IGNORED

Our Goalkeepers!

cowleyred

I have to say city have usually got a half decent keeper but the 3 we have are not up to it.I have just watched Parrish's boob for Newport ,the other 2 we have are very poor.Ever since David James came, it is the one position we lack in class.

I have to say city have usually got a half decent keeper but the 3 we have are not up to it.I have just watched Parrish's boob for Newport ,the other 2 we have are very poor.Ever since David James came, it is the one position we lack in class.

You mean Tom Heaton not David James.

If Heaton was poor why did a team at the top of the Championship want him? He was excellent for us.

They weren't top when they signed him though were they?

I think Heaton was steady for us but he is very over rated by some on here. Wasn't helped by a desperately poor defence mind.

Heaton poor? He was just about the only one to come out of last season with any modicum of credit!

He's first choice for a team who will likely be in the premier league next season and he is poor?

sums up some of our fanbase.

soon people will be slagging off a player who's scored 18 and assisted 16....

It's not our keepers that are the problem it is the Defence we have never been solid since before David James came in! We can push up the leagues again if we sort out our defence!!

Is the defence always the problem? The defence have no confidence in Fielding, he never comes out for crosses, never takes the pressure off the defenders, if we had a decent goalkeeper I'm 100% certain we'd be at least mid table by now.. Is it a coincidence that Shrewsbury affectively had 2 shots and they both went in?? That Gillingham once again had one shot and it goes in??

Is the defence always the problem? The defence have no confidence in Fielding, he never comes out for crosses, never takes the pressure off the defenders, if we had a decent goalkeeper I'm 100% certain we'd be at least mid table by now.. Is it a coincidence that Shrewsbury affectively had 2 shots and they both went in??

Fielding actually made a few bad decisions coming out and a few correct ones. Fielding to an extent is a valid scapegoat but the circus defending at times cannot be blamed on him. Both goals yesterday could of been prevented before the ball even reached him. 

Is the defence always the problem? The defence have no confidence in Fielding, he never comes out for crosses, never takes the pressure off the defenders, if we had a decent goalkeeper I'm 100% certain we'd be at least mid table by now.. Is it a coincidence that Shrewsbury affectively had 2 shots and they both went in?? That Gillingham once again had one shot and it goes in??

Imo the blame lies a little higher up. In midfield we have little to no aggression and bite, and up top we have no-one to hold the ball and relieve pressure.

Is the defence always the problem? The defence have no confidence in Fielding, he never comes out for crosses, never takes the pressure off the defenders, if we had a decent goalkeeper I'm 100% certain we'd be at least mid table by now.. Is it a coincidence that Shrewsbury affectively had 2 shots and they both went in?? That Gillingham once again had one shot and it goes in??

Fielding was left exposed by the non tackling centre midfield and the non defending defence for the first goal, and for the second the bloke should never of been allowed to get the cross over from so tight to the goal line. I'm no big fan but he did come out for crosses, catching a few and punching a couple. Might as well stick with him for now.

No,Tom Heaton looked poor but now seems great at Burnley.James was the start of our demise.Bring back Basso or God !

Basso shit on us when we needed him most, and he's done well since hasn't he!

They weren't top... Signed Heaton and now they are with a pretty good goals conceded as well

Hmmmmmmmm... Coincidence

Hardly just down to Heaton though is it? Collectively as a team they have been superb and Heaton is a big part of that.

He was a good steady keeper for us but was far from spectacular. He wasn't helped by possibly the worst defence I've seen but people talk about Heaton as if he's one of the greatest keepers we've ever had.

Hardly just down to Heaton though is it? Collectively as a team they have been superb and Heaton is a big part of that.

He was a good steady keeper for us but was far from spectacular. He wasn't helped by possibly the worst defence I've seen but people talk about Heaton as if he's one of the greatest keepers we've ever had.

for me that was basso til his head got too big

Archived