IGNORED

Parrish Back !

Major Isewater

goalkeeping situation needs sorting in the summer for sure. All 3 this season have been poor.

Moore has been fine when fit, but no chance of him staying beyond his loan.

Fielding and Parish much of a muchness from what I've seen, think Fielding is the better of the two overall but still far from convinced by either.

I do think however that the defence in front of them has been the biggest problem.

The fact that people were saying Heaton was a poor keeper and is now 1st choice for a seemingly Premiership-bound team sums it up.

Our problem season after season after season has been an unacceptable amount of goals conceded and it's not just the fault of the goalkeeper. Inability to defend and keep teams out has been our downfall consistently.

Parish looked comfortable with out calamity El Abd at the back. I imagine Fielding would look even better without having pressure piled on him because of stupid fouls and poor decisions

But that's just my opinion

Or maybe the defence might be more solid if they had a commanding goalkeeper they can trust?? Clearly Fielding isn't that, quite the opposite actually

Or maybe the defence might be more solid if they had a commanding goalkeeper they can trust?? Clearly Fielding isn't that, quite the opposite actually

Don't really want to lay the blame solely at the feet of anyone but Flint went apoplectic with Fielding at one point on Saturday when there was a mix-up between the two. I can only assume Flint was waiting for a shout which never came.

Moore has been fine when fit, but no chance of him staying beyond his loan.

Fielding and Parish much of a muchness from what I've seen, think Fielding is the better of the two overall but still far from convinced by either.

I do think however that the defence in front of them has been the biggest problem.

The fact that people were saying Heaton was a poor keeper and is now 1st choice for a seemingly Premier League-bound team sums it up.

Our problem season after season after season has been an unacceptable amount of goals conceded and it's not just the fault of the goalkeeper. Inability to defend and keep teams out has been our downfall consistently.

Spot on. I can't claim to have watched any Newport County games, but if their L2 defenders are even worse than our L1 ones that isn't likely to impart confidence in a young keeper's mind.

I was a keeper, my son is a keeper and yes mistakes hit confidence hard.

I'm not thinking for 1 minute that this will hit him that hard he falls away from the pro game, he'll bounce back. If you are good enough to be a professional keeper, you don't lose that ability overnight.

Yes it will take a while to regain confidence, but I'm sure he will.

As others have said already, our defence didn't help him a lot, and I cant speak for Newports.

Archived