IGNORED

F P Last Night.

95 red

It was another interesting meeting, which I will state again, WAS open to anyone that would have liked to have attended.

Several matters were discussed and I believe that everything that was wanted to be discussed, was covered.

I do not have the minutes. These will no doubt followin due course, so i am replying off the top of my head.

Regarding the stadium redevelopment, we were consulted on the plans over the next couple of seasons about where current East end fans will be offered incentivised prices to congregate as a new "home", where the away fans will be situated and what order and time scale the redevelopment will take place. We have been asked not to put these plans into the public domain until the club have finalised there announcements. That said, the thinking behind every decision was clearly explained by the Club Reps and the overall opinion was that, whilst some people will face inevitabe disruption during the redevelopment of AG, the club have looked and every option and taken the best steps that they can to address all potential issues. The plans were unanimously agreed.

The club hope to have a Webcam for supporters to keep an eye on the redevelopment.

There are no special offers on tickets planned for the last game. We are not yet sure how many tickets we will have to allocate to Crewe. It may be a huge game for them and we are trying to keep their allocation as low as possible, but we are also obligated by FL rules to HAVE to give them a certain percentage of tickets, IF they are able to sell them.

East end momento's will be available to buy for donations to the community trust or Atyeo statue fund and now dismantling of the EE will be tollerated by fans at the last game, understandably.

Season ticket announcements will be made by the club soon, with a structured sales period for each stand, allowing renewals and "re-housing" of those that will need to move to make way for redevelopment, getting a period to take priority, with an open day meeting to be held for each stand, for the plans and reasoning behind decisions to be made clear to everyone who might be effected. We were not told prices but were asked for a show of hands on what peoples expectations were with regards to prices for next season. This was 95% in favour of freezing prices. Nobody voted that they expected lower prices and 2 voted that they might expect a minimal increase.

We were shown an "almost finalised" design prototype of next seasons shirts, which are a clean, simple, retro design. with what most would deam to be out traditional home and away colours. We have been asked not to say anymore until the final designs have been completed and signed off.

The whole set up of the "fans parliment" was discussed, with several suggestions being made. The resounding feeling was that a change of name would help to dispell the misconception of what the meetings are. People in attendance all discussed the election process and generally agreed that is caused some confusion and changes were discussed to make it more open and approachable to all, even though it always has been!

That is all I have time for now!

Cheers

Rob

• Admin

Regarding the stadium redevelopment, we were consulted on the plans over the next couple of seasons about where current East end fans will be offered incentivised prices to congregate as a new "home", where the away fans will be situated and what order and time scale the redevelopment will take place. We have been asked not to put these plans into the public domain until the club have finalised there announcements.

We were shown an "almost finalised" design prototype of next seasons shirts, which are a clean, simple, retro design. with what most would deam to be out traditional home and away colours. We have been asked not to say anymore until the final designs have been completed and signed off.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Still don't understand why some things are kept as a "closed shop" when it is an open invite - oh well ce la vie

It was another interesting meeting, which I will state again, WAS open to anyone that would have liked to have attended.

Indeed, but that is why we have the "reps" to represent us

The resounding feeling was that a change of name would help to dispell the misconception of what the meetings are. People in attendance all discussed the election process and generally agreed that is caused some confusion and changes were discussed to make it more open and approachable to all, even though it always has been!

Sounds like a good idea, essentially those in attendance are volunteers, so should get recognition that way

Still don't understand why some things are kept as a "closed shop" when it is an open invite - oh well ce la vie

stadium design stuff thats not be finalised I can understand to be fair

• Admin

stadium design stuff thats not be finalised I can understand to be fair

Fair point - not really FP related, but still find it odd that we haven't seen any new designs since the suggestion of the safe standing going to the back of the new EE

Fair point - not really FP related, but still find it odd that we haven't seen any new designs since the suggestion of the safe standing going to the back of the new EE

I think we will once monday rolls around and there is no dispute in out new devlopment,

To be fair to the club we are extremely limited in what we can do so I personally think they won't be much different then what we've seen previously

Still don't understand why some things are kept as a "closed shop" when it is an open invite - oh well c'est la vie

I would assume it's as simple as the club want to be the ones to present the news, as they did last night. If it's coming from a third party it's much easier to misinterpret or get your facts wrong.

Simply because the club have wanted to keep things "under the radar" until such a time as the objection deadline closes. This has now passed as we should have final confirmation that no objections were received in other courts by Monday - so expect an announcement from the club next week.

I would assume it's as simple as the club want to be the ones to present the news, as they did last night. If it's coming from a third party it's much easier to misinterpret or get your facts wrong.

Exactly this. They run things past us, to check there are no major objections. They naturally want to be the ones to decide when and how info is delivered to the public. Quite rightly so. It should not be down to the likes of me to pass on major club news and decisions via a media such as this.

The purpose of last night was to have one last tier of consultation with fans to make sure that we hadn't missed anything. It was a very useful meeting, and has resulted in a couple of changes to our proposals following input from supporters. We will now produce all the relevant leaflets, web material etc, and all supporters will be informed of the arrangements for tickets, seat moves etc, within the next couple of weeks.

