IGNORED

Jet & Sammy

UREDS_91

Not bad considering one should have scored about 50 more according to some on here and the other is apparently a lazy **** who does nothing but score 20+ wondergoals, provides a dozen assists and generally links up pretty much everything we do attack-wise.

Get rid of 'em both.

Not bad considering one should have scored about 50 more according to some on here and the other is apparently a lazy **** who does nothing but score 20+ wondergoals, provides a dozen assists and generally links up pretty much everything we do attack-wise.

Get rid of 'em both.

Ha, ha. Third best strike force in the country and some idiots still want them dropped. Thank god they don't manage the team !  

Super Bob scored 27 in 89-90 season (leagues top scorer) but don't think another City player got double figures ?  

you may be right, I rckon Turner, Morgan Newman and Shelton were all in the 7-10 mark, then you would have had Rennie and Smith coming in around the 5-6 mark.  Well supported in the scoring strikes was bob :)

If Paul Wimbelton hadn't had fallen out with Joe I reckon he would have been in double figures, he had bagged about 4 in 10 when he was sold on.

To answer the first question, I haven't seen anything close, but maybe Murray and Peacock in 2002 2004 27 for Murray about 16 for Peacock?

Going back - Big John and Clarky, 1964-65

Atyeo 23

Clark 24

B and J might just match that before the finish.

And that includes a large chunk of the season when Atyeo was out injured (IIRC, for the only time in his career). He came back just in time to stuff the high-riding Gas and lead us to the most unlikely promotion I've ever enjoyed.

"Ebony and Ivory" is a 1982 number-one singleby Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. It was released on March 29 of that year.  

The song reached number one on both the UK and the U.S. charts.....

Top strike partnerships often have popular nick-names ... (one of the best such names imo belonged to that lot at eastville with Smash&Grab (bannister/warboys) 

Its time we honoured our own current goal-machine pairing with a suitably well chosen nick-name.

Well Ebony & Ivory seems to fit nicely, & Saturdays date 29thMarch coincides with our important Rotherham game & the original release date of the McCartney/Wonder Number One Hit.

Jet & Baldocks goals are set to hit the record books too ... & are heading to the top of the goal scoring charts  ..  

Obvious other comparisons relating to our black/white stars in harmony make EBONY & IVORY ideal as a club nick-name for them imho.

Should we adopt a nick-name for Jet & Balders? ...

I suggest & nominate EBONY & IVORY for Jet & Sam -starting (like the song did) on the 29th March..

What do you think? ... if not E & I ... maybe something else?? 

Perhaps we should draw up a list of possibles & have a poll??  

"Ebony and Ivory" is a 1982 number-one singleby Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. It was released on March 29 of that year.

The song reached number one on both the UK and the U.S. charts.....[/i

not sure the pc police would be happy with that was

Top strike partnerships often have popular nick-names ... (one of the best such names imo belonged to that lot at eastville with Smash&Grab (bannister/warboys)

Its time we honoured our own current goal-machine pairing with a suitably well chosen nick-name.

Well Ebony & Ivory seems to fit nicely, & Saturdays date 29thMarch coincides with our important Rotherham game & the original release date of the McCartney/Wonder Number One Hit.

Jet & Baldocks goals are set to hit the record books too ... & are heading to the top of the goal scoring charts ..

Obvious other comparisons relating to our black/white stars in harmony make EBONY & IVORY ideal as a club nick-name for them imho.

I suggest & nominate EBONY & IVORY for Jet & Sam -starting (like the song did) on the 29th March..

"Ebony and Ivory" is a 1982 number-one singleby Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. It was released on March 29 of that year.

The song reached number one on both the UK and the U.S. charts.....[/i

not sure the pc police would be happy with that

Jet & Baldocks goals are set to hit the record books too ... & are heading to the top of the goal scoring charts ..

"Ebony and Ivory" is a 1982 number-one singleby Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. It was released on March 29 of that year.  

The song reached number one on both the UK and the U.S. charts.....

Jet & Baldocks goals are set to hit the record books too ... & are heading to the top of the goal scoring charts  ..  

The problem with that, is it's a shit song.

Archived