IGNORED

Cardiff City - Pro Blue Protests

CardiffBlackLabel

I'm torn on this.

Obviously it's great to gloat, and hilarious in the banter sense.

But we have to remember that it is the fans that are paying the price for a catalogue of board inadequacies.

They flirted with promotion for a number of seasons when still barely remaining afloat, and visits to the courts for hmrc were regular.

Imo, they should have been punished back then and none of this would've happened - admin, -10 points, and probably relegation then - but somehow (possibly due to a failure by hmrc, or desperation of a gambling board - or more likely both) they were allowed to continue to pay large salaries and trade when they probably shouldn't have been.

That wasn't the fans fault. It's easy to say from our point of view that we wouldn't act the same...but honestly? Chance of premier league football with a very rich owner, or admin and relegation... Easy choice there.

The other thing is, achieving promotion has been a poisoned chalice for their true fans, because with it comes all the plastics, who are detrimental to any cause or protest. They give Tan power, and the hard core are drowned out, they lose their voice. We would be the same; sh+t fans would flood in from everywhere to see the big clubs, keep buying tickets, lapping up whatever is thrown their way.

What most of us are saying is that 'you' fans were stupid to believe the red or dead crap, after the 'liar' originally removed the colour change, I would say most of the football world warned 'you' fans as to what you let 'yourselves' in for by bowing down to the red or dead threat so easily and without any evidence.

red or dead is a red herring IMO.

I know a lot of our fans were stupid. I don't doubt that.

I just don't understand the opposition to a lot of fans standing up for our identity. Yes, more should have been done before, but circumstances are always unique.

A lot is going on now, and we'll get the club back in the end.

With reference to Hull, we have done more, and to be honest it's our opposition to the rebrand that helped Hull fans more than anything.

I know a lot of our fans were stupid. I don't doubt that.

I just don't understand the opposition to a lot of fans standing up for our identity. Yes, more should have been done before, but circumstances are always unique.

A lot is going on now, and we'll get the club back in the end.

With reference to Hull, we have done more, and to be honest it's our opposition to the rebrand that helped Hull fans more than anything.

OK the I will be totally honest.

When this originally became public knowledge, the thread on here carried I suspect 75% at least saying things like, what next?, you've sold your soul/heritage/history, be careful what you wish for etc. and now we are being smug and saying 'we did warn you', but in your fans case that's what greed and envy does.

Until you start getting sub 10K attendances the outside world looking in will continue to believe (rightly or wrongly) that Cardiff City have accepted their situation.

You may well be unhappy with your rebranding but against Liverpool, there was no empty seats from what I saw. Basically CCFC fans care about their club and heritage, but not enough to stop going.

Until you start getting sub 10K attendances the outside world looking in will continue to believe (rightly or wrongly) that Cardiff City have accepted their situation.

You may well be unhappy with your rebranding but against Liverpool, there was no empty seats from what I saw. Basically CCFC fans care about their club and heritage, but not enough to stop going.

That is what annoys me. They look for sympathy yet still line Mr.Tans pocket :grr:

Because wearing a blue shirt is going to stop Tan getting the gate receipts as well.....

If they really want him to quit they would not go. Simples

That is what annoys me. They look for sympathy yet still line Mr.Tans pocket :grr:

Because wearing a blue shirt is going to stop Tan getting the gate receipts as well.....

If they really want him to quit they would not go. Simples

Well Tan is missing out on money due to the rebrand..notably in merchandise, but I take your point and that will slowly become more of an issue if the season ticket sales figures are to be believed.

Either way, we are where we are, and some fans reluctantly accepted it, others didn't.

If you guys think Ashton Gate would be anything other than sold out to see a Bristol City playing in Green at home against Liverpool or Man Utd, then with respect, you guys are wrong. Bristol City, like Cardiff City is a club starved of success with a large urban population and a relatively small but committed hardcore.

What has happened won't happen again, because it's being proven to be a failure, but had it happened at Bristol City, in the same circumstances, the result would be the same.

I've learnt a lot about football fans in the last couple of years!

Well Tan is missing out on money due to the rebrand..notably in merchandise, but I take your point and that will slowly become more of an issue if the season ticket sales figures are to be believed.

Either way, we are where we are, and some fans reluctantly accepted it, others didn't.

If you guys think Ashton Gate would be anything other than sold out to see a Bristol City playing in Green at home against Liverpool or Man Utd, then with respect, you guys are wrong. Bristol City, like Cardiff City is a club starved of success with a large urban population and a relatively small but committed hardcore.

What has happened won't happen again, because it's being proven to be a failure, but had it happened at Bristol City, in the same circumstances, the result would be the same.

You make a very good point, CBL.

Even I might go - providing we never play in blue, I'd not countenance that!

So CardiffBlackLabel, hand on heart, was it all worth it? Is being in the promised land of the Premiership everything you've dreamed of and more? Have the changes you have been forced to accept been worth the sacrifice? Do you see a return to 'normality' some time in the future?

Yes, I wanted the chance to see MY club play in the Prem, I still do but I don't think i do as much. But I do know if we got there I would want to watch the Bristol City that I know and love, not some team whose colours I don't recognise.

I do feel for the genuine fans of any club. To see your club being killed and manufactured like this must be heartbreaking.

Only 4,000 protested, CBL. That's 15% of your average home crowd this season, which suggests to me that the other 20,000 are either apathetical towards the change or have only supported the club since they've been rebranded.

To suggest that the initial reaction by supporters to the rebrand forced a re-think is folly: all that happened was that the club delayed the rebrand whilst they came up with the financial blackmail plan, which you all accepted. You had your chance to seriously oppose the change and you blew it.

It's too late, but Hull showed you how to do it.

You've turned out to be gutless  glory hunters - so therefore it would have happened to a completely different football club in a different country.

Sorry we are not Cardiff, we're not Welsh and we're not you.

dick

Archived