IGNORED

Leeds In The Pooh?

I'd have thought that pinning down which country a sea going vessel should be paying its taxes to is pretty tricky at the best of times.

Why hasn't Jim Bowen been arrested yet? there must be a couple of dozen tax evasion cases in the Berkshire area because of him.

This is sounding extremely similar to Portsmouth

I would be delighted if Leeds did a Portsmouth, or better yet wound up completely. I grew around there in the Revie era and Leeds were the dirtiest, most cynical football club ever. Revie went on to manage England and then ran out for money in the middle east. Even now, there's a statue of Billy Bremner outside the ground, still a hero to them but in reality one of the nastiest footballers ever to stain a football pitch. Vile, vile, vile club and they deserve everything they get - happy days.

I would be delighted if Leeds did a Portsmouth, or better yet wound up completely. I grew around there in the Revie era and Leeds were the dirtiest, most cynical football club ever. Revie went on to manage England and then ran out for money in the middle east. Even now, there's a statue of Billy Bremner outside the ground, still a hero to them but in reality one of the nastiest footballers ever to stain a football pitch. Vile, vile, vile club and they deserve everything they get - happy days.

A lot of people used to think the same about Norman Hunter as they did Billy Bremner until Norman signed for us. Still one of the greatest ever moments in English football when Dave MacKay grabbed Billy Bremner for being a dirty fouling bastard........

dave-mackay-grabs-billy-bremner-of-leeds

A lot of people used to think the same about Norman Hunter as they did Billy Bremner until Norman signed for us. Still one of the greatest ever moments in English football when Dave MacKay grabbed Billy Bremner for being a dirty fouling bastard........

Love that photo. Whatever was Bremner playing at mixing it with Dave Mackey!!

I never could quite forgive Norman Hunter for his time at Leeds, but at least he was honest in his brutality. On the other hand there was a cynical, nasty sort of sneakiness about Bremner - makes me shudder just to think about the horrible little man.

If Bremner played today he'd have gone down holding his face in agony with one eye peering through his fingers. I miss proper blokes playing football.

Abramovich doesn't own Chelsea's pitch !!!!! :cool:  Writing of Chelsea, they almost went under in the 70s and again in the 80s - now look where they are !!!!!

But if Abramovich loses interest and calls in his loans where may they end up again ?

If Bremner played today he'd have gone down holding his face in agony with one eye peering through his fingers. I miss proper blokes playing football.

Dave Mackay, of course, was a gentleman who wouldn't hurt a fly ;) Different era, different game...

Archived