IGNORED

Wes Burns

Redrobbin

To me a great talent, that can run at, and worry the opposing back line.

Something we haven't seen in this capacity since Albert Adomah.

With the extra ability of delivering constant quality crosses into the penalty area.

Something Albert was unable to do consistently.

I know he is still young and learnig his trade, but here is my question, I do admit

I know little of Wes, besides he has progressed through the acadamy along with Joe and Bobby.

But I do wonder why he is not starting games more often than he is.

He; from what I have seen is certainly more of a player than his cameo roles so far, suggest.

Why is he not played more? Is he seen as a luxury player, not suited to our league

Position. ?

Thoughts please.

I think he's not been played more because he's being let in fairly gently and being used as a sub so he can run at tired defenders making his job a bit easier and also making him look more impressive (not saying he hasn't been good, he's impressed and got me of my seat nearly every game ive seen him)

I think he's not been played more because he's being let in fairly gently and being used as a sub so he can run at tired defenders making his job a bit easier and also making him look more impressive (not saying he hasn't been good, he's impressed and got me of my seat nearly every game ive seen him)

Seems sensable. All depends on Wes's character with regard to the feeling his way

Into the team. He's young and your therory of not rushing him in and potentially

Destroying his contedence is viable.

But I do recall one of SODS interviews as to why Joe Coles obvious potencal talent

Didn't materialise into what could have been an outstanding Career.

Was Down to his youth days at West Ham, no one telling him. "You know what Joe

Your s*** at this, that, etc". Being wet nursed basiclly, pampered.

With the extra ability of delivering constant quality crosses into the penalty area.

I know he is still young and learnig his trade, but here is my question, I do admit

I know little of Wes, besides he has progressed through the acadamy along with Joe and Bobby.

He; from what I have seen is certainly more of a player than his cameo roles so far, suggest.

Why is he not played more? Is he seen as a luxury player, not suited to our league

Position. ?

Thoughts please.

I think that because he is so effective from the bench SC believed Wes to be a real weapon against tiring defenders. I also think that as he has not been as exposed to as much first team football as Reid and Bryan have, he is being eased in gently.

SC rates Wes but as he was completely out of the picture under SOD I think he has come a long way in a short time. He will be a fans favourite and in my opinion go on to have more of a career than Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan.

Why oh why did it take so long to get him on today? Should have been on straight after their equaliser but he waited 10 minutes talking him through something according to radio bristol. What is there to say?? Get on and run at people?!

By the time he was finally brought on it was too late, barely had a touch.

I think Cotts has handled our young guns well, especially Wes, in what has been a difficult season to introduce the kids.

once we are mathmatically safe and planning for next season can start without any fear of relegation, we will then the young guys getting more games to show far they have progressed

Position. ?

Thoughts please.

He's a good talent for sure and yes another club in the box so to speak, but he seems to take 5-10 mins to settle when he comes on as a sub.

Going off subject somewhat. ( my main point being Wes Burns).

When was the last time he played for England?

For anyone for that matter?

My point was he has had an outstanding career. 56 England caps proves that. He had a lot of problems with injuries and was never blessed with pace, those two things did for him. BTW he played in the last World Cup and was probably the only player to come out of it with any credit albeit sub appearances.

Anyway we'll agree to disagree but I'd still call his an outstanding career

I think Wes needs a bit of work on his final ball improve that then he could go a long way but I think sc has done well with all the young guns we have by resting them ect not to burn them out so to speak

He has certainly rested the young guns. Joe has hardly featured since SC has come in.

Bobby Reid has had patchy appearances, not aided by injury, but when he has played he seems he has been off his game of late.

Wes is the only youngster who has featured regularly, and as said only in a bit part role.

Maybe as touched on, SC feels that experience and results are of course our main concern in our present predicament.

Wes is moving to a championship team up north at the end of the season. Already been looking for a house. Source: his mrs being a bit of a loud mouth.

I try not to get involved with this sort of discussion, but because of the gaffers influence and assistance on wes i feel i should.

I can guarantee you the above post is not true.

Wes will be with BCFC next year.

SC and JL have been superb with wes, as have all the back room staff and coaches, and he is going nowhere.

Yes of course there is interest elsewhere, but please don't post this sort of inaccurate rubbish.

I try not to get involved with this sort of discussion, but because of the gaffers influence and assistance on wes i feel i should.

SC and JL have been superb with wes, as have all the back room staff and coaches, and he is going nowhere.

Yes of course there is interest elsewhere, but please don't post this sort of inaccurate rubbish.

Best not tell his missus then.

loyalty in football shocker!

Great news and thanks for sharing.

I have had the pleasure of watching Wes ruining defences for the last couple of years u18s and u21s ,I think what city are doing at the moment is great just bring him on now and again and not putting to much pressure on him lets not forget we are in a relegation scrap at the moment .last thing we want to do is ruin the the kid I think in a few years time we are going to have a top player on our hands and the speculation about moves will be talked about but if he or city do decide to sell we will get a good fee .

• Admin

Have to say, in my opinion that Wes does have the most exciting potential that I have seen for a while.

As good as Adomah and Bolasie were, I never felt that their quality of crossing was good enough, equally they never seemed to play on the strength of their pace.

Wes to me is already a better crosser of the ball, sitting in A block of the Dolman, I get a great angle on the quality of balls he puts into the box.

There is clearly a fine line between, over playing a younger player and burning him out, and not playing him enough and he loses faith in the manager.

As we have got from the 'horses mouth' (well next best thing), he clearly is happy with the way things are progressing, he will get his time at City and am sure in the future when the time is right he will, if we don't progress move on to a higher standard of football.

It will also be interesting to see how he progresses on the international stage

Archived