IGNORED

Leeds In The Pooh?

GFH won't let them go to pot, but clearly without owning training ground or stadium they are going to loose money hand over fist.

For once the FA have again got it right.. that's twice in a week..

they haven't learnt their lession,

fans fear a second administration is on its way so that could be another 10 point deduction (which would be taken next season I think)

Etherway thats pretty shocking, but sadly thats what the championship has become thanks to the prem and chasing the dream of getting a slice of the billionaires pie

Given the variety of scoundrels, crooks, human rights abusers and straightforward nutcases who've been allowed to buy clubs, it's a bit ironic that this guy is barred from doing so because he didn't pay import duties on a yacht! Now I don't pretend to be an expert on these things, but I'd have thought that pinning down which country a sea going vessel should be paying its taxes to is pretty tricky at the best of times.

However, couldn't happen to a nicer club - so yes it is quite funny!

Given the variety of scoundrels, crooks, human rights abusers and straightforward nutcases who've been allowed to buy clubs, it's a bit ironic that this guy is barred from doing so because he didn't pay import duties on a yacht! Now I don't pretend to be an expert on these things, but I'd have thought that pinning down which country a sea going vessel should be paying its taxes to is pretty tricky at the best of times.

Absolutely correct, the authorities really did their homework on Yeung at Birmingham? and there are more than a few others with much bigger clubs.

It's actually not that tricky, EU law governed.

Yes, thank the lord I'll never have to worry about where tax on a yacht has to be paid!

I wonder whether the problem is that lots of chairmen/owners are known to be pretty dodgy, but there's no actual proof of this, and the FA risk well-funded legal challenges if they say someone is not fit & proper without a smoking gun they can rely on?

Any traffic wardens on here that could see their way to giving Nick Higgs a few parking tickets??

Think you will find it's 1m a MONTH.

That's alright then!

As someone who lived in Leeds for many years and is married to a Leeds lass, I should have great empathy for the plight of LUFC.... but I don't.

Really not sure where they'll go from here unless they get a Russian billionaire (unlikely in the current political climate!) or an Emirates oil sheik coming to bail them out with billions. To be fair, they must be an attractive prospect in some respects but the club just seems to be a basket case. The next Portsmouth?

That's alright then!

As someone who lived in Leeds for many years and is married to a Leeds lass, I should have great empathy for the plight of LUFC.... but I don't.

Really not sure where they'll go from here unless they get a Russian billionaire (unlikely in the current political climate!) or an Emirates oil sheik coming to bail them out with billions. To be fair, they must be an attractive prospect in some respects but the club just seems to be a basket case. The next Portsmouth?

They would if they had any assets, have already been bought up years ago. Trouble is they've flogged everything they owned - the stadium, the training ground and probably the fish tank in the reception.

They would if they had any assets, have already been bought up years ago. Trouble is they've flogged everything they owned - the stadium, the training ground and probably the fish tank in the reception.

Yeah, but in the grand scheme of oil wealth, the ground and a new training centre can be purchased or built. As they have no assets, I can't imagine the club itself costing a great deal. The fan base and potential exists, it's just been horribly managed over the years. Like I said though, I have little sympathy

Archived