IGNORED

Pitman And Other Former Players

citywest30

Started thinking about how many OTIB posters had thought we'd not made the most of having Pitman and that we shouldn't have got rid. Infact there was one thread where a number of people thought he'd easily get 20 goals in the Championship and that he was better than Baldock. Well I admit I'm starting to feel rather smug when I look at his stats - 27 games (inc15 as sub) and only 5 goals of which I'm sure 2 or 3 were pens. Now can't prove he wouldn't have done better than Sammy in League 1 but he's proving that he can't quite cut it at Championship level both goal wise and being good enough to start.

Got me thinking about other former players and found it ironic that other players which some posters had strong views on were now regulars for their new clubs and are doing well by all accounts - Skuse, Heaton, Gerken etc. Now I know a forum is a place for views and opinions but find it kinda funny that some people who think they are always right are being proven wrong by our former players.

STATS Appearances (sub), Goals

Davies 28 (15), 2

Pitman 27 (15), 5

Adomah 32(4), 9

Anderson 24 (8), 3

Skuse 36

Gerken 31

Heaton 36

Edwards 35

McAllister 24

Stead 12 (6), 1

Started thinking about how many OTIB posters had thought we'd not made the most of having Pitman and that we shouldn't have got rid. Infact there was one thread where a number of people thought he'd easily get 20 goals in the Championship and that he was better than Baldock. Well I admit I'm starting to feel rather smug when I look at his stats - 27 games (inc15 as sub) and only 5 goals of which I'm sure 2 or 3 were pens. Now can't prove he wouldn't have done better than Sammy in League 1 but he's proving that he can't quite cut it at Championship level both goal wise and being good enough to start.

Got me thinking about other former players and found it ironic that other players which some posters had strong views on were now regulars for their new clubs and are doing well by all accounts - Skuse, Heaton, Gerken etc. Now I know a forum is a place for views and opinions but find it kinda funny that some people who think they are always right are being proven wrong by our former players.

STATS Appearances (sub), Goals

Davies 28 (15), 2

Pitman 27 (15), 5

Adomah 32(4), 9

Anderson 24 (8), 3

Skuse 36

Gerken 31

Heaton 36

Edwards 35

McAllister 24

yep, just goes to show looking at that list how we mis-manage players as a club on masse

Admoah, Anderson, Skuse, Gerken, Heaton, Edwards, Pitman - all doing better since leaving city.

The only ones future i got wrong there was Gerken who im shocked has done so well for Ipswich,fair play to him.Just goes to show how people get on players back without realising there doing the job they are told to do.Never ever understood quite why people thought Pitman was so good and said it on here,Davies always made JET look like a workhorse yet  he got little stick for it on here,the rest with the exception of Stead have all proven they are solid good championship players

Collectively, they needed a rocket in the ass.

Makes me wonder how performances would have differed with Cotterill, Mick McCarthy or even Gary Johnson in charge.

Totally overpaid for their return, though. That's why we're struggling in league 1.

I like pitman I think he is a natural. What I would like to see is how good a goalscorer he really is in a good championship team.

What we have seen is him have a good strike rate in a poor city team. A season not really getting picked. And a season in a average cherries team.

If he would get the chance is another thing entirely, there is a reason he was overlooked by two managers, I certainly wasn't to do with his finishing :)

Fair comment, but we have 2 players who are matching that this season.

By prolific I'm talking about the 35? He got in league 2.

Just imagine what he could have got if he was there the whole season!

Not many get 35 any more. Prolific Super Bob only mustered 27 league goals.

Case of players on a nice wedge, in a good city getting comfortable at a mediocre club maybe?

Aye. City is easy street. Been like it for years. Turn up, take the large wage. No due diligence when signing players. Good players are okay, but they need the hunger and drive to succeed. I don't believe the owner or his managers other than Johnson ever looked enough into the type of player they were signing. I await the comments on Johnson and styvar ;)

Aye. City is easy street. Been like it for years. Turn up, take the large wage. No due diligence when signing players. Good players are okay, but they need the hunger and drive to succeed. I don't believe the owner or his managers other than Johnson ever looked enough into the type of player they were signing. I await the comments on Johnson and styvar ;)

And that's why the club will never amount to anything, the work ethic is all wrong as like you said its easy street and there is no hunger and desire to succeed long term.

Ha ha. Exactly! A bit quiet on here from certain posters who were saying he'd do just that.

Based on his 13 championship goals in 21 app. for a non chance creating City team perhaps?

Not unreasonable to think he would get 20+ playing regulary in a good Championship team.

Don't know what his circumstances have been at Bournemouth this season, but I woudn't gloat, or write him off, on the basis of 1 season if I were you.

Plenty of time still for Pitman to make you splutter embarrassingly on your guffaws - his record since leaving City for Bournemouth is better than 1 in 2.

Archived