IGNORED

Frankie Fielding

Lew-T

A stormer indeed. When he pulled of that wonder save about 10 mins from the end, I turned to the bloke next to me and asked "Who's this guy Gordon Banks"? Frank came for every ball and commanded his area/. I've seen City win 3-1 at London Road with Steve (Flapper) Phillips in goal. I felt far more confident with FF between the sticks tonight.

Without wishing to be too picky, can someone please tell Fielding to stop booting the ball straight into touch whenever we have a goal kick or a free kick on the edge of our own box? I lost count of the number of times he did this in the 2nd half. The last thing we needed was to keep giving the ball back to Peterborough so cheaply. That aside, a decent performance.

Made more than one good save!!

2/3 point blank stops at the end. Definitely earnt us 2 points.

However, kicking was quite poor and he had a couple of dodgy saves / spills.

All in all he had a very good game and looked pretty reliable

I'll forgive his kicking he was awesome :) 

I think he's finally got his confidence back and tonight will have helped big time.

I like him; he's got great enthusiasm and obvious passion and really wants to do well for the club.

Cotterill said on player that Frankie said in the changing afterwards: "I'm actually not bad when I get going gaffer; trouble is it's took me nine months to get going!"

Pleased for him.

I made the point at Shrewsbury at the end weekend that he has a lot of the Basso about it, in a good way.

He is a character (dancing at the final whistle etc), he is brave as a lion as the late save at Shrewsbury showed where he dived almost around the striker to punch the ball away. He commands his area, constantly talks and is always on the front foot waiting to sweep up behind his defence. But above all else he has the ability to make saves that you wouldn't think he would, especially as like Basso he is a smaller keeper.

Just hope he takes great confidence from his recent showings and pushes on back to the form that saw him in an England squad.

Did laugh at this on the Posh forum

Frank Fielding did all that was necessary in the second half. Wasted time for fun, kicked hopelessly and made one decent reaction save v Ajose. But even then he was just in the right place at the right time. Tbf Yvette Fielding would have kept a clean sheet.

Here's hoping we're starting to see the player who got an England call-up.

His return to form could not be more perfectly timed, as his performance will not just be good for him, but the defenders in front of him.

Fielding, Maloney, Cunningham, Williams and Osborne are all young enough to be a decent back four for years going forward if they click.

El Abd...  Well, regardless of what all of us think of him, El Abd is part of, and will likely remain part of, the squad for the next year or so. 

Here is hoping he can experience a Fielding-esk return to the form that saw SC bring him here, and we can forget about the 'shaky' nature of his early showing.

That said; I prefer Osborne, Williams and Flint over him, any day of the week.  And that is based upon performances in our shirt, not anyone else's.

Did laugh at this on the Posh forum

Frank Fielding did all that was necessary in the second half. Wasted time for fun, kicked hopelessly and made one decent reaction save v Ajose. But even then he was just in the right place at the right time. Tbf Yvette Fielding would have kept a clean sheet.

That was more than being in the right place at the right time. Decent save.

His kicks were put in to touch pretty much every time which made we wonder if he was doing it to kill a few secons each time, break up play more, rather than have the ball come straight back each time.

FF is quickly becoming a firm favourite for me. I was delighted with his signing in the summer but have been concerned at his poor start and relegation to the bench. Having invested in a (I'm sure) well paid first choice GK that situation was bad for all parties. But having heard SC's comments about his attitude and seeing his performances in the last couple of games (especially last night) I can't say how happy I am for him. From his interviews and references he sounds like a cracking character. We all knew that he had the potential to be a good keeper and hopefully his form can continue. We need FF to make that GK spot his own as we've had too many GK changes in the last few years.

Well done, Frankie!

If FF is getting back to anything like the best form that he showed whilst a Derby, then we have a very good GK on our books!

Fair play Frankie - it shows good character to come back strongly very a very shakey start to his career here.

If I remember rightly, Basso was looking very dodgy in his early days here before become nothing short of a Talisman for us. Here is hoping we might see something similar with FF (without the unsavoury ending to his time here!)

FF needs to show that form for a whole group of matches. Again a typical over reaction on here, one good game and suddenly he is the messiah. FF has always had ability, it is for all players of a decent standard the consistency over a large number of games that make the difference. Lets see how he gets on from now until  the end of the season. He is still young for a keeper and yes they do improve with age. Fingers crossed this is a breakthrough for him. But in the previous game, reports suggested him flapping a few times, and here people talk of poor kicking. When he achieves Basso (player of the season) levels of performance he will have arrived.  And as correctly indicated above Adriano took a while to settle before he gave us the season of all seasons (best I have seen in 40 years - over a season for a keeper)

I would suggest the overreaction is from you. The praise on here for FF has been regarding his attitude (as has been praised by SC) and for his match winning performance last night - justified praise. I also pointed out how pleased I am for him and us that something has worked out for him this season. We all need FF to do well. It's a start and he must now kick on. Praise has been justified - not an overreaction.

Very pleased to hear Frankie had a good game.

I - like most of us I expect - thought we'd pulled off a real coup when we signed him. Then of course, Bradford-gate happened, and a clear loss of confidence followed, followed by a period of chop and change in the goalkeeper department.

Stability at the back is something we desperately need, and it's time we had a nailed on Number 1. Looks like Frankie is up for the challenge of hanging on to the Number 1 shirt, and it seems his attitude is top class also.

Let's hope he regains some of that confidence after such a good performance last night, and starts to show the level we know he is capable of.

Archived