IGNORED

Aden Flint

RedM

I am confused who's fans forum I am reading.

Perhaps people could come clean and list all the city players they would like to lose to serious injury?

If the same option was posted on the gas forum (about city players) I doubt there would be as many takers. Bizarre.

I think when he was in the middle of a widely spaced three-man defence with no-one making tackles in front of him, of course he looked shaky. Players were being allowed to run 50 yards plus straight towards Flint and obviously errors were made and they proved costly.

With a more sensible system in place, he looks an asset - our best player in the air it has to be said and of course, scorer of three goals. 

• Admin

I am confused who's fans forum I am reading.

Perhaps people could come clean and list all the city players they would like to lose to serious injury?

If the same option was posted on the gas forum (about city players) I doubt there would be as many takers. Bizarre.

Agree with you, but I'm assuming people referring to his injury are really trying to say that they see it as a blessing he is out of the side, it is just unfortunate that he got this bad injury.

The same could be said with getting El Abd out of the side, albeit via a suspension.

You only had to see how much more settled we were defensively without Flint / El Abd on Saturday to see there was a problem with the formation and their style of play.

I always think back to the City Vs Watford game three years ago, David James punches the ball into his own net in error - he gets dropped and our season took off into survival after that. Sometimes drastic changes do need to be made for the greater good of the side

There are several disgraceful comments about Aden Flint on this thread. Nobody should wish this painful and possibly career ending injury on any professional plying his trade. I saw him get injured at Shrewsbury. He was playing his heart out and after going down very badly, got up and carried on briefly  before finally having to go off. This was a man throwing everything into defending our slender lead and our ultimate victory had a lot to do with his performane that day. Shame on those who made those comments

Don't wish Aden any ill will at all, it's just that I think he is not a good footballer. We were in a panic when we bought him and like everybody else at the time I was hoping that at last we would have a dominant CB. However there's more to being a defender than being tall.  I wish him a complete recovery but my opinion is that our defence will be better without him.

Exactly - can't see any comments on here with regards to anyone not wanting him to recover from injury.

I may be misreading your post but are you saying it is ok to be happy one of our own players is injured as long as we dont say I hope it is permanent?

Soooooo confused about this....

I may be misreading your post but are you saying it is ok to be happy one of our own players is injured as long as we dont say I hope it is permanent?

Soooooo confused about this....

Think you are misreading it. Never said I wanted him to be injured - just happier he isn't in the side right now as I think Osbourne/Williams/Nosworthy are much better players.

Maybe he will come good next season.

Or good news depending on your view of Flint.

Think you are misreading it. Never said I wanted him to be injured - just happier he isn't in the side right now as I think Osbourne/Williams/Nosworthy are much better players.

Maybe he will come good next season.

I don't think there is much to misread. You said it was good news he is injured. Trying to backtrack now is hilarious!

Everything Phantom!! In fact I blame Lee Johnson and also we didn't win at Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final all those years ago. Those reasons Phantom are why Flint is injured now

See it all adds up

It's all to do with El Abd and the Grest Pyramid. I saw it on Ancient Aliens last week.

There are several disgraceful comments about Aden Flint on this thread. Nobody should wish this painful and possibly career ending injury on any professional plying his trade. I saw him get injured at Shrewsbury. He was playing his heart out and after going down very badly, got up and carried on briefly  before finally having to go off. This was a man throwing everything into defending our slender lead and our ultimate victory had a lot to do with his performane that day. Shame on those who made those comments

He also clapped us from his stretcher as he was being carried off.

i hope flinty dont read this.not exactly full of good wishes is it.

im a fan of our big man,always shows full commitment,hope he isnt out too long as we will need a big tall centreback at times and i think hes the best we have when teams play that hoofball game

Archived