IGNORED

Have We Turned The Corner ?

Major Isewater

• Admin

To those of you who go regularly to watch City ,have we turned the corner ?

It seems from afar that we are moving in the right direction finallly ,can you confirm or is it just an illusion ? Dawn's falsies ?

Think that it is too early to say, glimmers of improvement clearly but like IanIonger says, one defeat and it gets close again.

As much as I hate ever referring to them, but look at the Gas, went seven games unbeaten, one defeat and suddenly they are only four points away from relegation.

The problem is all the sides below us keep picking up points, nobody has self destructed yet like we did in the run in last season. Hopefully get a win at Colchester this weekend and set us up nicely going into the last eight games

Think that it is too early to say, glimmers of improvement clearly but like IanIonger says, one defeat and it gets close again.

As much as I hate ever referring to them, but look at the Gas, went seven games unbeaten, one defeat and suddenly they are only four points away from relegation.

The problem is all the sides below us keep picking up points, nobody has self destructed yet like we did in the run in last season. Hopefully get a win at Colchester this weekend and set us up nicely going into the last eight games

Notts County have self destructed, Colechester haven't won in 9 games, but I do agree that teams keep picking up points here and there every other week, not like other relegation battles we've been in, knowing whoever our relegation rivals were playing they would lose..

I stayed till the final whistle last weekend....that's not happened in a long while........things are improving

Don't know about turning corners or false dawns or waking sleeping giants etc but things certainly appear more rosy ...

NO of course we are not safe yet but going in right direction for sure... just need to keep it up

I feel sorry for all the moaners & knockers with nothing to do.....  nevermind

Yes I think so, last Saturday you have to remember we had a lot of tired legs from Tuesday. So that was a good result, the defence seems to be in order now so that's a start. Offensively JET is a bit hit and miss but I think Saturday I'm confident of a win :-)

We have turned a small corner. I didn't witness any of the last 3 victories so my last game before that was Tranmere which was dreadful to say the least. After watching Saturday, I noticed a big improvement in the whole squad!

The midfield especially. It looks so much more composed and solid now, but the players have to keep this form up and I believe they will, following up with a win at Colchester.

You Reds!

Been saying for weeks that if SC persisted with El Bad & Flint at the back then safety would be in doubt.

Now that pairing has been broken up + Nosworthy in = staying up no problem.

We'll always score goals and now I predict we'll see less goals conceded.

4 points from the next 2 games I think and that will all but be enough.

Far too early to say if we have in the long term but clearly Cotterill's results over the same number of games as O'Driscoll show he has significantly improved us for our short term aim, staying up.

His signing of Wade Elliott may well turn out to be his most important one and his tactical switch of Baldock has been smart.

We're obviously not right yet defensively but let's stop this El-Bad nonsense, simply embarrassing.

Been saying for weeks that if SC persisted with El Bad & Flint at the back then safety would be in doubt.

Now that pairing has been broken up + Nosworthy in = staying up no problem.

We'll always score goals and now I predict we'll see less goals conceded.

4 points from the next 2 games I think and that will all but be enough.

Saturday was the first game the both didn't play and we didn't win.....

1 loss and all the teams around us win we're 2 points away from the zone it's panic stations again.. If we stay up I believe we have turned a corner..

Except now there are enough teams between us and the drop zone that it is getting increasingly unlikely that they will all win - and probably impossible as at least one pair will be playing each other.

Certainly not time to relax (far from it) - but it is time to keep the momentum going and have the team start to look upwards and aim for as high a position as possible instead of playing with fear. Tenth is doable still, it's only 6 points away... but please no "we'll make the playoffs" quotes, it's unlikely even if we win all the remainng matches!

Yes, but we got a clean sheet! Also, more than happy for one of them to play (preferably Flint) just not BOTH!

I think you have a point Kid. Two slowies together = not good.

I think if he stays with us for a while Aden Flint might be regarded the same as Jamie McCoombe: Some derided JM as a "donkey" after a couple of highly visible footwork failures, but most now realise that a big defender who scores goals and cuts out nearly everything in the air is a positive asset.

Think at the end of the day, it's a game of two halves and 5 cliches can't go into 4 spaces.

The boys are again giving 110% and soon again AG will be packed to the rafters as this is a massive club with massive potential.

Taking it one game at a time, holistically speaking, no; we have not turned a corner. Third flight, mid-table is, historically speaking, pretty typical.

I'd say we're on a roundabout but that might just be some image-association in my head from having just played Swindon. I'm off to **** a goat.

Think at the end of the day, it's a game of two halves and 5 cliches can't go into 4 spaces.

The boys are again giving 110% and soon again AG will be packed to the rafters as this is a massive club with massive potential.

Taking it one game at a time, holistically speaking, no; we have not turned a corner. Third flight, mid-table is, historically speaking, pretty typical.

I'd say we're on a roundabout but that might just be some image-association in my head from having just played Swindon. I'm off to **** a goat.

That would make interesting half time entertainment.

I think you have a point Kid. Two slowies together = not good.

I think if he stays with us for a while Aden Flint might be regarded the same as Jamie McCoombe: Some derided JM as a "donkey" after a couple of highly visible footwork failures, but most now realise that a big defender who scores goals and cuts out nearly everything in the air is a positive asset.

Yes, and what Flint needs is to play alongside a leader and a pacey defender to cover him. It's basic stuff.

The season before Flint joined us he was part of a Swindle defence that conceded just 15 goals at home from 23 league games. He's good enough, no doubt in my mind.

Yes, and what Flint needs is to play alongside a leader and a pacey defender to cover him. It's basic stuff. The season before Flint joined us he was part of a Swindle defence that conceded just 15 goals at home from 23 league games. He's good enough, no doubt in my mind.

Prone to agree with that. A centre half to do basic stuff like heading and generally being a gert big, uncultured, bastard isn't necessarilly a bad thing.

Shaun Taylor, albeit with a whole career of experiance on his side, was of that ilk. Both free-transfers off Swindle, too.

Both hopefully tested for beastualuty enduced aids as part of the medical, too. But you never know with this club.

Yes, but we got a clean sheet! Also, more than happy for one of them to play (preferably Flint) just not BOTH!

I was just being padantic Kid :), We looked solid saturday the first time in a very long time, Both are too slow to play together which is the main problem,

Its not just the defenders playing Gillett in the holding role has been a master stroke as well

OMG :laugh:

goat1.png

Archived