IGNORED

A Question Of Grounds

The Humble Realist

So having lived in bristol for approx 15 years and hearing loads and loads of noise from both bristol clubs about stadium developments it appears both clubs are set to finally achieve something !

Rejoice !

However, would groundsharing have sped up the developments I.e. would we be sharing a new stadium by now already built and would this be better for both clubs (3 if rugby too) ?

2nd question, are u ultimately happy with our development ? I am happy we are finally doing something but ultimately feel like we are settling for 2nd best .

Thoughts ?

If it was not for are George f we would be at Ashton vale he did not want us to sale to a supermarket because his shop in Bedminster

Sainsburys has nothing to do with it. That went through fine, it was the nimbys who lived near the av site claiming that they used it for ice skating every summer for 500 years that put the spanners in the works.

As for the OP I was initially disappointed because av looked unique. But we are staying at our spiritual home, with a lower bowl and a couple of unique stands. People who are disappointed about it being bowl like im sure didn't complain when ag was a standing bowl in the 70's etc. The design has grown on me, and the fact that I can still walk to the stadium, drink in the same pubs etc (plus in the ground and at the new bars!) has swung it for me. I've heard the argument that its a second rate stadia done on the cheap, it is not this, sl is spending 40 million and it will be done properly, with a 27k capacity that will suit us fine, dare I say it even in the premier league (Bar 1 or 2 games, look at stoke etc).

Sainsburys has nothing to do with it. That went through fine, it was the nimbys who lived near the av site claiming that they used it for ice skating every summer for 500 years that put the spanners in the works.

As for the OP I was initially disappointed because av looked unique. But we are staying at our spiritual home, with a lower bowl and a couple of unique stands. People who are disappointed about it being bowl like im sure didn't complain when ag was a standing bowl in the 70's etc. The design has grown on me, and the fact that I can still walk to the stadium, drink in the same pubs etc (plus in the ground and at the new bars!) has swung it for me. I've heard the argument that its a second rate stadia done on the cheap, it is not this, sl is spending 40 million and it will be done properly, with a 27k capacity that will suit us fine, dare I say it even in the premier league (Bar 1 or 2 games, look at stoke etc).

. Great shout cider red, spot on

Does anyone know when the time limit runs out for a judicial review for AG, it must be imminent? SL said on 22nd January once he'd signed some document in the next few days it would be six weeks from then.

People shouldn't complain about the new stadium, we are getting it for free after all.

Does anyone know when the time limit runs out for a judicial review for AG, it must be imminent? SL said on 22nd January once he'd signed some document in the next few days it would be six weeks from then.

People shouldn't complain about the new stadium, we are getting it for free after all.

Today I thought

Numerous posts and threads last couple of days including this one:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161845-suprised-there-has-been-no-official-news-on-this/#entry1998871

Basically it is felt the JR period would appear to have been and gone.

I used to travel to the US a lot on business and found that most US sports stadia are soulless bowls with very little atmosphere or occasion.

Two notable exceptions however are the Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs Baseball team and, especially, Fenway Park, home of the Boston Redsox.  It is notable that BOTH of these are old (by American standards they are prehistoric), yet they are venerable and magnificent.

If you ever get the chance, go to an evening Redsox game at Fenway Park, just wonderful.

Consequently, I am glad if we are staying at Ashton Gate.  In a time where every town, every High Street and every football ground is becoming a clone of all the others, it would be wonderful to have an old (redeveloped, yes, with good amenities yes), venerable, character-filled ground.  Somewhere where, if you were an away fan, you would look forward to visiting the entire season.

Keep Ashton Gate and keep our history say I.

I used to travel to the US a lot on business and found that most US sports stadia are soulless bowls with very little atmosphere or occasion.

Two notable exceptions however are the Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs Baseball team and, especially, Fenway Park, home of the Boston Redsox.  It is notable that BOTH of these are old (by American standards they are prehistoric), yet they are venerable and magnificent.

If you ever get the chance, go to an evening Redsox game at Fenway Park, just wonderful.

Consequently, I am glad if we are staying at Ashton Gate.  In a time where every town, every High Street and every football ground is becoming a clone of all the others, it would be wonderful to have an old (redeveloped, yes, with good amenities yes), venerable, character-filled ground.  Somewhere where, if you were an away fan, you would look forward to visiting the entire season.

Keep Ashton Gate and keep our history say I.

Went to the Cubbies last April. Brilliant old fashioned stadium.

Love the fact that houses overlooking the field have stadium seating fitted to their roofs - it's almost like the houses at the Atyeo end could of had stadium seating in their roofs when it used to be the open end.

Like it :clap: :clap: :clap:

If I remember rightly didn't Sainsbury's get knocked back first time of asking and had to make changes to the access points,now perhaps it's just me but the access to the Filton Av site ( I live just up the road)is a lot worse than Ashton yet flew through.

Archived