The next couple of years will require patience and understanding on all sides as we build for the future and give fans the first class stadium

you deserve. It will be worth it.

But Dave, it's just a talking shop

I think you're being unfair. The club have changed some things based on suggestions made and have made a big effort to keep people informed. It's impossible for any club to incorporate every suggestion made by the fans as different people want different things. There is also the issue of money! A 5% improvement in some feature might increase the costs for that feature by 25%. The club has to balance the benefits against the costs.

If I would have went to the meeting I would have been privy to the information but as I didn't go the representatives are not allowed to tell me a number if things and people wonder it's seen as a closed shop. Very disapointed there seems to be no ticket offers for ths last games. It could be a nothing game for us so the crowd will be low.

Regarding the stadium redevelopment, we were consulted on the plans over the next couple of seasons about where current East end fans will be offered incentivised prices to congregate as a new "home", where the away fans will be situated and what order and time scale the redevelopment will take place. We have been asked not to put these plans into the public domain until the club have finalised there announcements. That said, the thinking behind every decision was clearly explained by the Club Reps and the overall opinion was that, whilst some people will face inevitable disruption during the redevelopment of AG, the club have looked and every option and taken the best steps that they can to address all potential issues. The plans were unanimously agreed.

The Fans Parliament "appear" to have unanimously agreed to an area for fans in the Eastend beyond next season.

This has been done without the plans being made public, none or close to no representation from the stand in question present.

Was anything taken in to account from the East end fans meeting or was that a waste of their evening?

The club hope to have a Webcam for supporters to keep an eye on the redevelopment.

There are no special offers on tickets planned for the last game. We are not yet sure how many tickets we will have to allocate to Crewe. It may be a huge game for them and we are trying to keep their allocation as low as possible, but we are also obligated by FL rules to HAVE to give them a certain percentage of tickets, IF they are able to sell them.

East end momento's will be available to buy for donations to the community trust or Atyeo statue fund and now dismantling of the EE will be tollerated by fans at the last game, understandably.

Hope that webcam has a slacking button. We see a builder slacking and we hit the button.

Also I assume that the EE will not allowed to be dismantled by fans...booooooooooooooo!

The Fans Parliament "appear" to have unanimously agreed to an area for fans in the Eastend beyond next season.

This has been done without the plans being made public, none or close to no representation from the stand in question present.

Was anything taken in to account from the East end fans meeting or was that a waste of their evening?

To be fair im pretty sure there has been an east end meeting already, although I didn't go and feel a bit in the dark. I've been in the east end for the last 5 odd years, and don't know where everyone is planning on going next year?

To be fair im pretty sure there has been an east end meeting already, although I didn't go and feel a bit in the dark. I've been in the east end for the last 5 odd years, and don't know where everyone is planning on going next year?

To be fair, there was, as I understand, an east end meeting. There are monthly Supporters Trust meetings that are open for all to attend, there are quarterly FP meetings, that are open for all to attend. I'm not really sure what more people expect the club to do to get involved in decision making prior to final decisions being made.

People are welcome to attend, yet in general don't. I have other things to do, but I seee these things as important, so I make the time. If people don't do that, then I'm not sure why they see fit to moan about not being involved....?!

That is not a dig at anyone - i am simply saying that the club are as open and approachable to anyone who wants to comment, either directly or via someone on these committees, yet only choose to moan that they were not involved.

EVERYBODY has the opportunity, it's down to those who make the effort to constructively contribute.

Regarding the stadium redevelopment, we were consulted on the plans over the next couple of seasons about where current East end fans will be offered incentivised prices to congregate as a new "home",

A season, or seasons? Not all fans necessarily congregate in a stand due to lower price tickets.

To be fair, there was, as I understand, an east end meeting. There are monthly Supporters Trust meetings that are open for all to attend, there are quarterly FP meetings, that are open for all to attend. I'm not really sure what more people expect the club to do to get involved in decision making prior to final decisions being made.

People are welcome to attend, yet in general don't. I have other things to do, but I seee these things as important, so I make the time. If people don't do that, then I'm not sure why they see fit to moan about not being involved....?!

That is not a dig at anyone - i am simply saying that the club are as open and approachable to anyone who wants to comment, either directly or via someone on these committees, yet only choose to moan that they were not involved.

EVERYBODY has the opportunity, it's down to those who make the effort to constructively contribute.

If my post came across as a moan it wasn't, I acknowledge there have been meetings I could have attended. I was just pointing out that i'm not sure where the ee is being relocated too for next year! Does anyone know?

Thanks Rob.

On the subject of Crewe - and I appreciate I may be in a minority - but how about giving Crewe the Ateyo, and opening up the whole EE to City fans?

Use a voucher system - EE season Ticket holders have first dibs, and then Ateyo ticket holders who would have to move, and then anyone else who wanted to swap their ST seats for an EE voucher?

It would be great to have the old lady packed out with 100% City for the very last time.

Surprised this hasn't already been discussed.

I'd be in favour, and I'm sure the Ateyo ST holders wouldn't be too put out to send the EE out with a bang, however I'm sure there is some logistical problem that means the away fans have to go in the EE. However there best be no netting at that game

Archived