you on Fontaine though

I think he's saying that Osborne and Flint should be our first chouce centre half pairing.

County's first choice keeper Lenny Pidgeley is still a few weeks away from playing again and the second choice Jamie Stephens has only just resumed training after an injury.  The plan was to extend Elliott Parish's loan for a second month and the clubs had both agreed, but Justin Edinburgh changed his mind after the poor display on Saturday and sent him back, signing another loan keeper (Ian McLoughlin from MK Dons) instead.

Parish pulled off an outstanding reaction save in the home match against Fleetwood which probably saved us a point, but during his time at Newport made a few basic errors and seemed reluctant to come off his line.

What's the county fans opinions on Jamie?

I know he hasn't had much of a look in due to injury, and the signing/form of Lenny, but how did he get on early season?

He was a keeper I thought city should have had a look at as back-up/young keeper to challenge first team.

What's the county fans opinions on Jamie?

I know he hasn't had much of a look in due to injury, and the signing/form of Lenny, but how did he get on early season?

He was a keeper I thought city should have had a look at as back-up/young keeper to challenge first team.  

Lenny Pidgeley was already at the club and Jamie was signed as back-up / one for the future and feelings amongst county fans are mixed (but we do have a strong doom & gloom element on our forum ;) ), although from what little I have seen of him he is a good signing.

Has only played in two league matches, 1 Capital One cup and 3 JPT matches  so far and looked solid in the home matches I saw. Unfortunately for him he picked up an injury in training the same week that Lenny was injured, otherwise he could have had a decent run in the side.    

Archived