IGNORED

The Official Peterborough Utd V Bristol City Matchday Thread

I know it's better if he misses some games but I am concerned about TONIGHT he has likely cost us points for the sake of his hard man image (he thinks he has). 2-0 and completely on top....cheers

Plus ten knackered players for Saturday now.

Makes me laugh all this

Yes he is not very good and worries me every time he has the ball.

BUT when it first came out we signed him, and were told he was a wind up merchant, a rough guy, hard as nails etc etc we were all saying YES thats what we need, in fact everyone loved it.

So now he has wound someone up and elbowed him, just as we were told he would and we all thought it was great and just what we needed, we going to slate him now for it

• Like 2

Anyone at the game comment on the El Abd red?

Don't want to cast stones before it's confirmed he was being what I think we all suspect, i.e. a prat.

Not disappointed that he's suspended, mind.  Just hope Flint is back soon.

Sounds like a few weeks at least.

Makes me laugh all this

BUT when it first came out we signed him, and were told he was a wind up merchant, a rough guy, hard as nails etc etc we were all saying YES thats what we need, in fact everyone loved it.

So now he has wound someone up and elbowed him, just as we were told he would and we all thought it was great and just what we needed, we going to slate him now for it

There's a difference between winding/roughing players up and elbowing someone and getting yourself sent off when we're 2-0 up though?

Makes me laugh all this

Wouldn't bother me if he wants to wind people up.

But elbowing someone in the face while we are 2-0 up in our current league position is stupid and irresponsible. Who on earth said they would like him to elbow the opposition?

Plus he's shit.

• Like 4

Makes me laugh all this

Yeah we were told he would get involved with stupid niggly bits but, come on, 2 - 0 up away from home and he elbows somebody? That's not niggly petty stuff, that's having a pea between the ears and ******* up a great chance to pull away from the bottom.

But elbowing someone in the face while we are 2-0 up in our current league position is stupid and irresponsible. Who on earth said they would like him to elbow the opposition?

Plus he's shit.

+ several million

Plus he's shit.

Exactly.

There is a time and a place for gamesmanship; this is not it.

And, yeah; you gotta still be a decent player.

Suppose there's is a couple + points so far I can think of, 1) We was already 2 up 2) playing against 10 can be more difficult than 11 3) Sounds like we had the game in our pocket & they wasn't in it.

COYR we can win this still & a clean sheet is still possible if you all do a good job :-)

Makes me laugh all this

Hear Hear, some people (no name, no pack drill) are finding it difficult to heap more rubbish on SC re results/record, so take it out on one of his signings and nobody who is there has actually admitted to seeing anything, but some who are not there have already judged it.