IGNORED

Anger...

BUTOR

2) there is no allocated Eastend congregation area to be set as I've heard, and any ST holders in the ee have two stands to choose from.

According to the FP thread that is not correct, the ST holders in the EE are being offered cheap tickets in an area of the Williams stand.

The rest of us, meanwhile, have to pay full price :protest:

Hasn't it already been said that Atyeo ST holders get first choice? I'm getting moved by the sounds of it for away fans - I won't get to sit near all the guys I've got to know over the years next season either, but I'll guess I'll just get on with it!! Oh sorry forgot I'm not as important as you, not being an EE superfan ;)

There is a simple solution to all these problems, which is already in operation in part of Ashton Gate.

You pay one price (adult), with discounts for OAP's etc, for a season ticket in your chosen stand, and then you sit wherever there is a spare seat, I.e. First come first served for any seat within the stand for which you have a ticket.

No problems with sitting near friends or family, provided you get in the ground early enough, no long queues near to kick off time, as those who want to sit together get in early to sit in their chosen seat.

Problem solved.

There is a simple solution to all these problems, which is already in operation in part of Ashton Gate.

You pay one price (adult), with discounts for OAP's etc, for a season ticket in your chosen stand, and then you sit wherever there is a spare seat, I.e. First come first served for any seat within the stand for which you have a ticket.

No problems with sitting near friends or family, provided you get in the ground early enough, no long queues near to kick off time, as those who want to sit together get in early to sit in their chosen seat.

Problem solved.

Maybe an option, but for me one of the reasons for getting a ST is to give me the choice of when I get there, without worrying about if I can find a seat.

As I stated before, I'll just live with the upheaval for a season or two.

Hasn't it already been said that Atyeo ST holders get first choice? I'm getting moved by the sounds of it for away fans - I won't get to sit near all the guys I've got to know over the years next season either, but I'll guess I'll just get on with it!! Oh sorry forgot I'm not as important as you, not being an EE superfan ;)

So then, you are correct,correct,correct, correct and correct, five out of five,very good.I think we are all going to have to get used to being pushed from pillar to post for a few years,the ends will justify the means hopefully. :-)

What is the matter with the eastenders. When development is complete they will have a spanking new double size stand with potential standing areas and far better facilities. The downside for them will be that the away fans will be at the other end of the ground in the Atyeo stand so they will not be able to wave their arms and shout at them. Their will be real potential to create a real  atmosphere in the new Eastend when its built with the current Eastenders and the current Atyeo supporters sharing a stand. I was at the meeting last night as I am affected by the relocation of away fans. David LLoyd and the other speakers did a fantastic job in dealing with concerns raised. Everything was explained clearly regarding access, public safety, facilities etc, but you cannot please everybody. The ground cannot be altered without inconvenience to supporters so lets not look for another reason to slate the club. Lets get behind the team on and off the pitch. In a couple of years time we shall have a stadium to be proud of. Be patient.

:grr::grr::grr:

This will have been discussed at the recent meeting for people who go in the Eastend in the same vain as last nights...and has been discussed to death on here, surely?!?

No offence, but why do Eastenders (in general...or at least many of those who post on here) seem feel this passionate need to have their whims catered for, yet when the opportunity arises to have an input, like the other week, no-one bothers to show.

Last night there was over a hundred of us. When the similar meeting was held for the EE the other week a whopping 19 showed. 19. If the people in the stand can't be arsed, why should the club?!? Yet despite this, the club have bothered, and decisions have been made and spoken about at length on here.

Sorry....rant over....just gets my back up sometimes.

Hey enjoy tonight people - COYR (sorry - wanted to end on a positive note!)

Not wishing to continue the "which stand is best" argument but to me the Atyeo event was advertised much more than the one for the East End. There is also the fact that there are approx 1000 East End ST holders yet probably at least 3x this is the Atyeo.

What is the matter with the eastenders. When development is complete they will have a spanking new double size stand with potential standing areas and far better facilities. The downside for them will be that the away fans will be at the other end of the ground in the Atyeo stand so they will not be able to wave their arms and shout at them. Their will be real potential to create a real  atmosphere in the new Eastend when its built with the current Eastenders and the current Atyeo supporters sharing a stand. I was at the meeting last night as I am affected by the relocation of away fans. David LLoyd and the other speakers did a fantastic job in dealing with concerns raised. Everything was explained clearly regarding access, public safety, facilities etc, but you cannot please everybody. The ground cannot be altered without inconvenience to supporters so lets not look for another reason to slate the club. Lets get behind the team on and off the pitch. In a couple of years time we shall have a stadium to be proud of. Be patient.

its just people going off on one with out the facts again.....

So then, you are correct,correct,correct, correct and correct, five out of five,very good.I think we are all going to have to get used to being pushed from pillar to post for a few years,the ends will justify the means hopefully. :-)

Spot on I think mate, as I said we'll all just have to live with it and stop looking at it as tho we are all some kind of special case.

I am under no illusions that I (and a few I know) won't be playing the pied piper and leading every single person in the East end over to a stand I choose or even expect or want to. The East end fans meeting was really about asking Bristol city what can or can't be done in certain stands when fans have to move out and what people do next is out of their choice. However the large sections I have spoken to do not see the Atyeo as an option as why jump back in to something you asked to move away from when campaigning to get the EE open?.

I can see sections of fans going in different directions around Ashton gate from the East end and on return? who knows?..

Did the discussions last night cover the Lower Dolman?  My understanding from a thread the other day is that STs in the Lower Dolman are going to moved at some point to clear the way for redevelopment.

I too am keen to hear confirmation of any disruptions to the lower Dolman next season.

Quote from redpaul on the other thread, " In January the Lower Dolman needs to be vacated to start the building work for the new entrances/ exits, which will put increased pressure on available seats."

It does seem strange to have building work going on in two stands at the same time during the season.

Edit: OS now says there will be a meeting for Dolman Stand STH's next Tuesday.

I too am keen to hear confirmation of any disruptions to the lower Dolman next season.

Quote from redpaul on the other thread, " In January the Lower Dolman needs to be vacated to start the building work for the new entrances/ exits, which will put increased pressure on available seats."

It does seem strange to have building work going on in two stands at the same time during the season.

Thats the problems with redevlopments, the lower section is easier to move about I guess, maybe they will restrict that part of the stand to potd only so they don't disrupt too many season ticket holders,

Everyone has to work together next season and not be suprised if people have to move,

Does this mean that the away fans will be right next to the tunnel, as that comes out in the middle of block D?

Would be good if we could squeeze them more into the corner where possible to keep them away from the tunnel to stop them 'hijacking' the atmosphere when teams are coming out or going in...

I did hear that the far end of the Dolman (block G is it) may be closed next season due to the building work going on joining that corner of the Wedlock Stand to the Dolman.

Archived