IGNORED

Best Films

Tins

Sorry guys, bringing up this old classic thread again.

When googled the last time these were spoke about were back in 2010 (I could of swear we had a recent one), so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I recently watched 4 films over the last 4 days, all have been amazing.

The Godfather, Once, The Commitments and Philomena.

What have you watched recently?

I watched this french film the other day called intouchable, absolutely hilarious and based on a true story. It's on sky movies/now tv if you have that and I can't recommend it highly enough especially if you are looking for something nice to watch with the mrs.

Think I mentioned on another thread but the best ones I've seen so far are probably American Hustle, Out of the Furnace, Dallas Buyers Club and The Wolf of Wall Street. Was a bit disappointed with The Monuments Men and 300 (apart from Eva Green  :yes:)  Looking forward to seeing Captain America this weekend, and I think this looks pretty decent:

Think I mentioned on another thread but the best ones I've seen so far are probably American Hustle, Out of the Furnace, Dallas Buyers Club and The Wolf of Wall Street. Was a bit disappointed with The Monuments Men and 300 (apart from Eva Green  :yes:)  Looking forward to seeing Captain America this weekend, and I think this looks pretty decent:

Think I mentioned on another thread but the best ones I've seen so far are probably American Hustle, Out of the Furnace, Dallas Buyers Club and The Wolf of Wall Street. Was a bit disappointed with The Monuments Men and 300 (apart from Eva Green :yes:) Looking forward to seeing Captain America this weekend, and I think this looks pretty decent:

The novel/manga it's based on is pretty good and Cruise doesn't sign up for many crap movies....as much as I don't like him I still watch his films.

I was also disappointed with Monuments Men, it promised so much more.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is the next must see on my list.

If anybody listens to it the caller with the "military background" was on Down the Line this week. He said that he'd only watched one film, Mrs Doubtfire, and because he didn't like it he'd never watched another one :-D

If it's current films then I've not seen any either.

Older ones:

The Wild Geese

Spinal Tap

Zulu

Police Academy 5

Withnail & I

If anybody listens to it the caller with the "military background" was on Down the Line this week. He said that he'd only watched one film, Mrs Doubtfire, and because he didn't like it he'd never watched another one :-D

If it's current films then I've not seen any either.

Older ones:

The Wild Geese

Spinal Tap

Zulu

Police Academy 5

Withnail & I

I have to ask, why 5 in particular?

It was the series' peak, after that it began to drift.

That's a fair comment - likewise it did make me chuckle. As a young un i would of considered the first few to be brilliant. They are what they are and don't pretend to be anything other than that.

Seen them many times and certainly have a soft spot for Mahoney, Hightower, Jones etc.

And who could forget Sgt Callahan!

As others have said Captain Phillips is truly brilliant, can never go wrong with a Tom Hanks film, does he ever age? Also enjoyed the prisoners.

Watched Gravity and felt it wasn't as good as it had been made out to be, the effects were stunning but the story line wasn't the best. It all felt a little fake. Was worth watching once but I wouldn't watch again.

I've been meaning to watch 12 years a slave, any thoughts on that? I've just been put off watching it as it seems very emotional.

Archived