IGNORED

Have We Turned The Corner ?

Major Isewater

If we can get a couple of wins in the next 4 games I'll start to feel easier. At least we've now got more teams below us and they'll be playing each other on occasions so can't all win even if they're playing well.

More importantly we have to play several of them ourselves. Lots of "6 pointers" to come. Its in our own hands now. I think we will comfortably survive.

You're certainly not out of the woods re cliches, mate:)

Think there will be even more daylight so long as everyone keeps believing and realising we nred to keep doing what we're doing, if you like.

#absolutebanter coyr

"You're certainly not out of the woods re cliches, mate:) "

You've goat to be kidding !

I was just being padantic Kid :), We looked solid saturday the first time in a very long time, Both are too slow to play together which is the main problem,

Its not just the defenders playing Gillett in the holding role has been a master stroke as well

Yet Doncaster won this league last year conceding very few goals with Jamie McCombe and the even slower Rob Jones as their 2 centre backs.

I'd say we have turned the corner.

The win at Carlisle was not enough to boost confidence and belief to the level required. Neither were the two wins at Christmas. The win at Orient and the last four games along with a couple of decent looking loan signings making an impact should do the trick.

What we need then is 12-15 lads and a team that can perform over 40 games.

Think 4 games of good form is too soon to say 'turned the corner'. I reckon 4 points from the next two games I.e. a totally of 4 wins and 2 draws in 6 games = turned the corner.

As others have said, although things look promising we're still currently only one game away from being right back in the thick of it. We need to keep this good run going.

We have a lot of winnable games left. Colchester are on a poor run. Port Vale should have been beaten easily at their place. Preston looks like the hardest left but weren't much better than us at their place. Walsall are bottom of the form league. Then its 3 teams in the relegation zone and Crawley away. We definitely should be safe if we continue the form we've had since SC came in.  

1 loss and all the teams around us win we're 2 points away from the zone it's panic stations again.. If we stay up I believe we have turned a corner..

Just a minor point, but for all the teams around us to win, they'd none of them have to be be playing each other. With 8 teams below us that's highly unlikely. It's been suggested elsewhere that 8 points from 8 games would see us safe. If so, then our worst run of the season would probably do the business.

PS Fortunate post that, with all those 8's ;)

Archived