IGNORED

Frankie Fielding

Lew-T

Very pleased to hear Frankie had a good game.

I - like most of us I expect - thought we'd pulled off a real coup when we signed him. Then of course, Bradford-gate happened, and a clear loss of confidence followed, followed by a period of chop and change in the goalkeeper department.

Stability at the back is something we desperately need, and it's time we had a nailed on Number 1. Looks like Frankie is up for the challenge of hanging on to the Number 1 shirt, and it seems his attitude is top class also.

Let's hope he regains some of that confidence after such a good performance last night, and starts to show the level we know he is capable of.

I know we could say this about the season as a whole but looking back at that game you have to wonder what affect that had on Fielding. First game at a new club and you drop a clanger like that. Its going to knock you. Shame it seems to have taken so long for him to find some form.

I know we could say this about the season as a whole but looking back at that game you have to wonder what affect that had on Fielding. First game at a new club and you drop a clanger like that. Its going to knock you. Shame it seems to have taken so long for him to find some form.

Definitely, but it shows character from FF. He can't have been happy about being dropped and replaced as No 1 by Parish for a long spell. He's clearly got the right attitude, has knuckled down, grown some hair and bounced back hopefully!

I would suggest the overreaction is from you. The praise on here for FF has been regarding his attitude (as has been praised by SC) and for his match winning performance last night - justified praise. I also pointed out how pleased I am for him and us that something has worked out for him this season. We all need FF to do well. It's a start and he must now kick on. Praise has been justified - not an overreaction.

I would agree.

I made the point at Shrewsbury at the end weekend that he has a lot of the Basso about it, in a good way.

He is a character (dancing at the final whistle etc), he is brave as a lion as the late save at Shrewsbury showed where he dived almost around the striker to punch the ball away. He commands his area, constantly talks and is always on the front foot waiting to sweep up behind his defence. But above all else he has the ability to make saves that you wouldn't think he would, especially as like Basso he is a smaller keeper.

Just hope he takes great confidence from his recent showings and pushes on back to the form that saw him in an England squad.

There was nothing bad about Basso imo !

What a huge boost it must be to him to make a couple of blinding saves and be given MOTM. He may not be the most able keeper but he is ours and looks like he really cares. He has patiently waited for his chance and now has rightly taken it. I really hope everybody can put the start of his career here behind now, once and for all. He seems a good bloke to have around.

What a huge boost it must be to him to make a couple of blinding saves and be given MOTM. He may not be the most able keeper but he is ours and looks like he really cares. He has patiently waited for his chance and now has rightly taken it. I really hope everybody can put the start of his career here behind now, once and for all. He seems a good bloke to have around.

Also good to se that the 60 mins of waiting for a shot on target by Swindon didnt bore him too much, it's easy to not be ready and to lose concentration when you've been a spectator in goal all game

Archived